Connections Membership

Once you have purchased the voucher from Connections you do not pay any additional money for your meal (unless you were to order an alcoholic beverage). If you paid $10.50 for a Quick & Casual Voucher, you have paid for that meal in full, even if the total on the tab comes to $18.00. You just have to make certain that you use the vouchers you purchased at the correct restaurants at the correct time of day. Hope that helps.

Thanks PNO4TE that makes more since to me now. Looks like I will be buying some vouchers prior to our trip in January.

Thanks everyone for answering my question. It seems like a good discussion was generated. I think that I will order the tickets for my trip in January and then cancel the membership. Thanks again to all you Disney veterans for helping us newcombers!!!

Hi Dreamflight!!!

Let me see if I can answer some of your question... if I forget something, please tell me!!!

Anyways... About the meal vouchers, they ALL include tax and tip.... Once you pay for your voucher, you pay NOTHING more for your meal.... Our meals at Pepper Market all were between 50 and 63.00... all we handed them were two vouchers that cost 10.50 each.... so ultimately, the 50 to 63.00 meal cost us 21.00... tax and tip were included...... Like I said before the vouchers aren't a good deal everywhere... you need to do some research over at www.wdwig.com under the menu's section....

About the Orlando Entertainment guide... I bought it three years in a row, and never used it... We just don't go off property enough to make use of the discounts.... There used to be some discounts for the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, but the third year we purchased, there were none... so now we just don't buy it... although you can buy it for your own city & use the Car Rental coupons while you are at Disney.....

To check out the discounts for the Disney Club card, I think you can go to www.wdwig.com & there are some listings there, or you can try to login to the Disney Club website... It wouldn't let me login, and I never went to figure out why.... It can give you a small discount (10-20%) on the on-site resorts, as well as a 10% discount at the Disney Store, it can also entitle you to a free dessert or kids meal at some locations...

We like to get Annual Passes ourselves... we just do the four major themeparks... The annual pass also gets substantial discounts off the on-site resorts... like 35-40%... the discounts, if there are any are usually announced about 4 months prior to your dates.... Also, the AAA card also gets some discounts on the hotel, equal to the Disney Club actually.... Also with the annual passes, we activate them the first year & then go back in 11 months & don't have to pay for park passes again... makes it more affordable....

I think that's everything, glad to help!

Are the 10.50 vouchers to be used only for lunch. If so do they sell dinner vouchers. And 1 voucher per person per meal, right.(4-adults=4 vouchers). Also I think I read that the current vouhers have an expiration date of May 2002. Does anyone know when the later expiration dates are coming out. If we don't go down til July 2002, then these current vouchers are no good for us. This is so confusing for me,that I'm sure you are all wondering if I can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Hi DG39,

The 10.50 vouchers are good for either lunch OR dinner... The 29.00 voucher is ONLY good for LUNCH... As for how many vouchers, if each member of your family is going to eat an entree themselves (with drink & dessert), then you would want to get a voucher for each person... Just take a look at the menus on wdwig.com to see which restaurants make sense for you! I think you'll just have to keep watching the boards for the expiration date information... you are right, currently the vouchers have a May 2002 expiration date

Hi Mary,

I just took another look at your website... you might want to indicate that gratuity is also included for the Quick and Casual Lunch/Dinner vouchers... I just dragged out the vouchers to double check!

We used both Quick and Casual and the lunch vouchers (the 29$ ones) when we were there in August. Tusker House was also a good deal for us. We used the more expensive vouchers at Chefs de France and my younger son and I split the meal, it wasnt a problem, no funny looks. The waiter brought an extra plate for Nick when the food came. It was way too much food for either one of us alone. My older son had NO problem finishing all the food. They worked great for my older son who likes dessert at any meal, neither my younger son or I eat that much at one meal. I would buy a few again for DS #1 to use, maybe a few more if DS #2 is into that big time teenage boy eatiing thing by then.

Mary, Glad to help!!!! It made a really big difference to us, since we were staying at Coronado & the Pepper Market charges a 10% gratuity! These 10.50 vouchers were excellent there, some of our entrees alone were 18.00!!! (Course that was our one big meal of the day!!)

Thanks chris! I am thrilled with the enormous amount of info, support and kindness exhibited on these boards...keep up the great work! :p

Yes! You certainly covered all the bases here...and explained it all in detail. I appreciate your expertise and knowledge. I regret purchasing the Orlando ent. book, and it hasn't even arrived yet! Perhaps they'll permit me to exchange it for a local version. I was told it had some coupons to the downtown area restaurants, etc.-but the site was vague at best. I would use the rental car coupons, as we always use national for a day or two while on property. Other than that, we ususally dine on property...so the coupons in the book are futile.

I agree with you about the DC benefits...and have not been able to use my card since I paid for it. I think I used it more, when it was the MKC. I wonder if AAA offers any discounts on tickets, passes? I'm just trying to make sense of the $39.00 annual fee, if I can't recoup the cost...it's not worth renewing. A couple in WDW told us they went to a local Sheriff Office and obtained Florida Photo I.D. cards(?), and used these to purchase the "Florida Residence" Rate Annual Passes!? Has anyone ever heard of this before? I'm too fearful to try this stunt to save a few $$...knowing our luck, we would be interrogated, asked for license-address-etc., and then thrown in the "Mickey" Jail for an eternity. It doesn't seem feasible...that is why I don't believe EVERYTHING I hear!!:smooth:

We have learned much of our traveling skills (not many-haha) by "trial and error". We used to buy the length-of-stay passes, and soon realized we were paying more than the annual pass price! We purchased the annual pass, but then wanted to visit the water parks. So, we purchased the premium annual passes, and do exactly as you do--we return within the 12 month pass life. We travel late July to August the first year, and return Late June to July the second. It saves a bundle on pass expenses!(as you know!). I cringe to think of all the $$ I threw away before knowing this secret. If a guest stays for at least one week or more, and expects to return again the following year, they should buy the pass-instead of the tickets.
This year was the BEST year yet for the premium annual passholder, as they included DISNEY QUEST in the benefits! We visited the DQ location 5 times, and had a blast (when it's not too crowded).

I do know the Orlando Entertainment book has a coupon for 50% off at the Dolphin/Swan hotels-valid through next summer! This offer is good for all rooms, even suites. I called to see if it was truly available, just asking for the "Entertainment rate"-and was amazed at the savings! I have been unable to secure the savings offered to the DC holders, as the times/dates do not coincide with our visit.

The vouchers seem like a great deal, and certainly are worth purchasing and trying at the locations offered. I used the link you gave, and found it very helpful. I am open to "anything" which saves a little $ at WDW. I wish Disney would offer a coupon book, with some % off of the hotels, etc.,and some buy-one get one-free offers for dining! I would pay $35 for that book!

I would like to stay at the Contemporary, and would love to hear of any discounts, etc. for this property. I also love Disney's Vero Beach. I would love to visit again, (yes-we've stayed twice now, and loved it), and have heard of a DVC timeshare offer (if you endure the 90 min. presentation) of 99$ per eve (for four eves). Has anyone heard of this? We stayed at DVB this summer, and went on the tour. We were told if we didn't buy into the DVC, we would not be able to stay at Vero Beach much longer, as all the property would be fully sold-out to DVC members. I felt a bit pressured, but decided it was not worth the investment at this time, (besides, I was ON vacation-and didn't feellike dealing with REAL WORLD issues...like real estate!). Also, even though I LOVE Vero, we were cleared from the water on 3 occasions due to sharks, and the mosquitos are very thick/hearty everywhere (even in our villa). We used the birnbaum's discount of 25% while visiting, which was a substantial savings. Anyone know of any "better" savings/prices?

Thanks again, for all the wonderful help with my questions! This site is the BEST for Disney insider info, and I feel after more than a decade of Disney traveling...I'm just catching-up! Our family discusses other locations for possible summer trips...but year after year...we end up at WDW (and wouldn't have it any other way)!! Our friends, neighbors and family do NOT understand the attraction-and if they "don't get it"...I'm not going to enlighten them!! The magic HAS to be inside already...which is why all of us here--"Gets IT"!! Always...:jester:

P.S. Sorry about the length of this....:bounce: :D :pinkbounc

Hi Dreamflight!!

Hey, one thing I noticed in your note.... Aren't you using your DC card when purchasing your annual passes? You should be, it's the only thing that makes purchasing the DC worthwhile!!

About the hotel discounts... Everytime you make a room reservation (since you have an annual pass), ask CRO for the annual passholder discount!!! It usually gives at least 35% off... which is a really good savings! That is also true for Vero Beach as well!!!! Speaking of Vero Beach, we are DVC Members... we like to stay onsite, so we own at both Boardwalk and Old Key West.... If you need DVC info, just ask... anyways, we can use our points to stay at Vero if we ever get around to saving a few days to go down! We keep saying we will, but we haven't yet! That's the nice thing about DVC, we can stay at any of the DVC resorts, based on availability... Anyways, so for your hotel, you should be asking for the Annual Passholders discount!!! (the AAA card by the way doesn't offer discounts on the annual passes)

I know what you are talking about regarding the temporary Florida resident license... Getting one is completely legal, but a year ago or so, it was reported that Disney had REALLY cracked down on allowing these as proof of residency... As such, we never attempted it......

Oh, I almost forgot... in regards to the Swan/Dolphin, if you call the hotel directly, they do have the annual passholders rate as well, which I think is 50%... you might want to check the Swan/Dolphin info over on the resorts board....

About that book you'd like from Disney LOL... I would DEFINITELY buy that book for 35.00!!! What a steal that would be... but I'm not counting on it... they like to give you the least bit for your money, cause they know you'll spend it anyways!!! What a Disney fool I am huh? We often talk about other places we might vacation... then you know where we wind up! Back at Disney LOL......

I've always been very thrifty, it only took me about 4 or 5 years to figure the whole Disney thing out as far as discounts, but believe me, we still spend our fair share! DVC helps a lot in that regard though.... at least we aren't paying rack rate & we always stay in a 1 bedroom villa... they are like heaven!!!

Well, if I forgot anything, just ask! Good to meet another Disneyite!!!

Dreamflight,

You would be able to get the discount on the Swan/Dolphin Hotels with any Ent. Book. We have the CT one and you get the discount with the card that they give you not a coupon. If you are able to exchange the Orlando book with your local one it would be much more beneficial. We use ours all of the time. The hotel and rental car discounts are the same for all of the books. The local restaurants and stores are the only differnce between the books. Once you have a book you can also register online as a member and receive online coupons and discounts from all regions. I think that you would use the local book more often.

Thanks...to Aquagirl: I had no idea the card with the ent. books could be used in other states? I will ask them to exchange it for a local book and follow your advice.:p

Hi Chris1gill! I am using the DC for the disc. annual passes...but wish there were more! Perhaps I'll only buy the card every other year, like the passes...and save some $$$:D !
I love VERO...and have stayed there twice now. In 2000 5 nights(1=inn room, 4=1 br. villa #1415), and 2001-this past July...for 10 nights...in a 1 br. villa # 1515! We could have placed a down payment in the DVC for the cost...but it was wonderful fun! My daughter loves the turtle walk on the beack, and we love the laid-back atmosphere.

This summer, 2002, we're planning a 4-night visit prior to the "7-night Western C. Cruise" on the Magic. We finally booked the cruise after talking about it for the past three years! We took the Big Red Boat (remember...the old Disney Cruise?:rolleyes: ) in '92, --which I'm sure is nothing like this cruise! We are paying about double the cost of the May/Aug cruise...but can not travel then due to school! It helps to know others are paying a prem. too...misery loves company!:jester: I have heard I should have booked an inside room and requested a complimentary "upgrade", instead of the cabin/veranda I booked. Any truth here?

We are going to the portofino (can I say that on this site?) for two eves. We stayed there this year in a kids suite, with the best bene being the use of thne room card for VIP access to the rides! Absolutely ZERO wait on any attraction! Worth every penny! Wish Disney would do something similar for on-prop guests! I know they do the early entry...and the fast pass(available to everyone)...but it would be nice if they offered VIP access for on-prop guests until noon!LOL

Thanks...for all the insight. I'll call the hotels and ask for the A.P.Discount...I heard the Contemp. offers gov't rates? Any help here is appreciated. Now, time to go and count my pennies...as I save all year to "spend" at Disney!! :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :sunny: :wave: TTFN

didn't mean to show so much excitement but as a single mom w/ two kids if i can save any more money please don't shot me for it... I have purchased the AP's for room discounts and i have also purchased the Disney Club card and those two alone have saved me tons of $$ on this trip and i have gotten a great deal on airfares... But Food seems to be the next biggest expense next to our hotel. I don't think if i buy the membership for $80 i will even break even with the discount saved, as it will be just for my meals (the kids i will have to pay for) We plan to do mostly counter and food court purchases.. I Didn't mean to offend anyone just want to get the most for my buck and have the best vacation possible without going too much in debt
From looking over most of the menus it would only save me about $3.00 each time i used one
so on a 14 day trip that is only $42 and not enough to pay back the org. $80 membership. and for the $42 i don't think i will get the vouchers anyway. but i certainatly was a nice thougt
while it lasted. i think we will be better off just eating twice a day with a few snacks in between. Thanks Michelle

Hey Dreamflight!! You must really like Vero!!! That's great... I've only seen pictures, but it does look quite nice!!! definitely use your AP to get an AP discount!!

I can't really help you on the Disney Cruise..... Cruising isn't our thing, even if it is Disney! The last boat I got on, I got SICK.... won't do that again LOL....

Michelle, You are right, the vouchers only make sense if you are going to actually save money, and there are definitely a lot of counter service restaurants, where you'd lose money or break even... But in our case... we came out WAY WAY AHEAD!!

To find info on the restaurants, go over to Mary's site www.mousesavers.com & check the participating restaurants.. then go over to www.wdwig.com & check out the menu pricing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter