Considering CFW, first time buyer

I know I would be interested, first week of December is impossible at CCV!
While I always have had luck to book it the first and second week, I'd throw all my money to a resale contract with one of those weeks guaranteed lol

If Poly 2 is same association as Poly 1 and there are no changes with a trust and no resale restrictions, I wonder if it is worth waiting to see how Cabins sell until Poly2 opens. Just reading the boards, there seems to be a lot of interest in Poly2 (myself included). They may need to discount cabin points in order to sell them once Poly2 opens. Does anyone think there may be a better deal then? (New to DVC so not sure how discounts have been historically).

They may need to discount cabin points in order to sell them once Poly2 opens
They won’t need too. There are so few points at this resort that they will sell when they sell. Aulani has needed heavy discounts for a long time, tons of points with high dues, but here they are still selling Aulani. Waiting on Poly is a personal preference. If you want in at the cabins during peak season then you will have to own here. Same goes for Poly tower, regardless of association.
With that being said, I think the cabins will be dirt, dirt cheap on the resale market in a couple of years so I will gladly wait and just own at the cabins via resale so those dues don’t sting as much. But that’s me.

If Poly 2 is same association as Poly 1 and there are no changes with a trust and no resale restrictions, I wonder if it is worth waiting to see how Cabins sell until Poly2 opens. Just reading the boards, there seems to be a lot of interest in Poly2 (myself included). They may need to discount cabin points in order to sell them once Poly2 opens. Does anyone think there may be a better deal then? (New to DVC so not sure how discounts have been historically).
I have wondered about this. Is there any history of later purchasers getting a "better deal" than early purchasers?

I have wondered about this. Is there any history of later purchasers getting a "better deal" than early purchasers?
It used to happen all the time that there were better offers after the initial sale. In more recent years it's generally been the initial offer that has been the best.

Typically no, but in recent years, there have been times when they added some things that made it a better deal. This summer, for example, with the MB program. It gave people a chance to get VGF for a good price.

If that had been in place during initial sales, those wouldl have been less, but it wasn't....so, selling back first year of points made the overall price attractive.

So next question. Is it typical that there are so many items on the cabins not released yet with sales happening in 10 days?

So next question. Is it typical that there are so many items on the cabins not released yet with sales happening in 10 days?

The price and incentives wont come out until day of sales. If you mean about the structure of the trust? I don't see that being anything discussed except with guides when people inquire about sales and then they share details of how it will work.

The price and incentives wont come out until day of sales. If you mean about the structure of the trust? I don't see that being anything discussed except with guides when people inquire about sales and then they share details of how it will work.
Will be very interesting to see the disclosures. . .

Will be very interesting to see the disclosures. . .
I know some people think they will add more details about trust when they sell Poly. But I think DVC could get sued for not being clear about the trust to Cabin buyers. I have to imagine if the trust is anything more than something needed for real estate law, they would announce by end of month or when pricing goes on sale.

I know some people think they will add more details about trust when they sell Poly. But I think DVC could get sued for not being clear about the trust to Cabin buyers. I have to imagine if the trust is anything more than something needed for real estate law, they would announce by end of month or when pricing goes on sale.

I think the Poly situation will give us more info on what DVd might be thinking.

But, they will disclose the information to buyers of CFW because the documents they owners will sign will include all of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter