Castle Christmas Lights

NHGoofy

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know when the Castle Christmas Lights come down? We're arriving on the 8th and wondering if they will still be up or is everything back to normal?

Thanks!

Should be soon because as far as I could see, there were no lights on the castle this year and they just used projections through the season. They might still be projecting the seasonal stuff, but I don't really know.

Okay, thanks for your input! It's been several years since we've been there in December. It was a longshot, but I thought I'd ask. :-)

Likely gone the 9th since the marathon will be over.

Yes, thank you. I was thinking of the icicle lights! We've seen them before, but our granddaughter hasn't. Wonder if they'll be back 2023 Christmas.

If you’re thinking of the icicle lights, they were not out on the castle this year.

Someone will correct me I'm sure but I don't think the Cinderella Castle Dream Lights have been back since reopening after COVID ...

Yes, thank you. I was thinking of the icicle lights! We've seen them before, but our granddaughter hasn't. Wonder if they'll be back 2023 Christmas.

Someone will correct me I'm sure but I don't think the Cinderella Castle Dream Lights have been back since reopening after COVID ...
My understanding is that the icicle lights may not return due to the protections that are now displayed on the castle during fireworks and other projection shows.

I hope my understanding g is wrong though as I really like them!!

My understanding is that the icicle lights may not return due to the protections that are now displayed on the castle during fireworks and other projection shows.

the “excuse” this Christmas was the 50th decorations on the castle made it impossible for the lights. I had heard the plan was for them to return in 2023.

They are for sure beautiful once done, but the crane being there for months before and after does impact visitors especially those on a once in lifetime trip.

I would not be surprised if the expense of up/down, maintenance, storage etc is something they don't want back. And I agree they would interfere with projections.

2020: didn’t have them due to Covid
2021 & 2022: didn’t have them due to the 50th decor being in the way
2023: maybe it will be back maybe it will be gone for other reasons (100th, budget…)

At the risk of torches and pitchforks, I’m gonna say…..I really like the “ugly sweater” projections as a change from the icicle lights!! I mean they are truly beautiful in all their different stages of color but the different colors and patterns was fun. Not as striking a background for photos in front of it, I discovered, but still pretty in its own right. Now, I will still fight you over Wishes being replaced…….LOL8D5CA3BA-6E23-49FF-9FEA-32EFB35FBA97.jpeg

While my preference is the icicle lights, I have no complaints about the gorgeous projections they do no. For myself it’s a win-win whichever way they go.

I don’t miss the years of Sep trips with a crane in all our castle pictures.

Basically I want it all - icicle lights that go up in a day plus projections!! Disney dreaming! ;)

Everybody must realize that if they want to they can project that same icicle scene on the castle whenever they want to and almost no one would actually see any different. The could put it in cycle with the rest of the projections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter