Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I took our two year old this week. We went two days and lasted about two hours each. Keeping a mask on a two year old sucks. It doesn’t help that the small masks Disney sells do not fit my daughter. They’re way too big. I give her credit though, she did much better than I thought.

There was a girl in front of us at the Carousel that must have just turned two. She was hysterically crying and wouldn’t put her mask back on. The CM wouldn’t let her ride until it was back on.

I know it’s beating a dead horse at this point, but I wish Disney would reconsider the requirements for young children.
We are going the week before my daughter turns 2 and not going back with the kids until September for this exact reason. She will not keep it on longer than an hour. My son, 3.5 does much better.

Any intel on whether or not Splash is going down for winter refurb? We are getting closer and closer to Jan with no announcement...

Now when is that 5,000 foot tall rollercoaster going to open?
This was the last update on the worlds tallest coaster:
Skyplex Orlando News

Seems it is still moving forward despite Covid. The project is now being named Lionsgate World Resort. Construction is scheduled to start early next year for an opening date in 2024, and it’s still located next to the Orlando Eye. The new plans still include building the worlds tallest rollercoaster at either 580 or 649 feet, internal documents list both heights for the Intamin coaster.

View attachment 530136

http://fondllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/D-LIONSGATE-WORLD-RESORT-ORLANDO.pdf

This was the last update on the worlds tallest coaster:

Oh wow, it’s actually still happening. It’s been in the works since I think like 2012 but it was never cancelled or really made progress, just figured they thought people forgot about it

Oh wow, it’s actually still happening. It’s been in the works since I think like 2012 but it was never cancelled or really made progress, just figured they thought people forgot about it
Oddly enough it now seems like it more likely to happen than ever before. It has some serious backing for once. We’ll find out if construction does actually start in about 3-4 months.

No chance they’d be able to pull that off. There’s more control over people that make millions of dollars to stay in a bubble, and even that didn’t work. You’re not going to be able to get paying guests to stay within the walls How are you also supposed to keep people from crossing paths with non-bubble inhabitants (if they went with the hotel only admittance). Unless you’re going to just DCA, and only GC is open, you’d have to walk through DTD to get to Disneyland. You could have Disneyland Hotel guests take the monorail to DL, but that would take forever shuttling them back and forth.

It all seems like too much of a headache to even brainstorm such an operation. It’s unfortunate, but it’s time to come to the realization that unless 80% of the population takes the vaccine, the parks probably won’t open until Fall/Winter 2021, and that’s not even taking into account what Gavey decides to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter