Cloning of rides at Disney Theme Parks??

Actually Mr. Scoop – the best Disney attractions are Disneyland’s ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ and ‘Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye’.

Just to set the record straight.

I would agree whole heartedly with JeffJewell's last post!!! Its all about the money.
I havent been too Indiana Jones yet at DL but for my money the best two rides/attarctions would be Tower of Terror and POC!!! They have all elements put together in a great package.

AV/Scoop- You're both 1/2 right. If forced to narrow it down to two, Its Splash and Pirates. This is a pure and simple fact, and cannot be disputed.:p

Show, I'm not sure what to say. Tower is great, but not in the top 2. Again, fact, not opinion, so any protests are rejected in advance.:D

Raidermatt And DVC-LandBaron In Total Agreement!!!

AV/Scoop- You're both 1/2 right. If forced to narrow it down to two, Its Splash and Pirates. This is a pure and simple fact, and cannot be disputed.
ABSOLUTELY!!! RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!

And you are right! It is a fact!!!

Just for the record, the next paragraph is also 100% correct!! (but I didn't want to quote the whole darn post!!)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Haven't read this whole post, but Last year I did a poll on what the members of the DIS thought was the best ride. the results are sitting on a PC at my Old Job in Illinois. I'll scrounge around in the Debate Boards to see If I can find it.

Alas the post has been lost in the Ether forever.

As I recall, PoC, Haunted Mansion and Splash mountain made the top 5 with Splash Mountain being the most popular. Indiana Jones was high among people who have been to disneyland.

Landbaron, I thought your favorite attraction was Cranium Command. :) I remember YoHo's poll, while you didn't really have it #1, it was in your top 5. It was then that I realized just how seriously you took all this stuff.

But, all a youse are only half right. The two greatest Disney attractions are PoC & HM. No question.

Honestly, I don't know if anyone would agree with me, but I would put ToT in front of Disneyland's Indiana Jones.

Disclaimers: I rode ctx before ever riding Indiana Jones, and thought about it while riding it; I've only ridden Indiana Jones 3x; I probably can't be trusted in these sorts of opinions because I like Disneyworld's Pirates better than Disneylands.

In any regard, the top two Disney attractions are actually Breathless and drinking beer around show case, anyway.

DR

Landbaron, I thought your favorite attraction was Cranium Command. I remember YoHo's poll, while you didn't really have it #1, it was in your top 5. It was then that I realized just how seriously you took all this stuff.
I'm afraid this is another one that I'll stand alone on. When the poll was taken Cranium Command was still in my head from a conversation with one of my kids. She had done something without thinking and I told her that if she kept it up she'd wind up piloting a chicken!!

Anyway, I cannot defend it. But it has a certain appeal to me that I can't explain. Maybe it was because, as you know, I'm fairly well versed in Disney (probably wrong most of the time, but well versed) and it took me by surprise. I hadn't even heard about it!! (Maybe rightly so!) And only discovered it when we approached the sign. It surprised me.

Upon further reflection it is not a top 5. But I still like it!!!!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Cranium Command Rules and I agree with Pirates and Mansion. everything else pales in comparison.

(on my trip to disneyland the Mrs. and I went back and forth between the 2 like 4 times. they were the only rides we went on more then twice.

Anyway, I cannot defend it.
...I certainly will.

Cranium Command is a must-do for us, every trip. It's got a great storyline, and is extraordinarily well-written: entertaining, hilarious in places, and leaves a simple and valuable message. The celebrity casting was impeccable, and all gave inspired performances.

Cranium Command is a small scale project, but it reeks of old-style Disney Magic: making the absolute most of what it is, in the name of telling the story.

It's probably not one of my top five, but I'd not argue with anyone who put it on their own list.

Jeff

PS: I honestly don't know when this was added, so I don't even know who I'm giving credit (I'll make the educated guess it was a Wells/Eisner era project, though).

PPS: I re-ditto PoC and HM.

I would also agree that Cranium Command is a great show. But im afraid that some of the younger generation may not like it as much as us who enjoy the humor that they may not get!!! I hope it stays around for a long time!!!! I always enjoy seeing the show and getting pumped up!!!

Cranium Command opened in 1989.

And, yes, it "rules." Sort of. It's fun and entertaining, but doesn't live up to my standard (am I allowed to have one?) for classic Disney attraction.

The casting was absolutely dead-on. For 1989, though. The next generation may not identify George Wendt with "eating" and Bobcat Goldthwait with "going berzerk." So, as a "timeless classic" in the same category with PoC and HM, I just can't put it there.

I know you're asking, "why can't GC just agree with anything?"

Cheers should be in syndication for quite a while, so George's character should be known for quite a while, and Bobcat plays the part in such a way that he defines himself (no previous knowledge of him is needed), every show (as does Went and Groden as well). Groden has enjoyed more success since that show debuted with his own show recently. But despite that, I think they fit their roles so well that whether you know who they are doesn't really matter.

I agree the actors played their roles well and were a perfect fit. But as we grow older that younger people who come may not identify with them as much as we do. I hope its not replaced because wdw hasnt done a great job of making better replacements than the original attraction. I would agree its not a timeless classic but still a excellant show!

Umm, If the Actors are doing there Jobs right, then it won't matter if they are still "relevent"

Personally, If the show only works, because people know who George Wendt is, then the show is worthless.

Since a Number of people here have talked about how good the show is, I can only assume that it is good, and therefore WHO the actors are is completely irrelevent.

Ironically this is the EXACT problem with the current Universe of Energy. Ellen is already largly irrelevent and Bill Nye while he probably has a longer shell life isn't much better.

ELLEN's energy Adventure will die, because nobody remembers who Ellen is.

Yoho i think it matters to the younger park goers if the people in the show are relevant to them. If they arent familiar with the people some parts like the Satuday Night guys who want to pump you up will fall on deaf ears, with comments like girly man that they arent familiar iwth and may not find it as funny as i do. I liked the energy ride better without Ellen.

But how many Disney projects use relativly unknown voice or screen acting and still hold relevence? Is the Voice of the little mermaid still relevent. Do you think that first time viewers of Mary Poppins care how relevent Julie Andrews is?

Or the Genie. Do you think most children or tweens care that it was Robin Williams that did that Voice? Or is the fact that he gave such a great performance all that is relevent?

George Wendt Started the SuperFans on SNL. Has the Superfans slang died out as Wendt's career has? Not to my knowledge, but I used to live in Chicago. That's how we all talk. ;)

I don't see how it being live action makes a difference. I stand by my statement The quality performance and script are 100% more important then the actor's reputations. Cranium command won't lose relevence due to the actors.

And yeah, Ellen's Energy Adventure had . . . OTHER issues as well. But it still suffers by trying to draw on her popularity/Noteriety.

Another Thought. With Cable and Satellite now penetrating like never before and the lovely Comedy Central, We can rest assured that kids will always be exposed to Arnold's cousins and two WIld and Crazy guys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter