Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooooo, I was signed up for the Star Wars 5k in April. It got announced it was moving to virtual, but I asked for refund.

I just found out that the 5k medal was Ahsoka. You've got to be kidding me

Noooooo, I was signed up for the Star Wars 5k in April. It got announced it was moving to virtual, but I asked for refund.

You can change your decision using the link in the email, or email RD, think the deadline for that decision is this Friday though. Just clicked the link again and this was the blurb:

"If you would like to update your selection, please refer back to your email or contact runDisney at runDisney.com. "

You can change your decision using the link in the email, or email RD, think the deadline for that decision is this Friday though. Just clicked the link again and this was the blurb:

"If you would like to update your selection, please refer back to your email or contact runDisney at runDisney.com. "

ya I know, but $89 for just a shirt and medal, I mean, I love me some Ahsoka, but I could really use that refund too lol

ya I know, but $89 for just a shirt and medal, I mean, I love me some Ahsoka, but I could really use that refund too lol

just buy 5 less coffees at Starbucks between now and April and there’s your $89. I don’t know your budget, but I know I’d buy $89 worth of stuff I don’t need in 4 months even if I was budget conscience

Medals were announced at the time of the switch.

you can sign up again too.

Medals were announced at the time of the switch.

you can sign up again too.
I mean it wouldn't have impacted my decision, just more upset the race isn't happening in person because of the medal you'd get.

To be honest I can't do a 5k right now with the way my back is anyway. But if it was a normal year, I would have toughed it out

I mean it wouldn't have impacted my decision, just more upset the race isn't happening in person because of the medal you'd get.

To be honest I can't do a 5k right now with the way my back is anyway. But if it was a normal year, I would have toughed it out
Virtual you can do any way you want really. You don’t have to submit a time.

Was at Epcot for a little bit today. Heard one of the CMs say it was a lot busier than they figured it'd be for a Monday

Wanted to go to some of the booths as I haven't had a chance yet. Not much interested me sadly.

Had the pork schnitzel (6/10)
Pastrami sandwich (7.5/10)
Christmas Log in France (9.5/10)

I almost got the mouse crunch, but the price was too high for what you probably get.

Test Track opened at a 75 min wait

Wanted to check out the decorations in living on the land, but it was a 40 min wait when I walked by. Not waiting that long for that lol

Just checking in to say - today marks day14 of quarantine after our last day of exposure getting off our flight from MCO and our thanksgiving trip - and happy to report we are all ok. phew.

We've also decided that this is officially our thing now - Thanksgiving week. Throwing in some family golf time next year and a fishing excursion for dad and kid.

Is anyone else having deja vu?
As someone who wants businesses to be able to return to safely normal and capacity ASAP safely I remain fascinated by any options available to move that along. And frankly I remain unimpressed with Disney’s lack of ingenuity. Minus the walk through security scanners those are great. Even low level places here advertise they’ve installed special air filters to combat COVID or are using antibacterial spray/coating that lasts days.

Sorry to say but not sure what news is left to come down this year. Christmas is set. NYE is set. Maybe ahead of spring break we’ll see some offerings open up a bit but can’t imagine we’ll see much movement in Jan-Feb. except maybe ticket price increase :rolleyes1

Last edited:
As someone who wants businesses to be able to return to safely normal and capacity ASAP safely I remain fascinated by any options available to move that along. And frankly I remain unimpressed with Disney’s lack of ingenuity. Minus the walk through security scanners those are great. Even low level places advertise they’ve installed special air filters to combat COVID or are using antibacterial spray/coating that lasts days.

Sorry to say but not sure what news is left to come down this year. Christmas is set. NYE is set. Maybe ahead of spring break we’ll see some offerings open up a bit but can’t imagine we’ll see much movement in Jan-Feb. except maybe ticket price increase :rolleyes1

Did you mean to quote me?

Just checking in to say - today marks day14 of quarantine after our last day of exposure getting off our flight from MCO and our thanksgiving trip - and happy to report we are all ok. phew.

We've also decided that this is officially our thing now - Thanksgiving week. Throwing in some family golf time next year and a fishing excursion for dad and kid.
Love it - we said the same thing after our NYE trip a few years ago. So much fun, and a great tradition for just the 4 of us after a month of extended family celebrations (this year excluded obviously). It is not lost on us how lucky we are. I love to hear how others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter