CP Job Descriptions Thread

Can more people post a run-down of their position? :goodvibes

i will be working in attractions which to my knowledge is either a show or ride, hours also vary depending on the park , i would love to work at magic kingdom though no matter the hours and no matter the amount of guests each day. :yay:

i will be working in attractions which to my knowledge is either a show or ride, hours also vary depending on the park , i would love to work at magic kingdom though no matter the hours and no matter the amount of guests each day. :yay:

Congratulations! Thats so exciting! Let us know how it goes and what its like!

this is exactly what my folder says about main entrance operations:
working in one or more of the following areas: Parking, Park Greeter, Ticket Operations; staffing outdoor Toll Plaza areas; operating a large motorized parking tram and delivering narrations on a microphone; greeting all Guests who enter the park and validating their tickets; operating turnstile areas; selling various ticket media at our water parks, Downtown Disney, or Disney’s Wide World of Sports; using computerized registers; assisting with audience control, including during parades; cleaning main entrance areas; standing for extended periods of time; and working outdoors.

I worked at Epcot Futureworld North merchandise. The locations included Strollers, Giftstop/Package Pick-Up, Camera Center, Gateway Gifts, and Leave a Legacy (now closed, though). I almost always worked at Strollers, Giftstop a handful of times, Leave a Legacy once, and I never worked at CC or GG after my training days. I loved working at Strollers, most of the time. It could get a little scary when we ran out of strollers or ECVs (angry guests), but those experiences don't outweigh all the positives. I also became an Area Trainer at Strollers halfway through my program. I enjoyed it, plus it gave me a .75 pay raise whenever I trained someone.

Can someone tell me what "close friends" mean? I want to be a character (not a face one; a fur character like Meeko or Timon or something). Also, I'm sorta overweight and never took ANY dance classes...does this mean I basically have no chance at becoming a character? My height is 5'4".

Can someone tell me what "close friends" mean? I want to be a character (not a face one; a fur character like Meeko or Timon or something). Also, I'm sorta overweight and never took ANY dance classes...does this mean I basically have no chance at becoming a character? My height is 5'4".

"Close friends" means that you will be "assisting" a character on a certain day (for exampl, saying you are "close friends" with Chip and Dale means that you will be "assisting" them).

Not necessarily. I know people who don't dance that became performers. However, 5'4 is a very common height.

I was a Vacation Planner on my college program (Spring 2008). I sold tickets to the theme parks and water parks. I was primarily located at the Transportation and Ticket Center (Magic Kingdom Vacation Planning), but during my CP they began a pilot (test) program of rotating the CPs through all four theme parks. I had the property orientation for each park, and was able to work at all of them except Animal Kingdom.

The Vacation Planner involved a decent amount of sales (explaining to people that another day in the Disney parks would be much more fun than a day at SeaWorld or Universal). Additionally, I had to handle quite a bit of cash each day -- just think about it, tens of $75 one-day-one-park tickets adds up!

One great thing about being a Vacation Planner was the fairly consistent work schedule. I normally worked 8:30-2:30, and was frequently able to extend until we closed at 5 or 6. This allowed me to hang out with friends from work at night, as well as pick up hours through the Extra Hours Hotline... I ended up working 66.5 hours one week!

Has anyone done Outside Vending Food & Beverage? How was it did you like it? Can we use a calculater cause i aint to good with money? Ill be working at disneyland.

for vacation planner do you work alone in like a both or do you get to work with other vacation planners?

It can be both, from what I've seen.

The booths are not individual - there are spots for at least two people in each booth. For example, at MK there are six to a booth. For security reasons, they don't want people working alone like that.

The booths are not individual - there are spots for at least two people in each booth. For example, at MK there are six to a booth. For security reasons, they don't want people working alone like that.

They may not be individual, but I have seen people working in them alone.

I worked in Future World South Merchandise, Spring Advantage 06

This role included work in three areas:Club Cool, Pin Central, or Art of Disney.

Pin Central, for me, was the worst. You basically stand outside all day selling and trading pins. It got a little annoying and hot!

Club Cool was fun, the best of all three costumes. Basically there is a small amout of merchandise and beverages that you have to sell and assist guests.

My favorite was AOD. AOD involves selling really high end Disney art and Merchandise. Its amazing how much people will spend on Disney stuff. When I was there they had a couple FT working there so they didn't really give CP's hours in the store. Also because there is some selling involved, the managers tend to pick who they want to work in the store.

I picked up hours in a couple other merchandise areas including downtown Disney which was also very cool.

Overall it was a great experience and it looks great on my resume.

Has anyone done Outside Vending and Beverage Cashier? I've posted this question before but its not here anymore so i dont know what happened. I leave next saturday and would like to know more about it before i get there.

Has anyone done Outside Vending and Beverage Cashier? I've posted this question before but its not here anymore so i dont know what happened. I leave next saturday and would like to know more about it before i get there.

I've never done it but, its easy, they will have a palm pilot style POS to keep track of inventory and how much money was made, and also to help with change, etc you will have a walkie talkie to communicate to a stocker if you need more food/beverages... its pretty easy except you will be outside all day, pulling the cart to a specific location and staying there essentially, its not that difficult a job, I would think.

I did not do this, but had 2 friends that did this at the Studios. They loved it - said it was the best group of people to work with. I remember them also saying that they could pick up lots of extra hours because the position was basically the same in all parks. One got to work in all 4 parks during her time there by doing this. Said it was really neat to be able to work in all 4. HTH!!

Its been a while since this thread was posted on but I figured most of you will be in Orlando around this time in your CP positions and could give real time answers and advice.

I, of course, have a hundred million questions. Ready?

Attractions:
1) In a non-spiel attraction, how would you describe your daily routine? How often do you feel you are a greeter compared to working the console?

2)On the attractions description on the role checklist, it says attractions is also a "theatre" show. I'm thinking that means Its Tough to be a Bug and Philharmagic, or does that also apply to live shows like B&TB, FOTLK, and Nemo?

3) I've noticed some rides allow people in EVCs to ride if they can transfer into the ride car. Does this mean by themselves or do you usually lend a hand to help them in and out?

Hospitality:
1)How often do you deal with problematic guests completely on your own? Is it policy to always call on a manager to deal with the problem? Is it at your discretion to upgrade guests to better rooms if a problem arrises or will a manager do that?

2) What are the dispatch and telephone room positions? Are you always one thing or are these positions that everyone shuffles through throughout the week?

Character attendant:
1) Do you get trained on what to say to questions about why the characters can't talk, etc, or do you make it up as you go along?

2) The role checklist says attendants assist performers with putting on costumes? Does this happen often and can someone tell me what this means? Is it just zipping them up?

Costuming:
1) Can someone explain an average day or week in costuming? Is it mostly just laundry? Do you apply makeup or assist characters with putting on their costumes on a regular basis?

Entertainment:
1) Are the fur character costumes relatively heavy? Would you compare the weight to wearing a ski jacket, etc or something heavier?

Thanks!! I know its a lot but I've been thinking about each of these and I was just waiting until more people had a fresh idea of the roles.

Attractions:
1) In a non-spiel attraction, how would you describe your daily routine? How often do you feel you are a greeter compared to working the console?

2)On the attractions description on the role checklist, it says attractions is also a "theatre" show. I'm thinking that means Its Tough to be a Bug and Philharmagic, or does that also apply to live shows like B&TB, FOTLK, and Nemo?

3) I've noticed some rides allow people in EVCs to ride if they can transfer into the ride car. Does this mean by themselves or do you usually lend a hand to help them in and out?

1) I worked at Safaris, therefore spiel, and so I guess I can't answer that... The computers randomly assign your position though based on who needs a break (or bumping you through rotation you so someone goes on break).

2)It can be any of the shows, but you won't be in the show or anything. You would be a greeter, audience control, clean-up, etc. These are so called "house positions" with direct guest-contact.

3) You do NOT touch the guests. This is for liability. They must be able to transfer on their own or with the help of there family, be it from ECV or wheelchair, as needed. Some attractions(like Safaris) can accomodate wheelchairs, if unable to transfer, but not ECVs. You might be responsible for strapping in the chair in this case. This also for liability. The chair must be secure as the ride is quite bouncy and could be extremely dangerous if the chair wasn't secured correctly.

Hope this helps...if you have more questions, let me know.

And yes,...the costumes in entertainment are heavy! This is also true in costuming if you're assigned to launder the garments...you may get heavy loads to care for.

Good luck deciding on the correct roles for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter