Color Swap Elements: CLOSED see post 245 pg17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the ziploc/glad/no name bags are easier. The last set you posted, yellow I think, that should fit in a quart sized bag. You put one topper, box and mat and discover in a quart bag, close it, label it. Then put all 4 qrt bags in a gallon bag, close it, label it.

If you made large item that can't fit in a quart bag, you'll have to use 4 gallon bags and then put those in either a gallon or 2 gallon bag. Is this making sense?

Alright, I just found out that there are a lot of websites that specialize in plastic ziptop bags. :scared:

I also found out there are a lot of different thicknesses and sizes these bags come in - and that you need to order them in large quantities. However, I was able to find a place that sold them in sets of fewer than 1000, so I ordered 6 x 10 ziptop bags for a really good price. I think those will be pretty versatile, which is good. :woohoo: So I will make sorting that much easier on you, Susan! No tape to deal with.

I did another three yesterday:goodvibes Tora has cutone set, Kicky is ging to do his this afternoon:thumbsup2

Alright, I just found out that there are a lot of websites that specialize in plastic ziptop bags. :scared:

I also found out there are a lot of different thicknesses and sizes these bags come in - and that you need to order them in large quantities. However, I was able to find a place that sold them in sets of fewer than 1000, so I ordered 6 x 10 ziptop bags for a really good price. I think those will be pretty versatile, which is good. :woohoo: So I will make sorting that much easier on you, Susan! No tape to deal with.

Yikes! ZTH -- I feel terrrible. I am sure there is some sort of disconnect here. Unless you really leave in the middle of nowhere, you should be able to find bags at the grocery store. Did you already place the order?

Press-together work as well as zip top - that's what I use:thumbsup2 We don't have a lot of zip-top over here

They don't have to have the real zipper top on them. They should at least be the press n seal kind not the ones that you just fold the top over and the stuff falls out. There are all kind of store brands and they have them at the dollar tree.

Yikes! ZTH -- I feel terrrible. I am sure there is some sort of disconnect here. Unless you really leave in the middle of nowhere, you should be able to find bags at the grocery store. Did you already place the order?

Oh no, really. Don't worry. The price of the 200 count I got is cheaper than the price of 200 quart-size at the grocery store - and they're the right size, not too small.

I didn't get a 1000 count, sorry! I just forgot the actual amount I got until I got the email today. No worries. :) I needed these for other swaps & things around the house as well, so I'd been meaning to try to find some.

And Susie, they are the press-n-seal. Is that what you call them? I didn't know... I figured it had the little zipper-looking thing across the top, but without the zipper part itself.

Sorry to worry everyone...

Oh no, really. Don't worry. The price of the 200 count I got is cheaper than the price of 200 quart-size at the grocery store - and they're the right size, not too small.

I didn't get a 1000 count, sorry! I just forgot the actual amount I got until I got the email today. No worries. :) I needed these for other swaps & things around the house as well, so I'd been meaning to try to find some.

And Susie, they are the press-n-seal. Is that what you call them? I didn't know... I figured it had the little zipper-looking thing across the top, but without the zipper part itself.

Sorry to worry everyone...

Now....since you've done all the leg work - do you mind sharing the site?

Now....since you've done all the leg work - do you mind sharing the site?
I actually got them off of Amazon, I did a search for "reclosable bags 2 mil" and came up with a lot of different sizes. I was deciding between ordering from there and from RoyalBag.com, but went with Amazon when I found a price that beat RoyalBag. The price is great, but shipping can add a lot on, so you have to watch.

I have the slideshow started. I couldn't copy DisneyIsTerrific's photos - -they came out weird. I'll take a photo when they get here.

Love what everyone has posted so far. I hope to start this swap this weekend. It should be easy to finish. I have everything to start it - just need to get the motivation!

For people in groups S (Lime Rickey) and T (Wisteria) - if you already have your paper, which particular paper did you get? I got two different sets of each line, so I can use whichever people didn't get. That way we can have a complete-ish set of the paper line. I will have to look to see what I have, and I will edit post to add it.

ETA: Lime Rickey - Boston Cooler OR Sarsaparilla
Wisteria - Violet OR Jardin

What does everyone else have?

Lime Rickey: Fruit Fizz, FUzzy Navel, Blue Moon

Wisteria: Pond, Willow and bazzill

Marrakech: African Nectar, Palace Blue, Orchid Oolong

Porcelain: Silver Birch, Bellamy, Langley

Lime Rickey: Fruit Fizz, FUzzy Navel, Blue Moon

Wisteria: Pond, Willow and bazzill

Marrakech: African Nectar, Palace Blue, Orchid Oolong

Porcelain: Silver Birch, Bellamy, Langley

I have the whole Wisteria set, haven't decided what I'm using yet.

I have the whole Lime Rickey set. I used Blue Moon for my Group S pieces and Tutti Fruitti for my Group S1 pieces.

I wasn't able to get the whole set when my LSS had the big sale. But it looks like we will have a great mix. I will look at my papers tonight and see which set I will use with both and post it. I also bought the matching Bazzill paper for my sets, I'll post those colors too.

Group V - Basic Grey - Two Scoops

Here are the four groups - cupid's arrow, neapolitan, a la mode, sprinkles
100_4442.jpg

Here is what is in each group
100_4443.jpg

2 large photo mats
2 small photo mats
1 journal box
1 library pocket and two sided tag

They are inked and use the paper as ribbon

No - not all my groups will have this much stuff. I just couldn't not use up the sheet of paper. :sad2: I hate to waste it.

You scared me with the quaintity - I thought I'd got it wrong:earseek: I love those :goodvibes

I think I've just fallen in love with another paper line - right after I bought a whole bunch of Laundry Line from MME.... sigh.....it looks great, AWM! You really did make use of all the paper. :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter