Color Swap Elements: CLOSED see post 245 pg17

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my Bright Green set for Group K1. I had cut too many flowers so there are some extras for each person.

ColorSwap001-1.jpg

I really wish I signed up for more groups now. I love that shade of green. I like what you did with it even more.:love:

I wish I was getting those:sad2:

I've done 3 groups - the stickles are just drying on my patterned (hey, no point working from home if you can't take a little break:rolleyes1)

Those are so pretty DIT! I think Im using the orange gingham that matches your green for pages.
What size is your photo mat thats green and white? It looks larger than a 4x6.
I need to branch out and try new things!

For Red elements can I use pink with it? I think white would be too stark and I think the pink would be soft enough. Its the pink I used with my pink pages.
And we do get pink from mixing red and white:goodvibes

Thanks!:goodvibes I really like that green set too. I've had the paper for a long time and was saving it because I loved the color. Figured I should actually use it since it does no good sitting in a drawer!:rotfl:

Rita, the smallest layer on the photomat is 4 1/4 x 6 1/4. The middle layer is 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 and the largest layer is 4 3/4 x 6 3/4.

So I'm not the only one with a bag full of paper because I don't want to "waste" it:rolleyes1 (And when I say bag I mean rolling tote so full the handle creaks if I try to lift it :blush:)

Yes, health and safety say you should have a break every hour if you're on a computer.;) I think they intend you to read documents rather than stickle paper though:lmao:

So DIT, I unintentionally scraplifted from you... because I did not see that you had done the same thing for your green! Luckily we're in completely different groups, and no one is in both groups. I apologize.. :sad1:
See? And the marks on the journaling box are supposed to be there, it's the Rusty Pickles "Sweet Baby Pickles" line... I didn't just spill something on the paper. :lmao:
100_0130.jpg

Here's Red:
100_0126.jpg

And here's yellow:
100_0132.jpg

And I'm done! (With elements) Now I just have to do the pages, and I'll be finished! (With the color swap). It never ends, does it? I've come to realize this very quickly. :rotfl:

Nice work Z2H and I think Im in one of your groups!:yay:

DIT~ ok I said photomat but thats not the one I meant. I really want to know how you made the one to the right of it with the green and white sections.:goodvibes

Susan, is it too early to check in for the 20th? We will be in Alaska and I wont be able to check in then.
I have half of my groups done for pages, red done for elements, yellow half started and Banana is done alltogether. This will change before we go because I will have even more finished and can give you an update next week if you like.:flower3:

AR, that's my journal box with a spot for a small photo if you want to add one there. The dimensions are:

White base layer = 6 1/2 x 4 1/2
Green dot layer = 6 1/4 x 4 1/4
White box = 2 x 4
Checked box = 3 x 4
White strip in middle = 3/4 x 4
Green stip on white strip = 1/2 x 4

ZTH, your groups all look great! I'm going to have to go check and see if I get any of them!!

I got another group done:thumbsup2 DS(9)'s school was closed for the EU elections (yes, just the week after they were off for half term:headache:) so I took the day off and we went to the London Aquarium. Hey, I've got elements from swaps need using:rolleyes1

Hey Susan, I'm trying to follow your packing instructions...but I have a question. :) For the 4 small bags we put in the big Ziploc bag, if we put them in a non-ziploc bag (but close it with tape) is that ok? I know you said "Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close," but I figure you would rather the bag be able to close than to zip? Not sure.

I don't know where to find any bags that aren't gallon sized that are zip-topped. On the other hand, if you can tell me where I can find some (would they be 2 quarts?) then I can go get some of those.

Z2H~ you can use quart sized bags and then put the 4 into a gallon size. Do you have a dollar store around you? I buy the offbrands because they are only a buck and my store also carries the 2 gallon for the pages.
Does that help?
Also, some hostesses let you wrap in saran wrap just make sure to label everything.:hippie:

Nice work Z2H and I think Im in one of your groups!:yay:

DIT~ ok I said photomat but thats not the one I meant. I really want to know how you made the one to the right of it with the green and white sections.:goodvibes

Susan, is it too early to check in for the 20th? We will be in Alaska and I wont be able to check in then.
I have half of my groups done for pages, red done for elements, yellow half started and Banana is done alltogether. This will change before we go because I will have even more finished and can give you an update next week if you like.:flower3:

Sure, you can check in now.

Hey Susan, I'm trying to follow your packing instructions...but I have a question. :) For the 4 small bags we put in the big Ziploc bag, if we put them in a non-ziploc bag (but close it with tape) is that ok? I know you said "Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close," but I figure you would rather the bag be able to close than to zip? Not sure.

I don't know where to find any bags that aren't gallon sized that are zip-topped. On the other hand, if you can tell me where I can find some (would they be 2 quarts?) then I can go get some of those.

Z2H~ you can use quart sized bags and then put the 4 into a gallon size. Do you have a dollar store around you? I buy the offbrands because they are only a buck and my store also carries the 2 gallon for the pages.
Does that help?
Also, some hostesses let you wrap in saran wrap just make sure to label everything.:hippie:

THanks Rita!

ZTH -- the tape -- if you tape the bag closed, am I going to be able to open the bag get the stuff out, put the stuff back in and reseal it? If yes, then fine with the tape.

I really think the ziploc/glad/no name bags are easier. The last set you posted, yellow I think, that should fit in a quart sized bag. You put one topper, box and mat and discover in a quart bag, close it, label it. Then put all 4 qrt bags in a gallon bag, close it, label it.

If you made large item that can't fit in a quart bag, you'll have to use 4 gallon bags and then put those in either a gallon or 2 gallon bag. Is this making sense?

Here is the why -- 4 people in a group make 4 sets each, that is 16 bags for each group -- I think I have 44 groups? 16 x 44 = 704? bags for this swap alone. If something falls out of a bag, you can imagine how much work it is to figure out where it goes.

And since we are on the subject of packaging, make sure the bags are not addressed to a particular person. When I sort, I will take your 4 bags out of the larger bag and deal them out like cards and then do the same with the others in the group. If they are individually addressed, then I have to find that person's pile as opposed to just sticking it in a pile. End result, it is faster for me.

I really appreciate your efforts in getting it bagged up right!

Love what everyone has posted so far. I hope to start this swap this weekend. It should be easy to finish. I have everything to start it - just need to get the motivation!

For people in groups S (Lime Rickey) and T (Wisteria) - if you already have your paper, which particular paper did you get? I got two different sets of each line, so I can use whichever people didn't get. That way we can have a complete-ish set of the paper line. I will have to look to see what I have, and I will edit post to add it.

ETA: Lime Rickey - Boston Cooler OR Sarsaparilla
Wisteria - Violet OR Jardin

What does everyone else have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter