Cloning of rides at Disney Theme Parks??

True.

In the case of Star Wars, I suspect that it was simply a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Obvioulsy this is the ride that started the trend. I think at the Time George wanted to put that ride in and Saying no to a Star Wars ride seems pretty stupid.

I do understand your point about content. It is a slippery slope. I think part of my problem is that the attempts that were made to fix that have fallen flat. Of course Muppets might as well have been a Disney brand when that was built.

I won't argue that the Studios was an example of following either it is true.

I guess the heart of the problem is that I liked the Studios the way it was in 1990 or even 1996. I feel like a lot has changed that has hurt the SHOW of this park.

It never really occured to me to care where the content came from until today.

No it didn't :(

need more explicit directions for making trademark symbols

I=bad at the Internet :)

no, no tags. Just typing. Like to make a capital S you hold down shift and hit S. Hold down Alt hit 0174 on the numerical key pad.

®

AHH, you need to use the number pad. I tried it without the tags first using the regular number keys. That is why I failed.

®®®

Okay, am I the only ones having problems with the boards updating?

Updating is very slow

°oº ®

Æsop's Fables

™ œ ¢ £ ¤ ¥ § ©

Even better Ei$ner©

Now I can sue Landbaron if he doesn't pay me every time he uses it. :crazy:

It's like Disney building a theme park and then using a bunch of other companies' movies in it to make it work.

I take the other side, that a theme park based on Hollywood's past cannot ignore every other studio.

But, I'm curious how you feel about the Disney Channel showing non-Disney movies, such as Back to the Future II, which was on last night.

I was thinking about this all last night.

1: When the muppet show was built, Disney was distributing their movies and there was and still seems to be at least a faint wish to buy the property. that makes Muppetvision good snese and not completely an outside property. So I'll ignore it for now.

2: The Great Movie ride would be lame with only Disney productions and in maany cases uses broad genera themes as apposed to specific movies. Obviously Alien and the like are there, but again, this ride may be allowed a reprieve.

3: Could any of you honestly say Disney could have done better without using Lucas property on Star Wars and Indiana Jones? This was brilliant and Lucas didn't have a distributor for rides based on his works. makes sense.

4: this leaves us with Twilight zone. This one, Disney could have done without the Property, but I think making it twilghtzone adds something.

My point is not to defend whether or not the park should have been opened. Although with Lucas, DL had it first which may negate those rides. but to show that Disney made better rides (it would seem) by Utilizing other properties. To me, Better SHOW is more important then Not Invented Here. (a policy that has been detrimental in some ways to a large microprocessor concern out west. :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter