Changing the size of a DVC account

My family just wanted to send our condolences. We are so sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Your story brought tears to my eyes. Wishing prayers for you and your family. Take care.
Lynne

My mom pointed out this thread to me, Jim. I am so very sad for your loss...there really are no words. I will be thinking of you all and sending prayers your way. :rose:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Our deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your son.

Donna

Jim,

I am truly sorry for your loss. I did not put 2 and 2 together until I read your post. I remember hearing about the plane crash on the local news. My DH who works for Intel knew the man flying with your son. Such a great loss of life. I hope when you go back to WDW that you relive all the things that your son loved when he went to WDW.

Life will be forever changed for you and your family. May God be with you to help ease the pain.

As far as DVC. Keep things the way they are and maybe you can give your sons 150 DVC points to your first born Grandchild when that day comes. Or the two girls can alternate the use of points every other year.

Roxann

FLYNZ4 said:
Thank you for all of the kind thoughts.

I called my guide today and while it may be possible to combine the contracts... it probably doesn't make financial sense to do so. I'm sure our two daughters will find a good way to share the total number of points.
This is really not a big deal for us. In fact... maybe it was just a way for me to build up enough courage to even enter the DVC boards again. Disney vacations have been a big part of our family for a long time, and the thought of Disney vacations without Gregory was such an empty and hollow feeling, I was originally not sure that I could ever do it again. Now we know that we will go again... probably next summer... and we will do so remembering the great times that we had together.

Greg really was a great kid. He touched the lives of so many people. There were many many hundreds of people at each of his two services, and I do not think there was a dry eye there.

This is letter that we had read to Greg at the funeral.
----------------

Letter to Gregory from Dad, Mom, Jennifer, and Kimberly

Gregory,

You already know how much we love you, and you know how very much we will miss you. The response from the community has been overwhelming… and it is because you touched so many people in such a positive way. You truly led an incredible life.

It was so much fun watching you become an adult… and dad constantly says that you used to be his son… but that you became his best friend. Mom cherishes your gentle heart, and your kind spirit. Although you became a fine young man, you will always be her “baby boy”. Your love for her was so deep and so unwavering… it tells highly of what a respectful person you are.

Kimberly says that you will always be her “baby bubba” and that she knows how sad you were when she moved to Montana to attend college. You know how much she loved it when you visited her, and she was really looking forward to you flying out to visit her once you received your pilot’s license. Jennifer loves you so deeply and she will miss your compassion toward everybody. She said she will miss planning “road trips” with you; she is very proud to have you as her brother. Even Spike seems to know that you are gone, and will miss the way that you cradled him.

We have been visiting Amanda, and although she was teary eyed… the first words to us were “He died doing something that he loved”. We reaffirmed that she would always be part of our family. You did a great job in choosing a wonderful young woman as your fiancée.

Gregory, Thank you for all that you have given us. Life will be very different for us without you here, but you have made us all better people. Our faith is keeping us strong and we know that you are with God. We will miss your smile and your hugs - but we will hold you in our hearts forever.

With all our love,
Dad, Mom, Jennifer, and Kim

Special note from Dad:

Son, I want you to know that Mom and I chose a lovely spot for your burial… and that both of us will be joining you someday, laying by your side. When asked where you should be buried, my immediate response was: “I want Gregory on my right side”. Mom said… that is nice because whenever you flew, Greg was on your right. After thinking about this for only a second… I changed my mind. All pilots know which is the “seat of honor” so we will spend eternity side by side… with you in the “left seat”.

Dad

Jim,

I wrote my last response before I had finished reading the thread. Your letter was so heart felt. I am now in tears. Take care of you and your family.

God Bless
Roxann

I can not imagine what your family is going through. may your wonderful memories warm you in the times to come. blessings to your family.

I just wanted to send my sincere condolences to you and your family. god bless your son....and your family.

My condolences to you and your family.......my prayers will be with you for a long time. I must say that you really do have the right idea about continuing on, but always remembering. May God Bless you and your family during this trying time.

As for the contracts, the MOUSE has a good heart and I would think that under your circumstances they would make an exception.

So sorry for you loss.....

Hubby, Dad, and brother are pilots......

Sorry for the loss of your son. SOunds like he was a great person.

Goldi

you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers..

I am so sorry about your loss....I cannot imagine what you are feeling. We are not meant to bury our children.

:grouphug:

Beca

I am so very, very sorry to hear about your son. Please accept our condolences and prayers.

Steve and Jennifer

I just saw this thread today. As many have said, I can not even imagine the amount of loss you are feeling now. Please know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your letter to your son was beautiful, he truly sounded like a great young man.

May your memories of a terrific son help you through the days ahead. God Bless!
Patty

Jim,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family. I can only imagine the heartache you must be feeling.

It's going to take a great deal of time to have the presence of mind to come to the right conclusion concerning your DVC contracts. Give yourself and family the time needed to have the clear thoughts to make that choice. Trust me, it will come to you, when you least expect it and will be an easy decision to make. Don't rush into anything right now.

Sincerely,
Tom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter