• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Celebrities at Disney

In 1995 we met Steven Spielberg at IOA - he was walking around with his bodyguards looking at stuff in the Jurassic park section - he let us have a photo taken with him.

This August we were staying at WL and Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell) was also staying there with his family.

We were in The Pub, on the H27 and spotted Dale Winton at the bar. I am really ashamed to say that we couldnt stop staring at him. I never thought we would do this:eek: DD's kept needing the toilet to walk past him :rolleyes1 If you are reading this Dale (yeah right!) Sorry !

Dale was sat across from us on our flight in UC in september. He's exactly the same in real life as he appears on tv, looks the same, sounds the same, acts the same (down to earth, not diva-ish) and was helping the cabin crew look after this daft woman who had over done it on sleeping tablets and alcohol.

Seen Robbie Coltraine whilst in Premium on way to LA and partner of Elton John (David something) on way back. Robbie was great chatting to all the staff at back of plane and drinking a lot too. Said hello even if you just looked at him. Even was polite to one loud mouth jerk who offered him his business card for private jet travel. David was odd with smiling to all as he passed by on plane like look at me I am a celebrity which he is not really. My husband still didn't know who he was.

Funniest thing was watching Virgin staff (little chinese girl) walking Robbie through airport and helping him get his luggage at LA. He was so embarrassed because she was so small and could not cope with his luggage and he sort of said its OK I can do it and took over. He is huge in real life and was in really scruffy jeans and checked shirt.

Also seen Glen Hoddle many many years ago meeting his family at Nice airport when he played for Monaco. Showing my age now.

At all times have never asked for autograph or photo as did not want to invade their privacy (gutless me)

I know who Matt from Today show is as I watch it when in Florida and think he is lovely too.

we saw andy sugden from emmerdale, in oct 04. he was very nice, on vacation with his younger brother, he didnt mind having his picture aken with us, and gave kids autograph xxx

In September 2006 we were on the same flight back from Orlando as Justin Lee Collins, he was sat a few rows behind us in Upper Class but we didn't see him until we were getting off the plane.

I have seen quite a few others but not Florida related. They include Jim Davidson, Ant & Dec, Ben Elton, Nelson Mandela, Gino D'acampo, Dennis Wise, Ray Parlour, Brian McFadden (Westlife).

We also saw Bradley Walsh during our stay at the GF in November 06. I think he must be Disney obsessed like the rest of us as he has been spotted a few times.

It must have been nearly two years since I started this Thread. Just thought I'd give it a "Bump" up :thumbsup2

Haven't met anyone but wanted to say that i am glad this thread has been bumped as i would love to see who others have met, will keep my eyes open in September.

Jonathan Ross should totally be a DISer, he's been so much he must have plenty of cool tips for us.

Also his TRs would be awesome! I bet he has a second Dole Whip float if he fancies, budget be damned!

It's funny, if I met a celeb like him who I knew was a Disney lover, I think my love of talking about Disney would outweight my meeting someone famous nerves! :rotfl:

Bobby Ball in Water Mania
Shared a tram with Bonnie Langford in DHS
Have also seen some US 'stars', but had no idea who they were - only that people were approaching them for autographs or taking pictures of them

I've read page 1 and page 8... but I believe this one is impressive

We were dining at MK in 2007, Tony's Place I believe, and we had a very famous person come to the table next to us... mega movie star, featured in Kill Bill

Can you guess who it is yet?

Yes you guessed it

Uma Thurman

Now initially, when my boyfriend said who it was to me, I was like noooo, it never is, but upon subsequently seeing a poster of her, I was like OMG we dined with Uma Thurman (well on the next table.) Of course we didn't hassle them, because that would just be unbritish and not appropriate when they're having their dinner, and the fact that at time I was not convinced.

I think the closest we have ever got was the first time we went.
We ended up stood in the immigration queue in front of Michael Flatterly. Not a claim to fame that I bring up on a regular basis I must admit :lmao:

I've read page 1 and page 8... but I believe this one is impressive

We were dining at MK in 2007, Tony's Place I believe, and we had a very famous person come to the table next to us... mega movie star, featured in Kill Bill

Can you guess who it is yet?

Yes you guessed it

Uma Thurman

Now initially, when my boyfriend said who it was to me, I was like noooo, it never is, but upon subsequently seeing a poster of her, I was like OMG we dined with Uma Thurman (well on the next table.) Of course we didn't hassle them, because that would just be unbritish and not appropriate when they're having their dinner, and the fact that at time I was not convinced.

WOW - now that's impressive!!!! i don't know if i would have been able to eat my dinner if i was sitting next to somebody "that big" - 4 visits and not a whiff of celeb in site.....oh apart from Mr Mouse of course :rotfl:

Jonathan Ross should totally be a DISer, he's been so much he must have plenty of cool tips for us.

Also his TRs would be awesome! I bet he has a second Dole Whip float if he fancies, budget be damned!

It's funny, if I met a celeb like him who I knew was a Disney lover, I think my love of talking about Disney would outweight my meeting someone famous nerves! :rotfl:

Knew he was there last Aug, but didn't get to see him.
Danny Baker is another Disney lover. I love his Radio London afternoon show, but have never been out there the same time as him.
No celeb sightings for me, but several years ago, when the kids were still in primary school; (we had taken them out during term time); we were wandering around MGM with the kids in front of us, when they all turned to a lady and chorussed in unison, "hello Mrs Bunyon!" She replied, "Hello George, Ellie and Mitzi!" , and they all carried on walking! Just like it was normal to see each other in Disney during term time. Turned out she was a midday supervisor in their school!!:)

Jules x

I love this thread:goodvibes I do have a sighting to add now. Last august at MCO we were standing at the baggage claim and Colin whispered to me "thats Woody Harrelson over there", and yep it was!! not as tall as I thought he would be and totally normal looking, got his bags himself and no one bothered him.
The other one is from years ago at Universal Citywalk LA, i saw a guy with a little girl on his shoulders and thought he looks really familiar, it was Andy Garcia.
other people I've seen are Jean Paul Gaultier getting the Eurostar (and I did say his name too loud as he turned around to see who had spied him lol) and Fatima Whitbread at the airport. Had a lovely conversation with Lorraine Kelly at the Finding Nemo premiere as she came over to admire Caras teddy and say what a gorgeous little girl I had. Saw plenty of stars there, some their behaviour is best kept private:cool1:

I have seen quite a feb 'celebs' out in Orlando over the years ive been there....

The last one I saw getting off the plane was David Attenborough, that was on the flight from Manchester to Orlando.....

Other siting include Frank Bruno, Jason from Corronation street with Sarah Louise at the airport and Jim from American Pie!

My brother met Nascar Legend Richard Petty at TNA Wrestling aswell! I didnt have a clue who he was!

The best story I got told, was by a family friend. They were out in Florida last Summer, at Sea World and quieing to get in the park infront of them was John Terry and his family. JTs dad over-heard them saying 'Is that John Terry' and told the kids to go and speak to him. Supposedly Terry was absolutley brilliant with the kids and parents, took pictures and time out to speak to them. They later were in the same eating hall and Terry & Co came and sat on the table next to them and our family friend ended up riding Kraken with Terry and his Dad!

The most random occurance ive had was my Mums best friend and her family, whos son also happens to be my best friend, went out to WDW the week after we did in 1999 (before mobiles were really used by brits abroad), so we knew they were in Orlando but had not made any plans to see them. Queing up for Splash Mountain one night and we were 10 people behind them in the que! Its a strange world!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter