College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a thread on here with just pictures of people's costumes in different roles? i've looked but i can't seem to find anything..

I'm in full food and beverage and i'm not really sure what i'm going to be wearing :confused: I doubt it would be a costume though

I'm in full food and beverage and i'm not really sure what i'm going to be wearing :confused: I doubt it would be a costume though

Unless you are a manager or have an office job (backstage roles) you wear a "costume." It's Disney's term for what they give you to wear to work every day. If you're working in FSFB you will definitely be wearing a costume. In case you haven't noticed Disney likes to keep everything themed :)

Has anyone heard anything more about Photopass Photographer roles becoming open to CP's anytime soon?

Has anyone heard anything more about Photopass Photographer roles becoming open to CP's anytime soon?
It is open to CPs in California, has been for a while. It was recently openend to CPs in FL, but has since filled up for spring. I am one of the lucky ones that got the role for spring. So far there are 4 of us that I know of that will be doing it in spring. I'm writing a TR for it and I have a blog you can read if you want, bopeep09.livejournal.com.

Does anyone know what tasks are assigned to people in recreation? Is it gaurenteed that we will be working in a water park? Can anybody who has done an internship in recreation fill me in on what they did?

Thanks

Does anyone know what tasks are assigned to people in recreation? Is it gaurenteed that we will be working in a water park? Can anybody who has done an internship in recreation fill me in on what they did?

Thanks

I don't know too much about recreation. But I do know you can be put at resorts too.

Unless you are a manager or have an office job (backstage roles) you wear a "costume." It's Disney's term for what they give you to wear to work every day. If you're working in FSFB you will definitely be wearing a costume. In case you haven't noticed Disney likes to keep everything themed :)

Don't worry, FSFB usually has very nice costumes. I can't think of any hideous ones in FSFB.

Thanks for the info!

It is open to CPs in California, has been for a while. It was recently openend to CPs in FL, but has since filled up for spring. I am one of the lucky ones that got the role for spring. So far there are 4 of us that I know of that will be doing it in spring. I'm writing a TR for it and I have a blog you can read if you want, bopeep09.livejournal.com.

Have they told you any details about your role yet? Let us know if you get to talk to someone about the number of slots for fall!!

Anyone else (I guess mostly in California) had a role as a photopass photographer?

Have they told you any details about your role yet? Let us know if you get to talk to someone about the number of slots for fall!!

Anyone else (I guess mostly in California) had a role as a photopass photographer?

i don't know a lot that's the truth....i'm sure i will learn a lot as i get there. if i hear anything about roles for fall or important things like that i will be sure to let everyone know.

i know that they are looking for photography listed as a hobby and/or photography experience. cause that's something i was asked about.

but don't go listing photography as a hobby if it's not actually one. they will figure it out eventually if you have NO clue. i know that if you're really having trouble w/your training for a role they can switch you. my friend got switched out of transportation cause he was having too much trouble w/the training.

Hi all. I was wondering - my son in doing the Spring '09 College Program. January 5 - May 15th. He has to check out on May 15th. Do you think he would have to work on the 14th? Or do they have anything special planned for the day before check out for those going home? He was thinking of leaving to drive back home on the 14th, but I'd hate for him to miss anything.

Thanks!

Hi all. I was wondering - my son in doing the Spring '09 College Program. January 5 - May 15th. He has to check out on May 15th. Do you think he would have to work on the 14th? Or do they have anything special planned for the day before check out for those going home? He was thinking of leaving to drive back home on the 14th, but I'd hate for him to miss anything.

Thanks!

My daughter had to work the night before she checked out until closing so I would not count on him getting off any earlier although I have heard of kids have the two days off before their departure day.

They have graduation ceremonies but those are scattered times and I believe they sign up for them in advance...they are definitely before departure days though.

Liz

Thanks!

On my last CP, I had the day of check-out and the day before off.

I was scheduled to close the day before but I gave my shift away and got it off by a fluke since I needed off to leave in order to attend DB/DF's (we put our engagement on hold for now) graduation from bootcamp.

My other roomies had to work until close. I think one had to work until 2am and then get ready to leave since 2am would have been the day of check out.

I'm sure this is somewhere, but can someone give an idea of what the first 3 days are like? Timeframes, places to go, what all gets done, etc?

I'm trying to decide on a check in date, but just found out that Disney Homeschool Days are the 12-13 (I wanted to check in on the 12th) and my girls are going to go, so I'd like to have a general idea of what a schedule might look like in case I need to change my date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter