Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Passed ROFR: 11/27
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Closing docs received via email finally today! Going to be sent out tonight....now lets see how fast the seller returns his.

Yay! I just sent back my closing docs today too. Fingers crossed we both close soon :-D

Home: VGF
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/12
Offer accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/13
Closing docs received:12/20
Closing docs returned:12/20
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Closing docs received via email finally today! Going to be sent out tonight....now lets see how fast the seller returns his.
Congrats glad it came through for you and momtwoboys. I’m still waiting. Rofr passed sept and nov. neither has come through. With it being this close to Xmas I think the title office is closed so likely no progress. Hoping to book sept 18 holiday in Aulani hopefully will still be available.

Congrats glad it came through for you and momtwoboys. I’m still waiting. Rofr passed sept and nov. neither has come through. With it being this close to Xmas I think the title office is closed so likely no progress. Hoping to book sept 18 holiday in Aulani hopefully will still be available.
what is the reason you are waiting that long?? Someone has to know something?

what is the reason you are waiting that long?? Someone has to know something?

I haven’t been checking in enough and I think it’s just been left at the bottom of the pile. I’ll keep pushing them after Christmas though can’t really let it go into February or I’ll be in the 7 month window.

Update if you guys were interested!

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 11/23
Offer accepted: 11/23 but paperwork sent 11/27 (due to holidays)
Sent to ROFR: 12/1
Passed ROFR: 12/13
Closing docs received: 12/22
Closing docs returned: 12/22 (plan on sending it back today if I can, but it's the last Friday before Christmas!)
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

We received our closing documents last Thursday (12/21). It was three weeks from passing ROFR, but that included Thanksgiving. I didn’t think it was an unreasonable timeframe. BUT after reading about the experiences of others here, I did email my broker on Thursday morning to inquire. Was it coincidence that I received closing documents that afternoon? Maybe. We expect to send our closing documents today.

Update!! Edited to add: And we likely won't be able to send these documents back for at least another week. We have to get notarization from US consulate so we booked an appointment online to go to the consulate January 5th.

Home: AUL
Offer made: 11/13
Offer countered & accepted: 11/13
Sent to ROFR: 11/20
Closing docs received: 12/27 (they were shipped 12/21. This title company doesn't email closing docs, sends them FedEx from Honolulu. Both Christmas and Boxing Day are holidays here in Canada, so a bit delayed receiving).
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

Last edited:
So excited to leave the ROFR thread for the Estoppel thread!!

Home: SSR
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 12/11
Offer accepted: 12/12
Sent to ROFR: 12/13
Passed ROFR: 12/27
Closing docs received:
Closing docs returned:
Closing:
Deed Recorded:
Points in my account:

Waiting that long would have pushed me over the edge. You are more patient than I am! My closing docs were sent in last week and I emailed the title company to see if the seller has mailed their docs back yet and they said "not yet". I suspected this was going to take awhile given my experience with the seller so far. Why sell your contract if you are not motivated? These people drive me crazy. In some ways I think it is deliberate so I cannot rent out points that are set to expire on March 31, 2018 and cannot be banked as they are already banked points.

Frustrating....hopefully karma will come back on them. In the meantime....we wait!

Waiting that long would have pushed me over the edge. You are more patient than I am! My closing docs were sent in last week and I emailed the title company to see if the seller has mailed their docs back yet and they said "not yet". I suspected this was going to take awhile given my experience with the seller so far. Why sell your contract if you are not motivated? These people drive me crazy. In some ways I think it is deliberate so I cannot rent out points that are set to expire on March 31, 2018 and cannot be banked as they are already banked points.

Frustrating....hopefully karma will come back on them. In the meantime....we wait!

I’m also waiting on the sellers for my BWV contract to return their closing documents. We got them a little over a week ago.

I know they may have been slowed by the holiday, but I need this one to close so I can book my 2018 trip :-)

I’m also waiting on the sellers for my BWV contract to return their closing documents. We got them a little over a week ago.

I know they may have been slowed by the holiday, but I need this one to close so I can book my 2018 trip :-)
I feel your pain....to make matters worse, the title company put on the closing documents that they must be returned signed by January 31, 2018. This for documents we received on 12/20/17....now that seems excessive. Talk about enabling a slow seller to continue stalling the process. For what it's worth I have NOT been impressed by Magic Vacation Title at all. Between the slow or no responses to my emails unless I copy the broker, to continued failed promises and delays, if I am in the same boat in the future I will ask for another title company.

For what it's worth I have NOT been impressed by Magic Vacation Title at all. Between the slow or no responses to my emails unless I copy the broker, to continued failed promises and delays, if I am in the same boat in the future I will ask for another title company.

I have no comparison, but Jeffrey C. Sweet has been really great as a title company for my two resales. Their turnaround times have been quick and they always answer my emails in an hour or so.

I have no comparison, but Jeffrey C. Sweet has been really great as a title company for my two resales. Their turnaround times have been quick and they always answer my emails in an hour or so.
I'd agree with that. I worked through his office earlier this year on a contract that I made a bid on buying directly through the seller and they were super responsive and professional. Unfortunately Disney exercised ROFR on that contract and my money was refunded...even that though was super quick with Jeffrey Sweet.

WOOT!!! We're closed! I updated my original post, but included below.

Excited to be posting here!

Home: BCV
Title Company: First American Title
Offer made: 11/14
Offer accepted: 11/14
Sent to ROFR: 11/15
Closing docs received: 12/21
Closing docs returned: 12/27
Closing: 12/29
Deed recorded: 01/02
Points in my account:

Last edited:
Congrats!!!! I got my closing docs for the BWV contract on the 19th, but still waiting for the sellers to sign the closing docs :-( I know they may be delayed by the holiday, but was hoping to close by the end of the year!
It's a conspiracy! Sellers are dragging their feet to make us all crazy! The wait continues for me too!

I've been away from the boards for the Holidays, but here is another data point. Doing this over the Holidays has stretched things out a tad as the sellers were traveling for Thanksgiving and we were over Christmas and New Years.

Home: BCV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 11/21
Offer accepted: 11/21
Sent to ROFR: 11/30 (Thanksgiving and slight seller delay)
Passed ROFR: 12/12
Closing docs received: 12/29
Closing docs returned: 1/2 (sellers have already arrived)
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter