Cast Member wants a response!!!

It's always great when CM's are really enthusiastic about spreading the magic.:wizard: I think, in recent years, there has, sadly, been an influx of "not-so-magical" CM's who really bring down the Disney experience.

While everyone has a bad day, it's just not acceptable for CM's to bring that bad day "on stage" for guests to see. We pay big dollars and have big expectations when we visit the World - expectations of being treated in a very welcoming, friendly way, just like Mr. Walt Disney expected back in the 50's.

Thanks to all CM's who continue to create magic and happy smiles in the original Disney tradition. You're the ones that keep us coming back.:)

It's always great when CM's are really enthusiastic about spreading the magic.:wizard: I think, in recent years, there has, sadly, been an influx of "not-so-magical" CM's who really bring down the Disney experience.

While everyone has a bad day, it's just not acceptable for CM's to bring that bad day "on stage" for guests to see. We pay big dollars and have big expectations when we visit the World - expectations of being treated in a very welcoming, friendly way, just like Mr. Walt Disney expected back in the 50's.

Thanks to all CM's who continue to create magic and happy smiles in the original Disney tradition. You're the ones that keep us coming back.:)

Well said GG!:yay:

When I made ADRs for our trip last May I was a little nervous, had never done this before but thanks to the Dis boards I knew it was a must! The CM that helped me was great and I got most of my choices, I was taking my niece for a grad present and one of the ADRs I subbed wasn't one she was excited about so I called back and the CM was very kind abour changing it. I then helped my sister by making their ADRs for their August trip( she didn't understand why I felt this was necessary!) I explained to the CM that I was doing this for her and they helped so much in making their trip special.
This year we are going to celebrate my daughters college celebration. I booked the Coral Reef and also all of my other 1st choices including Le Cellier! I just had to write and say how wonderful Debbi at the Coral Feef was! She returned my call and seemed as excited about all the plkans for having a diver sign as I was. She offered suggestions on what I could email her including pictures, a special message or song lyrics and offfered special menus personalized to make this special for my DD. She made me feel special, and as if our trip was as exciting foe her as it was for us! I hope Disney realizes how wonderful she is.

Hi there!

Today I called to get our MNSSHP tickets and I spoke with Gabby Lynn. She was so sweet and made me feel good about my trip.

I was really down this morning, as it was the two year anniversary of my grandfather's passing. He was a huge Disney fan and he is the one who took me on all my trips. I never mentioned it. But I was a little depressed.

However, Gabby Lynn cheered me up. She was sweet and told me all about how great Disney is around Halloween. We talked for a few minutes as she filled out the information. And when we were done, I headed off to get ready for work with a smile on my face.

Thank you Gabby Lynn. For giving me a smile when I needed it most!

:woohoo: That's awesome!!! I hope you have a great time!! Did you get to book your dining ressie's with your trip?? If not mention that you are going to MNSSHP and they can look up the EMH screen for even more availability! Have Fun!!:woohoo:

I just saw your post today, and it does make me sad to think there have been not so magical cast members that you have talked to. When I started working there I remembered thinking "this is magic". I still think that. With every dining call I take, I remember that feeling I felt when I first went into WDW as a child, when I first took my own children, and when I walked into the reservations center on my first day. I try and relay that magic to each of my guests. For the most part, when my fellow cast members are having a not so magical day, we do try and leave it outside. Kinda like you do when you go through the gates of the Magic Kingdom. I hope you keep coming back to us, and hopefully I will get to help you on the other end of the phone.:wave2:

:woohoo: That's awesome!!! I hope you have a great time!! Did you get to book your dining ressie's with your trip?? If not mention that you are going to MNSSHP and they can look up the EMH screen for even more availability! Have Fun!!:woohoo:

When I called for a reservation Liberty Square Tavern had one for 5:30, so I was psyched.... I want to give us some time to digest before the party and candy... I heard there was Trick or Treating (even for the adults who are young at heart) :cloud9:

I was in Disney last July as a graduation present (it happened to be my first time going even though i've been a Disney nut for Years!) One really random thing I remember though was on our last night. Of course we decided to spend it in the Magic Kingdom. When entering the park, I must have had a sad look on my face (maybe because I knew it was the last time for that trip, or maybe just because I sometimes look sad if I just happen to not be smiling). Anyways, one of the greeters looked at me and yelled something along the lines of "Smile! You're in the Magic Kingdom!" I got a huge grin on my face and just started laughing. That CM could have ignored me because he'd been on his feet for 7 hours straight, or because he was bored working the front gate all day, but instead he tried to cheer me up! In everything Disney does, it's the attention to the details, and this tiny little moment which that guy will never remember will stick with me for the rest of my life. Thanks to all those (CM and disney fans alike) who do what they can to share and spread the magic!

I was in Disney last July as a graduation present (it happened to be my first time going even though i've been a Disney nut for Years!) One really random thing I remember though was on our last night. Of course we decided to spend it in the Magic Kingdom. When entering the park, I must have had a sad look on my face (maybe because I knew it was the last time for that trip, or maybe just because I sometimes look sad if I just happen to not be smiling). Anyways, one of the greeters looked at me and yelled something along the lines of "Smile! You're in the Magic Kingdom!" I got a huge grin on my face and just started laughing. That CM could have ignored me because he'd been on his feet for 7 hours straight, or because he was bored working the front gate all day, but instead he tried to cheer me up! In everything Disney does, it's the attention to the details, and this tiny little moment which that guy will never remember will stick with me for the rest of my life. Thanks to all those (CM and disney fans alike) who do what they can to share and spread the magic!

I answer the dining reservation lines and I get excited for each of my guests. It doesn't matter if I have answered the phones 400 times that day, when you call me you are my one and only guest and it must be Disney magic because I do try and let my guests know that they are going to have an awesome time!! Thanks for the great words!!

My family went to Disney last Sept. I had all my ADR's made early, and then one of the places ended up being closed. It was excited to me to answer the phone and hear that Disney was calling. The lady on the phone did everything to get us another ADR for the time we were suppose to be eating. We finally got one but being free dining and it being 2 weeks before we were to leave I was surprised that we ended up with anything at all especially since we had 7 people to seat. She was really good trying to find us something.
tigercat

oh gosh. i have gone on so many trips and i even worked there as a college program cast member so it's all kinda blurry ...

but what i do remember is sitting down to eat. the table next to us was for a honeymoon couple, and it was so nice seeing the staff set up an extra special table for their meal. they had flowers on it and a little snow globe and some mickey confetti. it was sweet watching their faces when they saw the table. i can only hope to get such kind service for my honeymoon as well, but i haven't ever had poor disney service ....

I have an awesome Dining CM story to pass along. This was my second time to call for ADRs. I read a guide book that gave very explicit instructions on how to have the best chance for the ADRs you want. So I followed the directions, practiced, knew all the prompts and the on the prescribed day I started dialing at 45 seconds to 7:00(6:00) for me. I got through on the 3rd redial. I very rudely interrupted the CM with "Cindy's Table, Nov 23, breakfast, early as possible" Well, the CM starts asking all kinds of questions. When are you arriving? Are you staying on site? What is your confirmation number? and all I can think is, I'm not gonna make it. Imagine my surprize when she said, How's 8:05? I was estatic and quickly went to the next, Le Cellier and got that one also. I was so nervous, I was shaking and thinking I got a sorrow CM. During the other ADRs, I apologized for my rudeness and she laughed. Said not to worry about it, they get it every morning and know what is going to happen when the phones light up. At the end of the call, some 14 ADRs later, I asked to be transferred to book the Boutique for my DD. The CM offered and when she discovered I wanted the visit after our breakfast at CRT, she said Oh, no, she must be in proper princess attire for her meal in the Castle. I was amazed, but she got us the Boutique for 8:00 and CRT for 8:55. We will be visiting about a week after my daughter's 6th birthday and this will be one of her presents. She doesn't even know that you can eat in the Castle.
Want to know what the real bonus is? With such an early ADR we get to entered the park before it opens. I have always wanted to be on Main Street when it was empty and now I get my wish.
If you know Natalie, please tell her Thank You. I did send a letter to the main office, so I hope her supervisor gets it. I just really appreciated her patience.

We were going to Boma's for dinner back in January. We were taking my dad and sister and her family to my favorite restaurant. Since they live in the Orlando area we were following their car because they had the GPS system. Well, guess what? It led us to a dead end!! Where the heck was Animal Kingdom Lodge? I called ADR and a wonderful CM who told me she used to be a bus driver or taxi driver and stayed on the phone with us giving us directions until we got to AK. I never got her name but was so pleased with such service!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got a response to the letter I wrote to the Executive Office. Got a call yesterday thanking me for sending the letter and that it would be sent to the CM and her supervisor. So if a CM does something special for you, take a moment to write. The letters are actually read.

Hi there! I'm new to even finding this board and I really don't have the time this minute to read through all the posts so I am bookmarking for later reference. I don't know if there are any comments to this effect but let me give you the scenario I had today and a suggestion to pass on to "the powers that be".

When I call to make a reservation for dining, they ask me to hold for a post call survey. First off, the wait on my dime (since calls are no longer free!!) is too long. But....the first CM I spoke to today was so "yeah, what can I do for you" in her tone of voice and attitude that I just didn't want to deal with her, so I ended the call and called back, got a very nice lady and did my end call survey. But when I got to thinking about it, it occured to me that no one will know that my first call (and yes I got her name after asking her for it!) was not a pleasant/productive call. It may be a bit confusing but it would be nice to know you could press 9 or 0 during the call to end your conversation and get either the survey to say why or preferable a kinder CM. This is a dream trip for us like it is for most folks. I'm not going to start it off talking to someone who is sick of people calling about ADRs. I know my suggestion isn't perfect, but there has to be some way of letting the higher ups know about cranky CMs as well as the way we let them know about good ones.

Thanks and hope to chat with you live sometime!
K

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. When I hear someone not using their pixie dust, I always try and bring it to the attention of a supervisor. Hope you have a better experience next time!!

We have gone to WDW every year since 2000 sometimes even twice a year. We have always gotten a CRT if we wanted one during our stay. I have never once had an unpleasant cast member on the phone. Preparing for my upcoming trip we added a 3rd family to our grand gathering and I spend over a hour and a half with the nicest and most helpful cast member who was able to assist with all the switching that I had to do to fit the extra 4 people into the reservations. The Disney reservationists work so hard to bring magic to the lives they touch.

Our greatest event while making reservations is that our liberty tree reservation somehow got lost in the shuffle, when we called after receiving our itinerary. We called back several days in a row, finally while talking to a most helpful cast member she finally announced that the pixie dust is flying today because a table for 10 just opened for the time we wanted. Many thanks to all of you

Don't forget!!! They survey and the cast compliment line are 2 different things!!!

If you want to leave your lovely CM a compliment you must specifically ask for the compliment line, you are sent to the survey as soon as the CM releases the call.

Happy booking and Have a Magical Day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter