COMPLETE Super Sports & More Elements

I've really enjoyed seeing how some of you are using stamps - they look amazing!

Now, whenever I try to stamp something it seems "blotchy" - too much ink in some areas and not enough in others. So do you all use better products? Is it practice makes perfect? Or am I an incompetent?

I learned to flock from a swap, maybe we need a swap where all items must be stamped!

Mine are often variable - I usually stamp several on cardstock then cut out the best ones. I find it helps having something softish under the card (like the packing material or a pad of dishcloth)

Mine are never never perfect. To be honest, I like the "shabby" look of these images, because it fit the paper. I could drive myself mental trying to get them to look just right ;)

Thanks everyone!!!

Great job on your sets MM! I also really like your kitty. She looks a bit like my Nigel. I think Nigel may be a bit fluffier though. I guess you'll have to get a new mat since your kitty has adopted it!!!!:rotfl:

My girl Buttercup is very fluffy - she is a Maine Coon, so she has the long fur. But I try to keep her trim and thin - and she is currently losing her winter coat, so she looks thinner than usual right now. She goes through periods of finding new places to sleep - today she gave up on the mat :-)cool1:) and is laying on my jeans that I wore yesterday. :confused3

I've really enjoyed seeing how some of you are using stamps - they look amazing!

Now, whenever I try to stamp something it seems "blotchy" - too much ink in some areas and not enough in others. So do you all use better products? Is it practice makes perfect? Or am I an incompetent?

I learned to flock from a swap, maybe we need a swap where all items must be stamped!

Stamping depends on your stamps and your inks AND on your surface - both on the paper itself and what is under the paper. I find rubber stamps are still the best for sharpness. A lot of clear stamps give blotchy appearances because of the ink and the surface of the clear stamp is too slick. I use mostly pigment inks - with my heat gun to dry faster. And if the ink is beading on the clear stamp, I lightly sand it to scuff the surface some. And they say that you should actually use a stamping pad (or some light-weight foam material) under your paper to give slight resistance to the force of stamping. Real stampers also stand when they stamp. :lmao: I'm too lazy to be real, I sit and stamp!!! :rotfl:

I know if we had a swap where you had to use stamps, Michi Belle would be the first one to sign up, she is a stamper first and scrapper second. She adores stamps - but has mostly rubber stamps. She even teaches at her local stamp store. I have tons of clear stamps and would sign up for things too. But I definitely wouldn't be on par with her work.

And Tigger1221 and Morganmom, love the pieces. I have the LAB cart, but haven't played with it yet - great to see what you did with it, Tigger. And Morgansmom, the gymnastic set is really stunning - love the color combo.

I know if we had a swap where you had to use stamps, Michi Belle would be the first one to sign up, she is a stamper first and scrapper second. She adores stamps - but has mostly rubber stamps. She even teaches at her local stamp store. I have tons of clear stamps and would sign up for things too. But I definitely wouldn't be on par with her work.

I know what you mean about her work, I received her Belle in the character swap and my daughter, who just did her first swap, looked at it and said "that is so much work, she did a fabulous job" And I saw the stamp in our store later in the week, and knew if I got it that the final product would look like a preschooler did it!

But thanks to all of you for the technique tips - I never would have thought to have a softer surface. I have a pile of stamps that I don't use (nice Christmas gifts to me and my girls) that I will take out and play with. Maybe I'll surprise myself and make a cool stamped item for the Surprise Swap!

MM- I love your pieces. I have a Maine Coon too and she loves the camera.

Thanks for all the compliments. Mine are on there way, priority with DC.

I have not gone postal :sad2: We ran into a few life snags. but it will go out tomorrow am at the latest. Priority with DC as always. it will make it there by the due date.

If everyone could please let me know for sure when they go postal, that would be great.

I've looked inside the boxes/packages

123SA, PirateTink, MickeyTeacher and estherhead - all your things look great! Even better in person than in the photos and they were pretty cool in the photos.

hiclarke and Momto2Princesses - your items are here. That Wii is even cuter in person. Thank you so much for a set!!! I have pictures I need to print out to use it. :lovestruc

All the items look great! You all are really going to like these in person.

I got tied up at the School Carnival and didn't leave before the PO closed today. I am so sorry. I will post DC after I leave PO Monday

Mine are in the mail! I mailed with the Tag Book swap. You should get it by Tuesday/Wednesday. If you need the DC, let me know. Thanks!

Mine are done, mailing tomorrow, priority.

SportsSwap005.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter