Cast Member wants a response!!!

You know, this may not make COMPLETE sense but it actually meant a lot to me.

When I was planning our honeymoon to Disneyland, we were DYING to eat at the BB but Pirates was closed for refurbishment the day we got in. When the CM told me that she sounded SO disappointed. I actually wanted to give HER a hug :P

She was really sweet and felt awful. I love it when I get good customer service!!

I am a cast member and I book reservations for dining. I have been reading your posts, and just to let you all know that the cast members love helping all our guests make all their dreams come true. We DO love it when we find CRT for our guests who have been trying for weeks to get it, or Le Cellier for the couples who want a night out alone. I would love to hear from anyone about any special dreams we were able to make come true with our extra bags of pixie dust. Please Share!!!

I want to thank the cast member who upgraded me to AKL from the CSR in June of 2005. At the time I was too upset about the overbooking of CSR and being booted. If this CM could have seen my face an hour later when I saw AKL, omg. AKL was like a dream and had a lasting effect on me, I actually remodeled my residence to resemble elements of this gorgeous resort.

I wish I could personally thanks this CM but I never took the name down :(. At the time the CM was surprised at my apparent "so what" attitude, it was just because I needed that minute or two to get over the change in plans.

Thanks from the "ungrateful" guest...

I am a cast member and I book reservations for dining. I have been reading your posts, and just to let you all know that the cast members love helping all our guests make all their dreams come true. We DO love it when we find CRT for our guests who have been trying for weeks to get it, or Le Cellier for the couples who want a night out alone. I would love to hear from anyone about any special dreams we were able to make come true with our extra bags of pixie dust. Please Share!!!

Please look at my thank you letter to Cinderalla in my siggie! that was my speical Pixie Dust moment!!! The letter explains all!
:hug: :hug: :hug:

You guys are all AWESOME!!!:cool1:
You dont need to do anything special to be thanked. YOU are what makes disney so special. Your gracious hearts to each and everyone one of us.
Whether it be a reservation, kind gesture or the way you simply say hello is what makes my family want to keep coming back.

I will however share one particular story, My DD, 4 at the time, was waiting in line at the AK Character Trail. (Goofy) It was getting rather hot and they were getting ready to go in the Shade. Well it was my DD's turn to meet him and the CM stated Goofy is gonna go in the Shade now. Well, DD started to cry thinking that she wasnt gonna be able to meet him. Right then and there Goofy stopped walking, turned around,knelt down and hugged her and grabbed her by the hand and walked with her to the shaded area. It was special to me not only to see my DD face light up again but how sweet of that CM, who I am pretty sure was melting in there, to stop and make sure she realized she was not gonna be left behind and that indeed she was gonna meet goofy.

Thanks to all those CM who "melt" for us. We appreciate it more than you will ever know. MY DD always says how she got to "walk with Goofy" and I know she will NEVER forget it. :lovestruc

You guys are all AWESOME!!!:cool1:
You dont need to do anything special to be thanked. YOU are what makes disney so special. Your gracious hearts to each and everyone one of us.
Whether it be a reservation, kind gesture or the way you simply say hello is what makes my family want to keep coming back.

I will however share one particular story, My DD, 4 at the time, was waiting in line at the AK Character Trail. (Goofy) It was getting rather hot and they were getting ready to go in the Shade. Well it was my DD's turn to meet him and the CM stated Goofy is gonna go in the Shade now. Well, DD started to cry thinking that she wasnt gonna be able to meet him. Right then and there Goofy stopped walking, turned around,knelt down and hugged her and grabbed her by the hand and walked with her to the shaded area. It was special to me not only to see my DD face light up again but how sweet of that CM, who I am pretty sure was melting in there, to stop and make sure she realized she was not gonna be left behind and that indeed she was gonna meet goofy.

Thanks to all those CM who "melt" for us. We appreciate it more than you will ever know. MY DD always says how she got to "walk with Goofy" and I know she will NEVER forget it. :lovestruc

Awww, that brought tears to my eyes.

I just wanted to thank all the CM's for the terrific job they have done all these years. When you smile, appear enthusiastic or go the extra mile, we notice!

Just one minor criticism and this isn't for the CM's. I don't know how they train you though I suspect that you are prompted to say certain things. I just wish WDW would let the CM improvise as it seems more natural that way.
We were in Epcot and in every country got asked the same question, it was kind of like the "did you find everything you are looking for?" that you hear so often in supermarkets. As soon as we got off the script it became much more interesting and when I talked to the CM's in their native tongue (I speak several languages) they just opened up completely.

I have always gotten really helpful, genuinely friendly CMs when I have called Disney Dining. One time in particular, we had to cancel our trip on the day we were to leave because my DH's grandmother had a stroke and we are the only local family his grandparents have, so we had to stay behind. The CM I was speaking to in order to cancel all of our ADRs must have been able to hear the stress in my voice. She was very calming and helped me very kindly.

We've always received great service from the CM's and often comment to each other how the service at other theme parks (Six Flags, Universal) pales tremendously by comparison. Disney people are the best! :thumbsup2

This wasn't done over the phone, but I planned a trip for my inlaws back in January of this year. Then...they asked us to join them so we planned to join the for a long weekend...help them get around, learn how to use the transportation and then we would come back home and allow them to finish out the week alone.

With that said...I had to change some of the dining ressies from 4 to 6. There was one at O'hana and kept calling they could never change it so DH and made an ADR at Kona Cafe. The night of the dinner, we went w/ them and asked at check in if they could fit us...THEY COULD!!!! Yay! So we got to eat with them and then waited as they went on a WISHES cruises and we watched the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. It all worked out really nice!

Stacie

I love dealing with reservation personnel, for rooms, dining, just about everything. If you can't get into your first choice, they always have a suggestion which will usually do the trick. Also great hearing your friendly voices!

I have always wanted to retire and work in reservations for Disney. I know with any job, you will have your bad days. However being able to make people's dreams come true, would out weigh the bad days IMO.
I recently had a really amazing experience with two wonderful CM's. Their names were Tondra and Kelly Sue (in air fare). We had a trip planned for December 7-14, 2008. We had bought the airfare on February 12, 2008. We had to move the trip and couldn't go any sooner than Mother's Day 2009. I was told my several CM's on Friday that the only thing we could do was pay $1,400 to change the flight.:eek: :headache: My DH talked to a CM that said there was a chance we could get our money back b/c the airlines had changed both our flight times. She was going to try and find something out, but it would be Wednesday before she could get back to us. This was about 6 PM Central Time on the Friday before Labor Day, and she said the people she needed to talk we already gone for the day. Well I couldn't wait until Wednesday, b/c there was a Mk view room at the CR available. I didn't want to loose it, I couldn't change the resort until I settled the flight. I called Tuesday morning as soon as I got the DS's off to school. I explained the situation to Tondra. Also, since I had talked to a Disney CM, I had gotten another letter from Disney Travel saying my flight home had been changed a 2nd time. Tondra said that since our 2 flights had changed 3 times that I should be able to cancel and get a full refund. She didn't transer me to an air fare CM (where I would have to retell the story all over again), and then get another CM to rebook the resort package. Tondra took care of all of that herself, which made the process less stressful for me. Tondra put me on hold and after a little while came back and said they were going to be able to cancel the flight and get me a full refund. :banana: She just wanted to make sure before they started their process that was what I wanted to do. I said that I did, she went back and told them to start the process. While Kelly Sue was doing that, Tondra set up my resort package. I was able to get the MK view room at the CR that I have always dreamed of getting, but never thought I would ever be able to convince the DH to let me book. Also, it's on the Atrium Club level, so I am hoping for a really good view. What I loved the most was if I had a question and Tondra was not 100% sure of the answer, she would put me on hold and verify before she told me the answer. I am not complaining at all at being put on hold. Disney is the only company that I don't mind being put on hold, b/c I love listening to the music. At the end of the call, I asked her name again so that I could email and let Disney know what an amazing CM she was. She gave me the spelling of her name and the air fare person, that I never talked to. My DH used to be in fast food management, and since then have a habit of calling and letting a manager know when I have a great experience with their company. Instead of emailing Disney, I decided to just call back and ask for a manager. I made sure to give her both of the CM's names even though I didn't directly talk with Kelly Sue. I made sure to let her know that it's b/c of wonderful CM's like that my DH says we will continue to book our WDW trips directly through Disney Travel.

:surfweb: That is so awesome to hear!! Our airhelp department is such a fantastic group as well!! I was able to let some fellow cast members who's names appeared in your thank you letters and who I know personally know about the awesome responses I have gotten. It has continued to make their days each time!!:cool1:

Our vacation is coming up this Saturday (Five more days!), and we haven't been to Disney in 11/14 years. We decided to go all out and get the Deluxe Dining. I think I've called Disney Dining about 10 times since booking, so I've taken up a lot of the CMs time.

I just want to say that I'm completely impressed with the professionalism, patience and kindness that each CM has shown. It's very important to start a vacation off right, and with the quality of care I've gotten from the CMs I spoke with, I know my vacation is going to be amazing....and this is before taking a single bite of food!

So...thank you!

Our vacation is coming up this Saturday (Five more days!), and we haven't been to Disney in 11/14 years. We decided to go all out and get the Deluxe Dining. I think I've called Disney Dining about 10 times since booking, so I've taken up a lot of the CMs time.

I just want to say that I'm completely impressed with the professionalism, patience and kindness that each CM has shown. It's very important to start a vacation off right, and with the quality of care I've gotten from the CMs I spoke with, I know my vacation is going to be amazing....and this is before taking a single bite of food!

So...thank you!

That just needs repeating!!!!:thumbsup2

I just wanted to say that one main reason why we keep coming back to Disney is their Cast Members! Cast members always go above and beyond their jobs and they enjoy doing so for 'their guests'. On our last trip to Disney, which was August 15-24, we stayed in at the Fort Wilderness Cabins and I had ordered $600.00 worth of food, from Garden Grocer, for 6 people as we were staying there for 9 days and 8 nights. Garden Grocer delivered the food and 2 cast members put all the food away, while my family and I were at the parks. I got a call from a cast member to inform me that they had put away all the food and for me not to worry. You do not find customer service like that, not even at 5 star hotels! Sometimes people compare 'other theme parks' but I tell them, when you have driven a rolls royce, it's hard to drive a pinto after that. I have vacation at Disney World 40+ times, I remember staying at the Contemporary when it was only $50.00 a night, (a very long time ago) and each time, I see or do something new and exciting. I LOVE DISNEY CAST MEMBERS... maybe other corporations should sit up and take some pointers from Disney!

I just wanted to say that one main reason why we keep coming back to Disney is their Cast Members! Cast members always go above and beyond their jobs and they enjoy doing so for 'their guests'. On our last trip to Disney, which was August 15-24, we stayed in at the Fort Wilderness Cabins and I had ordered $600.00 worth of food, from Garden Grocer, for 6 people as we were staying there for 9 days and 8 nights. Garden Grocer delivered the food and 2 cast members put all the food away, while my family and I were at the parks. I got a call from a cast member to inform me that they had put away all the food and for me not to worry. You do not find customer service like that, not even at 5 star hotels! Sometimes people compare 'other theme parks' but I tell them, when you have driven a rolls royce, it's hard to drive a pinto after that. I have vacation at Disney World 40+ times, I remember staying at the Contemporary when it was only $50.00 a night, (a very long time ago) and each time, I see or do something new and exciting. I LOVE DISNEY CAST MEMBERS... maybe other corporations should sit up and take some pointers from Disney!

Exactly! Cast Members ARE Disney. Forget Ei$ner, Iger, and all the other clowns. The Cast Members are the ones that make Disney Disney. They are wonderful representatives of Walt, God rest his soul. Thanks for all you do, folks! :thumbsup2 ;)
Please keep up the fantastic work!

Working at Disney's Reservations Center is a dream come true for me. Having lived in Florida all my life what kid didn't want to work at Disney. I got my job in March of 2008 and started on the phones in the "repeater" community helping those guests who have been to Disney at least once in the last 5 years.

There were days that I wondered if the guests really understood that we were doing everything we could to help them. I want to thank you all for every nice thing you've say in this thread. YOU remind me that I work for the best company in the entire world! :love:

I saw the post about Kelly Sue (air help department) and would like to repeat alot of what was already said. Being on the call floor we all have our favorite support agents and I was always relieved to hear Kelly's smiling voice on the other end of the line. She never hesitated to go out of her way to help and agent and a guest. :cheer2:

I'm no longer taking guest booking calls since I've moved on to another department - but I want to thank you all again for understanding that 9 times out of 10 the CMs are doing everything we can to help you out! We want to make your vacation as special as you do!

All you CMs ROCK! I'm always treated with respect and they always try to get you what you are looking for. Or they suggest something else. Love it!!

Last year we were heading down for Chrismas 2007. (5 of us) I was not accustomed to making dining reservations ... just had never thought about it before. One day in late November I suddenly thought about the "luau" at the Polynesian. I mentioned it to the other family members and we all liked the idea. Sounded like fun. However, one member of our family is a mentally-challenged adult woman (then 35) and she was SO excited about going to that luau that she, herself, said she was paying for it. (She works and makes good $$ and doesn't spend much!!) The problem was, it we wanted to go on Christmas Day and it was the end of November!!! :scared1: I called and called and called, sometimes up to 4-5 times a day. We finally managed to get the reservation about a week before leaving ... making her SO happy that "she" could take us all to the dinner show. I think it's still her favorite thing she remembers from that visit.

I'm doing the exact same thing this year for Christmas week 2008 ... except this time I'm trying for LTT on the 21st or 22nd. With you CMs at the wheel, I think I'll manage to get it!! :)

Thanks CMs.

(PS - I'm hoping to become a CM in a few years myself! :cool1: I'm planning a move down there after DD14 graduates high school - I don't want to disrupt her high school years. But I'm so excited about doing it that it's hard to wait! :sad2: Maybe in an office setting!?
:confused3 )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter