Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICON Park on I-Drive adding world's tallest drop tower and slingshot in 2021.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/worlds-tallest-drop-tower-slingshot-ride-coming-to-orlando-in-2021

Could be the worlds shortest slingshot and I’d still say “nope”. And that’s coming from someone that’s been skydiving over 80 times. Something about those slingshots I just do not trust. The drop tower intrigues me. I still haven’t done the swings, eventually I’ll get to it

Well, I read a rumor we can discuss! From a newly registered poster on WDWMAGIC

A refurb for Pirates from 2021-2022. First from Jan - April they will be restoring ride to original w/out Red and Jack Sparrow. Then after summer/fall - they will close again and will redo with Red as lead pirate?

Very confusing. :D

The Splash Mountain controversy would be nothing compared to this lol. Depp is in a lot of hot water right now, but I’m not sure they’d take him out of the ride. When you see the animatronic you’re not saying “Look, it’s Johnny Depp”. The Redd stuff never bothered me. The animatronic looks a little weird next to the older ones beside her, but the “story” change just never really upset me like it has for many

The Splash Mountain controversy would be nothing compared to this lol. Depp is in a lot of hot water right now, but I’m not sure they’d take him out of the ride. When you see the animatronic you’re not saying “Look, it’s Johnny Depp”. The Redd stuff never bothered me. The animatronic looks a little weird next to the older ones beside her, but the “story” change just never really upset me like it has for many

I can see them changing it eventually, but I have a hard time believing that they would close, change back to original, open, then close again to change to Red theme. :D

I can see them changing it eventually, but I have a hard time believing that they would close, change back to original, open, then close again to change to Red theme. :D

When the Margot Robbie movie comes out, I could see the change...if the movie is successful, which it probably will be because even the poorly rated later Pirates films still made a ton of money.

I wonder if this means we will be getting more specific hopper news soon. I need to purchase tix for my Jan trip, but since I have no idea if they will expand the hours a 2pm only hop isn't very helpful.
I think moving this earlier than the hop time is more beneficial. Gives people time to get a chance at that boarding group and if they don’t get it then can go to a different park if they choose.

I think moving this earlier than the hop time is more beneficial. Gives people time to get a chance at that boarding group and if they don’t get it then can go to a different park if they choose.

I realized I suck at time and math. At first, I was like, wth this makes no sense. Then I realized, the time is BEFORE the hop can begin (in my mind I was thinking it was after)

I'm curious about how they handle park hopping when limiting it to only start at 2PM. Will there be a separate 2PM "rope drop" line for those that are hopping but get to a park before 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter