Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: I am about to make a fantastical leap here...
Does this mean that it’s probable that most/all attractions will open?
Or that those CMs will be redirected to other purposes (cleaning other attractions that are open, directing traffic, etc.).

Indoor theaters seem like the perfect place to contract the virus (sitting for a prolonged period in one place indoors) ..(even with social distancing) .. but WDW without indoor theatre attractions is cutting out a LOT of attractions.

They should fit CM's with the N95 masks if they want them for real protected.
If they could they might but I believe powers that be are asking the general public to refrain from using them so they have enough for front line medical doctors and nurses but I could be wrong.

Since they can't outfit the CMs with masks that prevent the transmission by the wearer, they are requiring all guests and CMs to wear masks that help prevent the transmission to others.

If the masks prevented the user from getting the virus, this would be an easy solution. Those willing to take the risk can work or visit the parks and those that don't, don't. What makes this such a difficult public policy dilemma is that the masks are not meant to protect the wearer, they are meant to help protect others. My mask protects you and vice versa. So Disney has taken the position that they are going to require masks on guest to help protect their employees because they don't have a viable way to protect them otherwise. It may not be perfect and it may not entirely work, but in their judgement it is better than not.

REALLY?! YAY!! I'd suspected as much but am so happy to have that confirmed - do we have an official source on it yet?
Indefinitely postponed or just pushed back? SSE really needs some love, I hope this doesn’t mean that when they do refurb it it’s a toned down version of what they had planned.

Its from I think the site that’s banned. Wdwnt. But everything else they’ve reported today was later reported by blogmickey.

Lol yup, they’re the banned ones.

Oh how ridiculous. This just keeps getting more & more absurd.

There comes a time when you have to really wonder is it really safe enough to open. Maybe, just maybe, Disney was right to open later?

We walk around the parks with bottles of water in our hands or bag all the time. In our group, at least 1 person is taking a drink at some point all the time. My grandson is susceptible to getting dehydrated easily, so we’re constantly getting him to drink. We’d do nothing but step aside if we can’t lift the mask for a second to get a drink.

And if you can’t walk and drink, you can’t walk and eat. But maybe they won’t have popcorn or turkey legs or dole whips or....

Yeah, yeah, I know we can stay home and we are for other reasons, but the more I read and see, the more I think it was the right choice. I also know it’s because some people will use it as an excuse to never put a mask on. But it doesn’t make the idea any more pleasant.

There’s always the chance a Disney won’t require it, but so far they seem to be following Universals lead on things, so it’s a real possibility.

Would you mind posting the email address?
Always and for every department:Al
wdw.guest.communications @disneyworld.com
I meant overbooked for the reduced park capacity. No one is suggesting the resorts are anywhere near full.
People can have made July reservations as early as February 2019; other area hotels might even allow reservations farther out. Pretty good chance the Central Florida area is (or was, until recently) extremely overbooked for what the exoected capacity is going to be.

What?! I don't want to block anyone from staying or getting a better deal.

However nominal it is, we still paid thousands of dollars for a "secured" vacation for our family of seven. We also pay dues for this "nominal" ownership.
If Disney is going to upgrade a family or couple paying a fraction of that, then we should be compensated the difference in cost.
It's just like the car dealership. If someone was lucky enough to buy just after the factory put out incentives, well those that already bought cars don't get to go demand they get them too. At Disney, if it is long enough before your trip, you can actually rebook and get them. But if not, that is the breaks. . Personally, I've never bothered to care what someone else pays for their trip nor even asked anyone. If someone's lucky enough to check in when the values are overcrowded and gets the DVC that is lightly reserved instead, it's no biggie. Perhaps someday I'll be the lucky one. But given that I go during times of deep discounting, I sort of doubt it will ever be over full when I get there. But I take my good discounts and enjoy them.

I really don't understand people. I can't enjoy my computer if someone else paid less for it. I can't enjoy a deluxe unless Disney takes something away from Value stayers. I can't enjoy something unless others are denied it. How does anyone with that kind of point of view ever enjoy anything? Someone always got it for less. Someone always got it for more. Someone gets that lucky upgrade. Someone doesn't.

Last edited:
But even parents, etc. are excluded from having them as a requirement.

But, for Legoland, parents of under 10s tend to be under 50...and if you're under 50, you're pretty much golden unless you are a very, very, very unlucky person...

And Legoland in the summer (having been there in August) is about 972 degrees on blazing asphalt with every attraction outside except one indoor play area and one ride...they can easily shut the indoor play and let everyone swelter everywhere:)...

I never even knew this was a thing...that people thought they’d only be surrounded by their own “ kind” by booking at a more expensive resort. How do they stand going into the parks? Last I checked we weren’t separated by class there.
You mean you don’t get to use the special entrance, restrooms and dining areas?? 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter