CP Job Descriptions Thread

Thanks for the info but I have one more question. In order to join the cp do you have to take the classes? I read that you didn't have to but I want to make sure. Also I am majoring in english/journalism and minoring in drama/theatre, would I be able to take any type of class for those subjects. Do your majors determine your job?

Thanks for the info but I have one more question. In order to join the cp do you have to take the classes? I read that you didn't have to but I want to make sure. Also I am majoring in english/journalism and minoring in drama/theatre, would I be able to take any type of class for those subjects. Do your majors determine your job?

Your major generally has very little baring on your role. In some of the more limited roles (hospitality/BBB), an applicable major may help, but that aside, not so much.

Classes are not required on the program, but they are recommended. There is a special track of entertainment classes (Entertainment Professional Development Series) in the education program only open to those majoring in performing arts, theater or show production. More info on this PDS here. Note that these classes are not part of the series recommended for credit by the American Council on Education, but you may be able to obtain credit through your school via individual arrangements you setup.

I was already accepted for ATTRACTIONS. I emailed my preferences for which ATTRACTION I wanted to work at. They sent me a very nice reply email basically saying that they appreciate the input and they will take it into consideration. I know nothing is guaranteed, but what do you think my chances are of being assigned one of the roles I asked for?

I asked for Haunted Mansion, Splash Mtn, Pirates, RocknRoller Coaster, Tower of Terror or the Safari.

I know those are all probably the most requested rides, but what do you think?

has anyone actually had experience AS a performer? everyone on the DIS board always talks about how exciting it would be, but i've never read about anyone who has actually been one.

has anyone actually had experience AS a performer? everyone on the DIS board always talks about how exciting it would be, but i've never read about anyone who has actually been one.

I have never been it myself. But I have worked with the characters (as an attendant). And my friends have all be performers. And I hope to be myself (as soon as I pass the audition).

Two of my friends down there were "close friends" of Mickey and Goofy respectively. They spent a lot of time at Hollywood and Vine when that was open at the Studios.

I don't think they really talk about it because they aren't really suppose to! Its kind of one of those jobs that doesn't exist!! ;) But its an experience you really can't describe!!

Any Main Entrance Operations experiences? I have yet to hear experiences from someone in this role. All I know is you can either take tickets at the parks, greet people when they come in, work the toll booth, direct cars or sell tickets. With my luck, I'll be directing cars all day. :(

Sweet I got Bell Service Dispatch, anyone else ever done this?

I read a lot on Merch, QSFB and attractions but not so much on some of the others like jpod's role as Main entrance or mine. Thanks everyone! oh look first post too!

hi there - I worked in Entertainement for Fall Advantage. It was awesome. There was an audition close to my college and so I went and made it.

My hours varied by season - at first I did mostly morning shifts where I would have to be in pretty early (I think around 7am) and then when I started in parades my shift was late like 3:00pm - 11:30 or so. But never horribly late as you don't have to "close" anything up after the park closes. Pm me for more info if you want.

hi there - I worked in Entertainement for Fall Advantage. It was awesome. There was an audition close to my college and so I went and made it.

My hours varied by season - at first I did mostly morning shifts where I would have to be in pretty early (I think around 7am) and then when I started in parades my shift was late like 3:00pm - 11:30 or so. But never horribly late as you don't have to "close" anything up after the park closes. Pm me for more info if you want.

Wondering if you might be able to tell us if you were a face or furry character, and how much dance experience you have (since you got to be a parade performer--how exciting!)?

I was friends with the fur characters. I do have a lot of dance experience = it was my major in college BUT that doesn't mean that people with less dance experience won't get trained in parades. I have a height that covers LOTS of characters 5'2 and a half so I know that worked in my favor as well. If you have a height that is really needed you might get trained in parades if you have good coordination / ability to pick up simple dance routines. OH YEAH - if you go for an advantage program you are MUCH more likely to get trained in an extra - parade, show etc. because it is more worth their while to spend the time when you will be there for a longer time.

There were quite a few CP's that got to be face characters but I knew very few CP's that got to show their face and dance in the parades (unless you were a face character already) -it was a little more unusual when I went - but who knows could be different now. There are some entertainment CP's that never do anything but meet and greets and character meals etc and they warn you of this in your interview in case it would bug you.

Anyways - hope this helps. There were many people that got there and hated the job just as with everything else on the program. I tried to have a good attitude and really want to go back again to work someday if I can.

We are suppose to be really careful what we talk about so as not to ruin the magic. I try to not really tell people too much even now I just say "oh yeah I was a parade performer" but as this is a CP thread I felt it was okay to post. If you want even more specifics PM me.

I have a question about my role, FSF&B, i'm wondering what the hours are like. Do shifts usually go very late into the night?

I have a question about my role, FSF&B, i'm wondering what the hours are like. Do shifts usually go very late into the night?

It depends on where you work. AK will be done the earliest, MGM/Epcot are in the middle, and MK goes the latest. Plus, there is also resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter