Closing Time!

The very obvious thing they can do is hire more people. Taking 30 days to get closing docs is behind ridiculous when everyone else can do it in under 1 week.
I am so happy that I am not using them.
Oh no, I know they can hire more people, but then there’s the time to train new people, and who knows if by that time things might slow down.

And me too, but I’m not using them by choice, having scoured this thread first.

Same! Seeing how quickly so many others get their closing docs from other companies is super frustrating! We passed ROFR and Disney issued the Estoppel certificate both on 4/25 and no closing docs yet. This is my 3rd resale purchase and it seems to take longer with each one.
Same here. Passed ROFR with Estoppel on 4/26. Still waiting on closing documents. :(

Home Resort: Grand Californian
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: www.firstam.com
Offer made: 2/9/23
Offer accepted: 2/10/23
Sent to ROFR: 2/13/23
Passed ROFR: 3/2/23
Closing docs received: 5/5/23
Closing docs returned: 5/11/23 (Buyer)
Closing: 5/18/23
Deed recorded: 5/18/23
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

Days Total:

I am finally drawing a deep breath. We had a delayed close and the market price on VGC has changed radically since we signed the offer. I was sweating bullets that the seller would back out the entire time. I am so grateful we were able to buy these points before the market went nuts.

The very obvious thing they can do is hire more people. Taking 30 days to get closing docs is behind ridiculous when everyone else can do it in under 1 week.
I am so happy that I am not using them.
Either that or the broker should warn the buyers that due to whatever reasons, the wait for closing documents is longer than usual.
I agree that taking a month to do what every other title company manages to do in under a week (some on here in one day) is ridiculous

Anyone have contract added to their account after 4/26? I closed on 5/2. I think I was one of the last Cammy closing with Mason. My 7 months is June 13th and I would like to add a sept/oct trip. The waiting is killing me.

Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Broker: www.dvcresalemarket.com
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 9/1/22
Offer accepted: 9/1/22
Sent to ROFR: 9/6/22
Passed ROFR: 9/19/22
Closing docs received: 4/13/23
Closing docs returned: 5/2/23
Closing: 5/17/23
Deed recorded: 5/18/23
Contract Showing on Membership:
Points in account:

We had a delayed closing but I cannot believe the day is finally here! We were thrilled to add on this contract!

I have a question about my closing documents. They are out of office until Monday so I can't get an answer until then from the title company.
I am using Monera to finance, however, there's nothing about that in the closing documents, only wiring instructions for the full amount. Is that a typo? Should Monera be in contact with me already?

Anyone have contract added to their account after 4/26? I closed on 5/2. I think I was one of the last Cammy closing with Mason. My 7 months is June 13th and I would like to add a sept/oct trip. The waiting is killing me.
I think there are a few of us that closed on 5/2 that are sitting in a logjam. Based on current reports over the last week or so, MA is now taking at least 21 days to create new memberships and/or adding contracts to existing memberships. I haven't seen anyone post on here that closed on 4/26 or later that has seen contracts appear in their dashboard, which is consistent with the +/- 21 day period. Pre-VDH sales (prior 5 weeks), contracts were consistently appearing in 13 days (about 85%).

My guess is the resale pile was set aside to focus on new VDH owners, but that's just a guess.

I think there are a few of us that closed on 5/2 that are sitting in a logjam. Based on current reports over the last week or so, MA is now taking at least 21 days to create new memberships and/or adding contracts to existing memberships. I haven't seen anyone post on here that closed on 4/26 or later that has seen contracts appear in their dashboard, which is consistent with the +/- 21 day period. Pre-VDH sales (prior 5 weeks), contracts were consistently appearing in 13 days (about 85%).

My guess is the resale pile was set aside to focus on new VDH owners, but that's just a guess.

I’m in the log jam still waiting 4/25 close & recorded. 24 days & counting…

I’m in the log jam still waiting 4/25 close & recorded. 24 days & counting…
Yeah, it seems like they are setting up almost no resale contracts right now. Yet, there was a post earlier this week wehere a contract that closed on 4/25 saw points on 5/10...

Last edited:
I had points loaded in my account in about 36 hours after the contract appeared on my dashboard. No contacting members services. Good luck everyone waiting!

Thanks, it just sucks waiting. I am hopeful for next week. My guess is a bunch will go all at the same time.

In my DVc account should I look under My Profile and then Member information? I just don’t want to miss the new contract posting

In my DVc account should I look under My Profile and then Member information? I just don’t want to miss the new contract posting
You can look under “My Profile” and then “My Membership”. You can also look under “My Vacation Points”. Just remember it will show the contract with 0 available until member services loads the points. They were less than 2 days without contacting them for me after the contract was loaded to my membership.

5/2 and still waiting as well. It looks like 21-23 days might be the average now

For multiple reasons I have been going back and forth with MA & MS over the last couple of weeks.
The short of it is, MA finally got back to me. They said they're anticipating for contracts that they received May 1st, to be loaded by the end of next week. With points to follow up to an additional 7-10 days.

For multiple reasons I have been going back and forth with MA & MS over the last couple of weeks.
The short of it is, MA finally got back to me. They said they're anticipating for contracts that they received May 1st, to be loaded by the end of next week. With points to follow up to an additional 7-10 days.
So the time frame basically tripled in less than 2 weeks.

Eww that will push 5/2 into June. My June 13th 7 month when I need more points is looking kinda close now. Glad I pulled the trigger when I did and didn’t wait a little bit longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter