Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA for those going to Disney, make sure you don’t get sick or need a hospital:

While I'm actually a big fan of Ana Cabrera this is accurate but also a bit misleading. You can check out the raw data yourself but the largest hospitals in Broward continue to have between 17 and 20% ICU availability, the largest hospital in Orange county has about 26% ICU availability. This is very similar to where they were last week. ICU availability typically runs at about 40 to 20% in larger hospitals. Small hospitals and specialty hospitals will run closer to 5 - 0% availability at any given time. Things do appear tighter in Miami Dade and Hillsborough with 10 - 15% availability in their largest hospitals.

All that being said, I'm here to hear about soft openings today! Hoping to see disney lead the way on making entertainment as safe as possible in this crazy world we all live in currently.

Not to be a downer, but many healthcare facilities are still short on N95s (re-using, sterilizing, etc.). Widespread use among theme park guests is not a good idea in my opinion. If you feel like you need an N95 to go somewhere (excluding those with special circumstances of course), probably a sign not the right place for you at this time.
Actually my hospital which is one of 12 in the system is ONLY using N95 for Intubated Covid patients. We are given regular masks to use even though they are Covid positive if not vented. This is a system wide policy. We never had a shortage of N 95 in my system. Nor did we have an outbreak of staff that caught it.

Last edited:
While I'm actually a big fan of Ana Cabrera this is accurate but also a bit misleading. You can check out the raw data yourself but the largest hospitals in Broward continue to have between 17 and 20% ICU availability, the largest hospital in Orange county has about 26% ICU availability. This is very similar to where they were last week. ICU availability typically runs at about 40 to 20% in larger hospitals. Small hospitals and specialty hospitals will run closer to 5 - 0% availability at any given time. Things do appear tighter in Miami Dade and Hillsborough with 10 - 15% availability in their largest hospitals.

All that being said, I'm here to hear about soft openings today! Hoping to see disney lead the way on making entertainment as safe as possible in this crazy world we all live in currently.
I think it’s just worded oddly. She’s trying to say that there is at least 1 hotel in each of these counties at capacity, not that the counties are out of capacity.

Where can we see the raw data?

I didn't have any cancelled dining reservations. I have a DVC reservation and park reservations for 14-16 July. Just made dining reservations on MDE for in-park dining on each of those days.

Inevitable really. Now those needing ICU even without covid are far more likely to die.
Or they just start canceling elective surgeries again and open up 50% of the state’s ICU beds. Plus, 100% doesn’t mean the ICU is full. It means all beds had someone scheduled fo them for at some point that day. By 8:00PM actual capacity could be below 60% as post op patients filter in and out throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter