Crazy Charges from the Disney Wish

Murphoid Mouse

Earning My Ears
So far I have gotten 3 Charges after disembarking from my October 7-10th cruise on the Disney Wish. Two in the 300 range and one in the 400 range. My party and I had about 10 mixed drinks, played one game of Bingo, and bought 1 stuffed animal, 1 massage and one shave. How could that possibly add up to 1000? We did have sit down breakfast and lunched instead of the buffet but those have always been included before.

So confused.

Contacted Customer Support and they are sending me a copy of my portfolio. Anyone else getting way higher than expected charges?

The Spa/Hair/Nail prices, based on my wife's experience on our Wish cruise, are ridiculous. Freaking mani cost almost $150. I wouldn't think 10 mixed drinks with tip should have been more than $200 unless you got top shelf liquors in them.

So far I have gotten 3 Charges after disembarking from my October 7-10th cruise on the Disney Wish. Two in the 300 range and one in the 400 range. My party and I had about 10 mixed drinks, played one game of Bingo, and bought 1 stuffed animal, 1 massage and one shave. How could that possibly add up to 1000? We did have sit down breakfast and lunched instead of the buffet but those have always been included before.

So confused.

Contacted Customer Support and they are sending me a copy of my portfolio. Anyone else getting way higher than expected charges?
Pending charges or actual charges? If pending, you need to wait a bit for the final bill to settle. You can usually see when holds are added but not when they are removed so it can look like multiple charges. (Note this isn't Disney's fault, it's what your bank chooses to show and they can have their own policy for how long to leave a hold even after Disney requests it be removed.) If actual charges, yes consult the portfolio when it arrives and compare with any receipts you've saved.

From what I have seen, depending on the type of massage, those can range anywhere between $179-$299, plus 18% gratuity. 10 drinks, plus 18% on each of those, could add up pretty fast. Also remember the other standard gratuities for the stateroom attendant and dining room staff. If you had more than one stateroom being charged to your card, those charges would be there as well. The three charges would probably be a bank hold for each day of your sailing, so the actual amounts could vary once everything posts correctly.

My folio for a 3 night cruise usually runs at least $1K with similar activities.

We just got off the cruise 10-2 and our charges were on point I just checked my CC statement because of this thread and no mistakes.

I’ve paid for other peoples drinks and coffees. It’s a good idea to check your folio daily and keep track of what you spend.

We've had a few people on last week's Magic cruise that are having issues with their charges. It used to be better when we got a print out the last night. At least you could (easily) dispute any charges.

You should know exactly how much you will be charged on the morning you get off the ship. Are these charges above and beyond what your folio balance was?

So confused.

There have been times where mistakes have been made. Eg, there’s been mystery charges on my folio that I’ve caught. Alternatively, there’s also been screw ups on tips for drinks, especially since it’s digital. Eg, they charged a way higher tip.

They’ve admitted to me that I wasn’t the only person on those cruises to have a mistake. If I hadn’t reviewed the folio I would’ve just paid for it. I guarantee Disney has gotten away with it as people don’t scrutinize their folios line by line.

I’d scrutinize the folio and if anything looks off place ask for a scan of the receipt.

We've also had charges hit our account that weren't ours. We realized it before we disembarked, so were able to dispute it onboarding. Not sure the process after.

You haven't mentioned how many played bingo, but with that, the other items you mentioned, and tips, I would think you're pretty close to what you said your charges were.

Hope you get answers and resolution soon!

With not having the charges all printed out this makes it harder to keep track and check for sure. The morning we disembarked I screen recorded me scrolling through our folio so that I would have it and could go back and check it against our cc later. I will do that again for future cruises.

With not having the charges all printed out this makes it harder to keep track and check for sure. The morning we disembarked I screen recorded me scrolling through our folio so that I would have it and could go back and check it against our cc later. I will do that again for future cruises.
You can check your folio daily on the App. It's actually easier then the old days.

The morning we disembarked I screen recorded me scrolling through our folio so that I would have it and could go back and check it against our cc later. I will do that again for future cruises.
There is also the option in the app to download your folio as a PDF. I put a reminder in my phone for disembarkation morning so I don’t forget.

I had 2 x 300 charges as pending charges and only one actually went through. Make sure you aren't looking at pending charges. If you didn't take a copy of your folio before you let the ship you can request on by emailing DCL.

As others have said bingo would depend on how many people were involved but I think was something like $20 a pop. Cocktails onboard if from the menus were around $15 a piece at least. YOU DEF WERE NOT CHARGED FOR LUNCH AND BREAKFAST do not panic about that. The massage was probably $300 at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter