Color Swap - Mailed back to you!

ZeroToHero

DIS Veteran

The Color Swap will have sign-ups open on May 18th, at 9 am. They will stay open for a week, until May 24th.

Check-ins:
Confirm your groups and send me your contact info by - May 28th
Check in #1 by - June 15th
Check in #2 by - July 9th LAST CALL FOR ANGELS
Mail by - July 30th
Due by - August 6th
The due date is firm, because I will be leaving for five months shortly after this swap.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

If you finish early, feel free to mail to me as soon as you are done. I have room to store the boxes.

Packaging Instructions:
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS THROUGH CAREFULLY. If you are unable to package and label as follows, I respectfully ask that you do not sign up for this swap. Items that are not packaged and labeled properly are an added burden to the hostess; it really slows down the sorting process and increases the chances of you not getting back the pieces you are entitled to.

Place each set of items in a Ziploc bag that is able to close. Label the bag with your DISname, name and group info:

ZeroToHero
Danica ________
Red A

Place the 4 individual bags inside a gallon size or larger bag. NO SMALLER. Although your items may fit in a quart size bag, the pieces you get back may not fit in a small bag. Label the outer bag also. The little paper slips that go in the bags are also fine. Thank you for taking the time to make sure your pieces meet these requirements. :)

Mailing Instructions:
You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after August 1st. Then, you must mail Priority with Delivery Confirmation. I will send back to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Medium/Standard box – $10.70, Large - $14.50. I recommend Delivery Confirmation for all packages, even before the August 1st date, but it is not required until after August 1st. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include another $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors. To minimize on postal errors, please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope.

Do not include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

REQUIREMENTS:

1 photomat for a 4x6 photo, at least 2 layers, smallest layer 4.25x6.25, embellished 2 ways

AND

1 box total of 3 layers, minimum writing space 3x3 (other shapes are okay, doesn’t have to be a square), embellished 1 way

AND

1 element from the list below:

1 paper piecing (not a single layer diecut)
2 tags (or 1 large tag—greater than 2x3), 2 layers, something in the hole and embellished 2 ways
1 file folder (2 if mini) - -embellished 2 ways
2 slide mounts -- embellished 2 ways
1 topper, 2 layers, embellished 2 ways
1 border 2x12(approximate size -- make it to fit a 12x12 page), 2 layers, embellished
2 ways
Altered CD
3 altered paper clips
1 shaker box or matchbook (with paper inside), embellished 1 way
1 library pocket and tag, tag must be 2 layers with something in the hole, pocket must be embellished
1 license plate
1 ATC, embellished 2 ways
2 inchies, embellished 2 ways
4 shapes(squares, circles, stars, flowers etc) 2 layers, embellished 1 way, minimum 1 ½ inches
1 photomat (or frame) and 1 small tag
1 photomat (or frame) and 2 shapes
1 photomat (or frame)and 1 box

Embellishing: adding an extra layer beyond the requirements, specialty paper: flocked, bling/metallic, glittered, foiled, embossed etc., metal embellishments (brads and eyelets), adding ink or glitter (ex. - Smooch Spritz, Stickles, etc.), paper tearing/distressing, dry or heat embossing, using stamps, rub-ons, flock, adding flowers or skittles, ribbon or fibers, matted flat stickers or dimensional stickers….PLEASE NOTE, this is not an all inclusive list. I am sure there are other ways of embellishing. If you have an idea, I’d love to hear it. If anything is not clear, please let me know so I can clear it up. The only thing specifically excluded is handwriting.

GROUPS:

New to me swappers are limited to three (3) groups.

For monochromatic groups: use any shade of the color, white, black, or a neutral color, or patterned paper that is mostly the color of the group – judgment is up to the designer if a paper is, for example, light blue or sea foam green.

A. Red FULL - Make 4
1. chiefdragon
2. Arizona Rita
3. PirateTink
4. MusicalDisneyDreams

B. Blue FULL - Make 4
1. PinballFamily
2. Arizona Rita
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
4. PirateTink

C. Green FULL - Make 4
1. chiefdragon
2. Arizona Rita
3. PirateTink
4. LOVEMY3KIDDOS

D. Brown FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. ZeroToHero
3. AlexWyattMommy
4. 123SA

E. Purple FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. PirateTink
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
4. icesk8abc

F. Pink FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
3. wdwmickey
4. hffmnheidi

G. Yellow FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
3. ZeroToHero
4. 123SA

H. Orange FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
3. icesk8abc
4. ZeroToHero

I. Color Combo – Black (ideas: black & pink, black & white, black & grey, black & red, black & silver, black & orange, black & purple…) FULL - Make 4
1. ZeroToHero - Black and White
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - Black & Orange
3. DisneyBarlans - Black & Pink
4. chiefdragon - Black & Red

I1. Color Combo - Black FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita - Black & White
2. MazdaUK -Black & Orange
3. ZeroToHero - Black & Gold
4. PinballFamily - Black & Silver

J. Color Combo – Green (ideas: green & pink, green & purple, green & brown, green & yellow) FULL - Make 4
1. ZeroToHero - green and purple
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - green & pink
3. tinkryansmom - green & brown
4. wdwmickey - green & yellow

K. Brights (red, blue, green, orange, yellow) FULL - Make 4
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS -red
2. MazdaUK - green
3. 123SA
4. ZeroToHero

L. Rustic (brown, goldenrod, orange, gold, burnt orange, red, burgundy, green, forest green) FULL - Make 4
1. MazdaUK - something brownish
2. tinkryansmom - gold
3. PirateTink - burgundy
4. AlexWyattMommy - forest green/goldenrod

For “Boy” & “Girl” groups: use 3 colors. Coordinating patterned paper can be used as well. No repeats on color combos, although colors can be repeated. (Ex. – one person can do brown, pink, and cream, and another can do green, pink, and brown, but two people cannot do green, pink, and brown.)

N. “Boys” (some ideas: blue, green, orange, brown, yellow) FULL - Make 4
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - blue, brown, green
2. DisneyBarlans - green, yellow, & white
3. PirateTink - blue, yellow, & white
4. MazdaUK - orange, brown, & green

O. “Girls” (some ideas: pink, purple, red, yellow, light blue, light green) FULL - Make 4
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - pink, brown, cream
2. DisneyBarlans - purple, pink, & white
3. tinkryansmom - purple & light blue
4. PirateTink - light green, pink, white

P. Pastels (pink, blue, lavender, green, yellow) FULL - Make 4
1. tinkryansmom - lavender
2. ZeroToHero
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - blue
4. PinballFamily - pink

Q. Patterned Papers (can be any mix of papers, use up papers you don’t have a use for– but all have to be of equal quality) FULL - Make 4
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
2. MazdaUK
3. tinkryansmom - spring green
4. MusicalDisneyDreams

R. Disney FULL - Make 4
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
2. DisneyBarlans
3. PinballFamily
4. ZeroToHero

R1. Disney FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
3. tinkryansmom
4. ZeroToHero

R2. Disney FULL - Make 4
1. Arizona Rita
2. AlexWyattMommy
3. 123SA
4. PinballFamily

R3. Disney FULL - Make 4
1. 123SA
2. AlexWyattMommy
3. DisneyBarlans
4. wdwmickey

R4. Disney FULL - Make 4
1. MusicalDisneyDreams
2. 123SA
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS
4. AlexWyattMommy

Specialty Groups -
Just as a reminder - 1 photomat, 1 journal box, and 1 other element.
Please specify your other element in advance, so we don't all do the same thing!

My Mind's Eye:
S. Laundry Line (free choice from the different sub-lines) Make 3
1. ZeroToHero
2. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - library pocket & tag
3. PinballFamily

T. So Sophie, Charming (there are a few other So Sophie sub-lines that go well with Charming if you want to combine) Make 2
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - file folder
2. ZeroToHero

Basic Grey (groups are combined): Make 4

Z. Nook & Pantry (Bazzill Colors: Pinecone, Pollen, Candle Glow, Aqua, Painted Desert, Cream Puff, Pear, Lagoon, Foxy, Hazel, Hopi, & Mocha Divine) and Lemonade (Bazzill colors are: Lagoon, Sour Apple, Aqua, Granny Smith, Juneberry, Romance, Sweetheart, Petunia, Sunbeam, Whirlpool)

1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - mat & tag (Nook & Pantry)
2. ZeroToHero (Nook & Pantry and Lemonade)
3. MazdaUK - topper (Lemonade)
4. Pinball Family (Lemonade)

Scrap Paper Group
One-of-a-kind element sets using bits of leftover paper, embellishments, ribbon, etc. Maximum of five sets per swapper, so we can more easily/randomly exchange among participants and not get any of our own sets back. Patterned and/or colored paper of any color are ok. The point of this group is to use up our scraps in fun and creative ways, so if you have enough to make 2+ groups with the same materials, that’s fine, but if you don’t, that’s fine too.
1. PinballFamily (5)
2. ZeroToHero (3)
3. Arizona Rita (5)
4. MazdaUK (5)
5. AlexWyattMommy (5)
6. 123SA (5)
7. PirateTink (5)
8. LOVEMY3KIDDOS (5)
9. hffmnheidi (5)

Waiting on address
Sent address
Check in #1
Check in #2
Mailed
Received by me :woohoo:
Sent to you :hourglass
Received by you! :yay:

Swappers:
:yay: 123SA - D, G, K, R2, R3, R4, Scrap (5)

:yay: AlexWyattMommy - D, L, R2, R3, R4, Scrap (5)

:yay: Arizona Rita - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I1, R1, R2, Scrap (5)

:yay: chiefdragon - A, C, I

:yay: DisneyBarlans - I, N, O, R, R3

:hourglass hffmnheidi - F, Scrap (5)

:yay: icesk8abc - E, H

:yay: LOVEMY3KIDDOS - B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, N, O, P, Q, R, R1, R4, S, T, Z, Scrap (5)

:yay: MazdaUK - I1, K, L, N, Q, Z, Scrap (5)

:yay: MusicalDisneyDreams - A, Q, R4

:yay: PinballFamily - B, I1, P, R, R2, S, Z, Scrap (5)

:yay: PirateTink - A, B, C, E, L, N O, Scrap (5)

:yay: tinkryansmom - J, L, O, P, Q, R1

:yay: wdwmickey - F, J, R3

:yay: ZeroToHero - D, G, H, I, I1, J, K, P, R, R1, S, T, Z(x2), Scrap (3)

Angels:
morgansmom2000
DisneyIsTerrific
MickeyTeacher

I like the elements. They are easier to make work with a greater variety of photos. Some of us are vertical photo challenged. :rolleyes1 Okay, maybe it is just me. LOL

The groups you have look good. I like the extra time since I would have to have mine finished and mailed before July 28th.

Everything looks great! I think I'm going to have lots of scraping to do this summer.
S :)

I totally know what you mean about being vertically photo-challenged... haha. I have issues with turning my camera.... it's too much work.

Me Me Me!!!!
Just tell me when and where and I'm there and can I start now? Can I huh? Huh?
Im channeling my inner Dug!
Whatever we're doing Im there!
(BTW, Pattern ok, specialty, not me.)

What about Pam's idea for using scraps and leftovers?

I figured the Patterned group worked for the scraps too - do you want me to change it to Patterned/Scrap group? That way, the cheaters can just use new sheets of paper (Jennifer, I'm talking about you! :rotfl:), and then people who want to use up scraps can as well.

I figured the Patterned group worked for the scraps too - do you want me to change it to Patterned/Scrap group? That way, the cheaters can just use new sheets of paper (Jennifer, I'm talking about you! :rotfl:), and then people who want to use up scraps can as well.

Me? A cheater?

These sound great!!! The wheels are already turning!! I like the idea of the specialty papers groups!! I am in love with Basic Grey AND My Mind's Eye!!!!

I plan to sign up for the ABC pages, so I think just elements for me this time. I like the patterned paper groups. I liked the results of the specialty paper groups, but I found it expensive. I would try hard to resist.

May 18th is the day I am supposed to pick up DH. It has been a very looonnnngggg year. I'll need a sign up buddy.

I plan to sign up for the ABC pages, so I think just elements for me this time. I like the patterned paper groups. I liked the results of the specialty paper groups, but I found it expensive. I would try hard to resist.

May 18th is the day I am supposed to pick up DH. It has been a very looonnnngggg year. I'll need a sign up buddy.

I'm a SAHM...so if you need a buddy, I can help you out and would be happy to! Let me know!!!

:wave: I'm a cheater!! I save my scraps but I rarely use them. :rolleyes1

Sorry for calling you out, Jennifer! Haha - it's the thought that counts, right AWM?

These sound great!!! The wheels are already turning!! I like the idea of the specialty papers groups!! I am in love with Basic Grey AND My Mind's Eye!!!!

Me too! I hoard Laundry Line like nobody's business.

I can just refuse to let you sign up for the specialty groups.... hahaha. And that's so exciting!

I'm a cheater too :blush: I'd be up for this - I love the colour swap, it makes pages come together so quickly but they look as good as if you'd spent days, no doubt because someone already has:thumbsup2

I love the extra time as I'll probably have to use surface mail the way things are looking:headache:

ETA - elements only - i love pages but I'm not disciplined enough to take only one or two photos most of the time. And I prefer one photomat if I'm using my stash, as otherwise I run out and can't get every element ot match but I could always splash out and BUY some stuff!!

I'm in for elements. The group choices you have look great! I'm doing the ABC swap too, so I'm not signing up for a lot-probably the color combo group and the boys & girls themed groups.

Ooooh - I haven't done the color swap here before, but I've seen some of the fabulous results - I'm in!!! The dates are good with me - I'll have lots more time after school is out to work on some things. I usually stick with elements (although I will need to challenge myself to do pages at some point). Looking forward to it!!

PS. AWM - I'm vertical-challenged as well. I hate it when there's a really nice frame that can't be turned sideways or the photo collage frames that mix vertical & horizontal openings. Then, I have to either hunt down a vertical pic or go take one purposely.

I'm the odd ball. I would say 70% of my photos are vertical. I have to force myself to take some the other way.

;) Yup.

I do think about you when I make my mats though. I try to make them so they could vertical or horizontal when placing embellishments. :lovestruc

Would pattern paper elements group be for Disney themed paper? Or is there going to be a specialty group for just Disney themed paper? Thanks for answering the question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter