mla1977

I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest o
General Disney Newbie Swap
Elements Swap

SIGNUPS
Newbies: April 9, 10am
Everyone else: April 12, 10am

Due Date: June 4, 2010.
This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is May 26, 2010 to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be: TBD, but will will follow this format:

April 18 Verify groups and pm info to me
April 23 Status update
April 30 Last call for angels
May 5 Status update
May 14 Let me know when you expect to be mailing
May 26 Mail date
June 4 Due date

Requirements: 2 elements from the list below

Groups:

A - Magic Kingdom
B - Epcot
C - Hollywood Studios
D - Animal Kingdom

You can select your ride, show, attraction, other entertainment or a general park spot.

Each group will be limited to 4 members and each new swapper will be limited to 2 groups.

1. Choose your group. I will open additional groups if the initial one fills. (If group A fills, I will open group A1 with the same choices). If you have a request for a spot in a group that hasn’t opened yet, please list it. I will fill the groups in the order you post.
2. PM me with your DIS name, name, home address, email, and phone number - these will only be used to follow up if I have not heard from you.
3. Post your status on the progress thread at least every 2 weeks. Check in dates will be listed.
4. Packing/Mailing Instructions: use a Ziploc for each person and put everything for that person into their bag. Please label on the outside of each bag. Include your name, DISname and group number. You’ll have 4 bags to enclose in the larger (gallon size) Ziploc bag for each group you are in. Include your return postage, please. If you want delivery confirmation, don't forget to send in the extra money for that as well as a completed slip. Please write your DISname on the outside of your package. Please include an address label for your return package if you have one.

Label bags like this:

mla1977
Megan Annunziata
Newbie swap/Group A

Do not individually address the bags -- it is easier to swap out without names on the bags.

5. Do not send click-it/ship-it postage.
6. PM me if you have problems and need to drop out or if an emergency happens (we all know things happen beyond our control sometimes), let me know so we can make arrangements for an angel or other help if needed.

Element List

Here are the elements to choose from (if you have another idea for an element, let me know and I will add it). If you have questions about any of these elements, you can look at the swap glossary link at the top of the swaps board, the swap photo gallery link at the top of the swaps board, or PM me.

Please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc. Embellished means using brads, eyelets, charms, ribbon, 3D stickers (matted stickers are ok, too), clip art, glitter/embossed/shiny/shimmer paper, inking, tearing, embossing (dry & heat), or extra layer of any paper. All elements should be double-matted and embellished in some other way unless otherwise noted. If you don’t know if yours is okay, ask me.

~~~~Element List ~~~~~

* Title/Topper: 1PP letters – 1-1/2 inches minimum, standard 8x2 topper, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes –these should be double matted or shadowed -embellished
* Photo Frames: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo & the Sizzix dies are ok (you need to crop a bit from the photo to use these.) Two layers on the frame would make the photo seem double matted - embellished
* Photo Mats: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure the embellishment does not infringe upon the placing of the photo - embellished
* Journaling Box: 2PP at least a 3x3 writing area, matted and embellished
* Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished in another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both.
* Borders (a pair): 1setPP 12 inches long double matted and embellished
* Embellished squares: 4PP largest mat should be no larger than 2" minimum 2 layers
* Journaling Box n Tag: 1PP one journal box with matching tag (see details above) both embellished
* File Folder, Journal box or Tag (medium sized) & 2 Embellished Shapes: 1-1/2x1-1/2 or larger if you wish, double matted and embellished. These can be circles, squares, flowers, etc. be creative. If it is a shape that would not look right double matted please use your best judgment.....Just make up for it in another way. Maybe make a few extra or throw in something extra.
* Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
* Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini sized, embellished. Please make sure to enclose a blank page inside.
* Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished - should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
* Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
* Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please
* License Plate: 1PP be creative please
* Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
* Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished, print area should be no smaller than 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, can be larger
* Altered CD cover: 1PP be creative please
* Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches and embellished
* Altered Paper Clips: 2 Jumbo 3 large size ones
* ATC: Embellished 3 times

You can mix & match the elements: 1 journal box and 1 tag = 1 element, 1 photo mat & 2 squares = 1 element etc.

If you have another idea, near clarification or if I have written something that just doesn't make any sense, please post or PM to let me know!

Groups:

A - Magic Kingdom
1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - Mad Tea Party
2. PrincessNancy96 - Adventureland (*angel*)
3. mla1977 - Main Street USA

B - Epcot
1. hffmnheidi - The Living Seas
2. acsprack86 - World Showcase
3. icesk8abc - Soarin'

C - Hollywood Studios
1. acsprack86 - Toy Story
2. sanapp - Beauty and the Beast
3. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - Frontierland

D - Animal Kingdom
1. hffmnheidi - TDB
2. icesk8abc - Dinoland
3. sanapp - Africa

Make 3 sets for your group.

:woohoo: has returned to owner!!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS - :woohoo:
hffmnheidi - :woohoo:
icesk8abc - mailed back
sanapp - :woohoo:
PrincessNancy96 - :woohoo:
mla1977 :woohoo:

Looks great!!!
For clarification.. you are opening this to newbies first and than will open it up after so many days to veteran swappers to close the groups?

Thanks for hosting.. if you need anything, please let me, Rebecca or Buffy know..

Nan

Correct Nan! I should have clarified that. This will be opened up to all swappers after a few days. Tonight I will look at my calendar and post exact dates for everyone.

I added the dates! I hope to see some Newbies join us!

Hi!!! I am doing the DHS swap...that's my first. Can I still do this swap? And, would it be possible to add in a Downtown Disney group? I know you also listed that you could join two groups tops...does that change as you add groups or it 2 it? Last question...when you say showing pictures of your work is mandatory...do you mean examples of pages you have scrapped or your items as you complete them for this swap?

Thanks!!!

Erin

Erin - You can still do this as a newbie. If there is enough interest in DTD, then I can add it.

tinkerbell198530 - If you are interested, you can do both.

Newbies are only allowed to participate in 2 groups in this swap. Since the pieces that come out of the swaps on the Disboards are such high quality, newbies are limited in the early swaps so that they don't get overwhelmed (even if you have done other swaps).

I'll add "subgroups" if there is enough interest. My plan is to add additional MK, Epcot, DHS, and AK groups as needed, and I will add a DTD group if at least 4 people request it.

Erin - You can still do this as a newbie. If there is enough interest in DTD, then I can add it.

tinkerbell198530 - If you are interested, you can do both.

Newbies are only allowed to participate in 2 groups in this swap. Since the pieces that come out of the swaps on the Disboards are such high quality, newbies are limited in the early swaps so that they don't get overwhelmed (even if you have done other swaps).

I'll add "subgroups" if there is enough interest. My plan is to add additional MK, Epcot, DHS, and AK groups as needed, and I will add a DTD group if at least 4 people request it.

Not sure if that is a good idea considering this is my first one

princess:I've done swaps on other boards, but never this one. I won't be available on April 9th-can I sign up now? I'd like Group Magic Kingdom for a general spot.

This is the best one to get your feet wet with...and if you would like a mentor, I'd be happy to be that for you...as would many of the other ladies!! :)

Thanks so just tell me what group you are joining and I will jump in with you, but you will have to take me step by step cuse I am still a little confused

Thanks so just tell me what group you are joining and I will jump in with you, but you will have to take me step by step cuse I am still a little confused

I can't join in until all the newbies have spots..but you pick a spot...and I will talk you through it and help in anyway... you just decide what you want to do and will do it together... :) I have no problem helping you and getting your feet wet and room to grow! ;) You'll do fine!!!!

I can't join in until all the newbies have spots..but you pick a spot...and I will talk you through it and help in anyway... you just decide what you want to do and will do it together... :) I have no problem helping you and getting your feet wet and room to grow! ;) You'll do fine!!!!

Thanks I was thinking about Disney Hollywood studios seens I might go there for my b-day, and if you look at my ticker you will see about the time I am going so I am not sure if I can make the deadline or not

Thanks I was thinking about Disney Hollywood studios seens I might go there for my b-day, and if you look at my ticker you will see about the time I am going so I am not sure if I can make the deadline or not

I think it's do-able... ;) You can mail it out before you leave... PM me some of your ideas and we can talk through it before sign ups begin...
You can also look through some of the older DHS swaps, I'll post the links, and get some ideas of geneal themes.. :)

I think it's do-able... ;) You can mail it out before you leave... PM me some of your ideas and we can talk through it before sign ups begin...
You can also look through some of the older DHS swaps, I'll post the links, and get some ideas of geneal themes.. :)

That sounds gret thanks

That sounds gret thanks

Here is a link to a DHS swap, go down thru the end of post one.. click on the photo and a slide show will pop up to give you some inspiration! :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2026411

Here is a newbie MGM (we can change to DHS) swap that was hosted on here.. this link will take you to the photos... in this swap it was 1 element to be completed where as this swap will have 2 elements we need to complete..

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o248/NewEnglandEeyore/swaps/Newbie MGM Swap/

Thanks Nancy!

tinkerbell198530 - you can always send your items early. I recommend sending them as soon as they are completed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter