Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the process for making new reservations tomorrow? Is it online booking or do you have to call and if so what number and time does it open ?

I am assuming we call into some 407-939 number and sit on hold for 2 hours. That's been the trend this month.

In all seriousness, I am hoping that we can start using the website or app to book things soon.

Does anyone here remember the lime green Mickey head paint chips you used to be able to get at Home Depot (I think?)... somehow those became the official ā€œDISer in the park insigniaā€ years ago lol. I remember my mom tying one to a bag or siblingsā€™ stroller for a couple of trips when I was younger. Idk if anyone on the boards still does anything like that in the parks, though.
I don't post much, but I still have the DIS button I made on my lanyard.DIS Button.JPG

I wonder with 2020 tickets opening tomorrow, if they will allow for changes on existing tickets already purchased for 2020... I have a 5 day park ticket that I wanted to update to 7 days for a someone in my party...
I believe we will be able too. I have a 5 day ticket that needs to be moved to a 10 day ticket. Fingers crossed!

SAME! We arrive Saturday and was about to stock my suitcase with all White Claws. So glad Bar Riva is open! (So I can spend $15/drink instead LOL)
Your $15 drinks from bar riva are helping keep Disney afloat. I do think that menu item prices went up about 20% overall when we were there this past weekend, compared to when we were there in February.

Your $15 drinks from bar riva are helping keep Disney afloat. I do think that menu item prices went up about 20% overall when we were there this past weekend, compared to when we were there in February.

Funny, we were there in February too but didnā€™t eat there, just drinks. I donā€™t even know what Iā€™m expecting to pay for food and drinks now other than ā€œa lotā€. Itā€™s why I loved the dining plans - felt like food was free! (Yes, I am Disneyā€™s dream consumer)

I believe we will be able too. I have a 5 day ticket that needs to be moved to a 10 day ticket. Fingers crossed!
I hope we can make changes to existing tickets. My party all have 7 day PH Tickets, that we'd like to change to single park tickets and get the difference refunded back.

Whatā€™s the word on refillable popcorn buckets in the parks? Are they operating like the mugs where they put the popcorn in a container and give it to you to pour in?

I think @yulilin3 said the carts were out and popcorn was available but she didnā€™t see any buckets? I might be remembering that wrong.popcorn::

For anyone wanting to watch another day of streaming, I think both @yulilin3 and ResortTV1 are streaming tomorrow. I know ResortTV1 will be at MK. Does anyone know of anyone streaming from AK tomorrow?

Has anyone heard or read whether or not the baby care centers have opened? And if anything has changed in how they function?

Oh, there will definitely be some in the room refrigerator! This why I have been posting on the boards ā€œARE THE REFILLABLE MUGS AVAILABLE AND ICE MACHINES WORKING?!ā€ šŸ¤£

Our same question! šŸ˜‚ Were doing a split stay between Poly and Riviera and were so sad to see Bar Riva closed, so Iā€™ve already packed half a case of prosecco and our owners locker has several liquors and mixers for the room. But I need my refillable mug and ice! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Ok I just packed the backpacks for AP day at MK tomorrow! Hubby did give me a stern warning that I'm not allowed to be a drill sargeant anymore tho and he wants to take the day California Cool. :rolleyes1šŸ˜ŽGotta say, now that there are no EMH, FP+, DDP and the parks open later I actually feel more relaxed about it all anyway. Weird the mindset change by having so many planning requirements removed.

Anyway, if you're going to AP preview tomorrow PLEASE PLEASE be respectful of the CMs and other guests. Don't be the next DFB click-bait photo!šŸ¤£

Ok I just packed the backpacks for AP day at MK tomorrow! Hubby did give me a stern warning that I'm not allowed to be a drill sargeant anymore tho and he wants to take the day California Cool. :rolleyes1šŸ˜ŽGotta say, now that there are no EMH, FP+, DDP and the parks open later I actually feel more relaxed about it all anyway. Weird the mindset change by having so many planning requirements removed.

Anyway, if you're going to AP preview tomorrow PLEASE PLEASE be respectful of the CMs and other guests. Don't be the next DFB click-bait photo!šŸ¤£

With how the universal AP day went and given that the AP previews are not there just as a perk but as a way to iron out issues, I do expect issues tomorrow but that is the point - to find and improve them then before the general public comes in. The people coming for AP preview are to an extent the second group of guinea pigs. Universal had issues on their AP day and improved. I expect WDW wil have issues tomorrow too and will improve. In fact given how quickly all those AP slots went and looking at the reservation calendar for july it is possible these next 2 days could be the most crowded WDW will be for months. People both going and watching need to understand that. Thu/fri are not "normal" days Or even "new normal" days. Saturday/Sun is when we will see new normal.

With how the universal AP day went and given that the AP previews are not there just as a perk but as a way to iron out issues, I do expect issues tomorrow but that is the point - to find and improve them then before the general public comes in. The people coming for AP preview are to an extent the second group of guinea pigs. Universal had issues on their AP day and improved. I expect WDW wil have issues tomorrow too and will improve. In fact given how quickly all those AP slots went and looking at the reservation calendar for july it is possible these next 2 days could be the most crowded WDW will be for months. People both going and watching need to understand that. Thu/fri are not "normal" days Or even "new normal" days. Saturday/Sun is when we will see new normal.
Yeah tbh we will try to get a few rides but if the lines are too long we will just skip them. We have 3 toddlers so they don't wait well. We have no issue just roaming and seeing things that we always overlooked trying to run to our next FP+ window šŸ¤£ And the last few times we've been to any of the parks they've been SO crowded at times you couldn't even really see the ground you were walking on, so hopefully that's not the case anymore!

This paper map makes me so happy! I had read there werenā€™t going to be any at reopening. Yeah I can look at the park on the MDE app, but Iā€™m old school and love me a paper map! After 30 trips to the Mother Ship, I may know where every washroom is, but I love to be able to whip out my ā€˜ole map and look at stuff. Thank you for sharing that @Mit88

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter