Church Shooting in Tennessee

I hadn't heard about it until your post. I am not surprised it wasn't brought up though.

My thoughts go out to the victims

Is anyone else worried that these horrific events are now so common that they have become a non-news story?

Is anyone else worried that these horrific events are now so common that they have become a non-news story?

I wouldn't base my opinion on something being non news-worthy because it wasn't posted about here. I think people tend to stay away from starting threads that will inevitably become political.
It appears this shooting happened yesterday, I was away from TV and internet access all day so this was the first I heard about it. I'm sure the news reported it yesterday.

The story was covered by the local media throughout the day. I did see some references to it in the national media as well. In fact, I saw more references to it online yesterday than I saw about the unfolding post-hurricane disaster facing millions in Puerto Rico.

Yeah. It's a total conspiracy. Never mind it was on the national news more than the total disaster unfolding in Puerto Rico.

The disaster in PR has already been well covered and right now Fox just had an interview with Geraldo Rivera live from PR. Short of 24-7 streaming coverage, I'm not sure what else you're looking for there.

Its in my city, but I thought it'd become political and I didn't know how to present it. Its been widely reported everywhere I get my news and I didn't see it on fox news. I pray Nashville doesn't have the issues St. Louis has.

I was busy and tuned in to limited news yesterday and heard about this.

It was Sunday and people were living their lives.

It's a shame people jump to violence.

I wouldn't base my opinion on something being non news-worthy because it wasn't posted about here. I think people tend to stay away from starting threads that will inevitably become political.
It appears this shooting happened yesterday, I was away from TV and internet access all day so this was the first I heard about it. I'm sure the news reported it yesterday.

Surely though, not every shooting goes reported? There are on average 7 deaths per day in continental USA directly linked to firearms or 4 homicides carried out with a firearm... eventually, it's inevitably going to become a sad background music :( I wish that it wouldn't and would be delighted to be proven wrong :)

EDIT - NOT a firearms debate. At all. Promise.

Surely though, not every shooting goes reported? There are on average 7 deaths per day in continental USA directly linked to firearms or 4 homicides carried out with a firearm... eventually, it's inevitably going to become a sad background music :( I wish that it wouldn't and would be delighted to be proven wrong :)

EDIT - NOT a firearms debate. At all. Promise.

And not every rape, robbery, beating, mugging, etc is reported. Not every accidental death is reported. I don't expect every single shooting to make the news.

This is the first I've heard of it, but I've not listened to news the past couple days.

So awful.

Its in my city, but I thought it'd become political and I didn't know how to present it. Its been widely reported everywhere I get my news and I didn't see it on fox news. I pray Nashville doesn't have the issues St. Louis has.
It was on our local news this morning right after a Puerto Rico update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter