College Program Questions Thread Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joanna maybe you can answer this. When I graduate I'll have a degree in biology and my first CP is this coming January. I'm positive that I want to stay with Disney after I graduate and will hopefully do the PI in an animal program. How much typically do full-timers make? I really want to work in one of the animal departments since my biology has a focus on wildlife.

I wish there was a website that had salaries on it :confused:

Joanna maybe you can answer this. When I graduate I'll have a degree in biology and my first CP is this coming January. I'm positive that I want to stay with Disney after I graduate and will hopefully do the PI in an animal program. How much typically do full-timers make? I really want to work in one of the animal departments since my biology has a focus on wildlife.

I wish there was a website that had salaries on it :confused:

The range is pretty big - it depends on your years of experience, educational major, extra certifications, years with Disney, etc. Those factors could change your salary by about 10-15k a year. I'm not sure the exact range, but it'll be comparable to other animal programs within the southeast.

Got my acceptance email this morning! SO HAPPPPPYYY!!

Also, thought I'd clear up a few rumours that have been circulating the net lately:
1) Disney ARE on a hiring freeze. True, but it does NOT affect the programme as Disney are expecting the usual very busy summer this year
2) (This is more for ICPs) They have only just started hiring for the programme and there are plenty of spaces left
3) Alumni do NOT always get the job the second time they apply.

I haven't seen too many of these floating around on DIS but if any of you have seen them I thought I'd put your mind at rest. There are loads of rumours about it atm, but my recruiter said the same happens every year. Basically, if you're lucky enough to get an interview, they obviously need to hire somebody and you're a step closer than anyone else.

Also, my top tip for the interview would just be to be honest. My interview buddy had loads of things prepared which made me panic slightly in the interview. I'd over-thought it and in the end just forgot everything I'd prepared and was totally myself. If you're right for the job, Disney will know :)

Much love to anyone who's answered my previous posts, thanks for your help during the interview process! Anyone who's still waiting to hear, or for their interview, good luck, it's actually a lot of fun!

As for me, watch out USA, Vicki's making a comeback!

Also, thought I'd clear up a few rumours that have been circulating the net lately:
1) Disney ARE on a hiring freeze. True, but it does NOT affect the programme as Disney are expecting the usual very busy summer this year

Disney would much rather hire for the College/International Programs because they can pay the kids less and work them more with out any unions getting in the way.

Got my acceptance email this morning! SO HAPPPPPYYY!!

3) Alumni do NOT always get the job the second time they apply.

Congrats! What role did you get?

Also, I wouldn't really say this is a rumor. Because people know when they re-apply there is a chance they won't get the same role/location. Of course, they have a better chance getting their old spot (because they usually don't have to be re-trained, unless they didn't work for over a year).

Is it weird that I don't care that they're paying me less and working me more hours? :rotfl:

Hey yall. This is for ALL CPers ( past, present, intrested) since I am not sure how many people are in the fall 09 facebook group, just to put it out there.

There is an AIM chatroom as well : wdwcpfall2009

and to InventorsDaughter: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You may not think that way once you've been there for a little while. It can get real old real fast:rolleyes:

I'm sure. I just keep telling myself that it would be some other company doing the same thing and i'm lucky that I get to work for Disney.

Just remember 2 words: "Magic" and "Resume". That's how I'm going to try to maintain focus:thumbsup2

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup2

Sorry, I know ive been asking a lot here, but I am quite curious. Right now im out of classes until the spring semester, so I am unable to talk to a cousoler(Spelling is bad, I know),but Is the college program specificly for Universities and (I hate to say this) "real" colleges, or does it go out to community colleges as well? Right now im registered for my spring semester in my community college and plan to transfer to a 4 year school by next winter, I just would love to get into the program as soon as possible. Thanks again for all the responses, they have been VERY helpfull.

Sorry, I know ive been asking a lot here, but I am quite curious. Right now im out of classes until the spring semester, so I am unable to talk to a cousoler(Spelling is bad, I know),but Is the college program specificly for Universities and (I hate to say this) "real" colleges, or does it go out to community colleges as well? Right now im registered for my spring semester in my community college and plan to transfer to a 4 year school by next winter, I just would love to get into the program as soon as possible. Thanks again for all the responses, they have been VERY helpfull.

Community Colleges are real colleges and yes the CP extends to students of Community Colleges as well.

Liz

Is the college program specificly for Universities and (I hate to say this) "real" colleges, or does it go out to community colleges as well?

Yep, what the PP said. My 2nd DD was in community college when she did her CP. 1 semester and she applied. I think it was the only reason she even went to school...:rolleyes1

BTW, I did 2 years at a community college, transferred to a very good private 4 year college, and am now working on my Master's. I'm just as proud of my A.A. as I am of my B.A. and I will be of my M.B.A. Community college is a fantastic way to start your educational career!

Hey yall. This is for ALL CPers ( past, present, intrested) since I am not sure how many people are in the fall 09 facebook group, just to put it out there.

There is an AIM chatroom as well : wdwcpfall2009

Yay! I've missed the chatrooms!:)

It's for any college. In fact, there's a CC around here that hosts a presentation on their campus.:)

Yep, what the PP said. My 2nd DD was in community college when she did her CP. 1 semester and she applied. I think it was the only reason she even went to school...:rolleyes1

BTW, I did 2 years at a community college, transferred to a very good private 4 year college, and am now working on my Master's. I'm just as proud of my A.A. as I am of my B.A. and I will be of my M.B.A. Community college is a fantastic way to start your educational career!

Oh please I did not mean any disrespect, I just couldnt the right termanology. Hell Im going to a community college right now, and I dont regret it whatso ever. Anywho, thank you all for your responses, this relieves a great deal of stress I had. Ill make sure to check in with my counsoler come spring and see if I can get in ASAP. Thank you all once again!

I know that we are supposed to wear dressier clothing to Tradions...is a nice sun dress considered dreey enough? or is it more business formal

As well, when I attended Traditions, they were VERY picky about how you were dressed. They even had us line up to get in, and had a person give us a look over for improper shoes, gaudy nail polish, facial hair (on guys.. maybe girls too? lol) and actually turned a few people away for not following the dress code strictly. And if you're turned away you have to reschedule yourself into the next Traditions class which can be such a hassle considering you have to fit it in before your first scheduled day of work!

facial hair (on guys.. maybe girls too? lol)

Ladies, pluck your eyebrows wrong ONCE and you'll be penciling in forever. Pluck a chin hair and it comes back. With friends. Believe me, middle age is no party, so revel in your youth! :lmao:

As well, when I attended Traditions, they were VERY picky about how you were dressed. They even had us line up to get in, and had a person give us a look over for improper shoes, gaudy nail polish, facial hair (on guys.. maybe girls too? lol) and actually turned a few people away for not following the dress code strictly. And if you're turned away you have to reschedule yourself into the next Traditions class which can be such a hassle considering you have to fit it in before your first scheduled day of work!

I remember that! We were walking up to the bus and they're like "Hey ladies! *looks us over* Nice job! You can all wait over here to board the bus!" :rotfl:
Ah fun times. Traditions is a lot of fun, but some of the info is repetitive if you're a Disney buff. Even then there is some other interesting stuff you learn as well =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter