Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know if Ample Hills was a COVID casualty or not, but their retail operations still ship and they still have the Disney flavor or two.

Attachments

• 54EC39BF-F5EC-4865-B572-A30587DE5576.jpeg
    54EC39BF-F5EC-4865-B572-A30587DE5576.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 5D870801-D6D2-4019-B0AB-C74C20FFB5F5.jpeg
    5D870801-D6D2-4019-B0AB-C74C20FFB5F5.jpeg
    63.5 KB · Views: 17
Wow...this seems like a monumentally bad idea. Of course I want the village to be up and running, but it really seems like a very very bad idea.
I dunno. If I had a critically ill child and medical experts had cleared the facility and my kid’s medical team felt is was appropriate or at the very least wouldn’t add to the harm of my child, I’d be thrilled to at least have a choice to have one last crack with them.

I can understand the justification on outdoor rides and I can somewhat get it on constantly moving/fast indoor ones even though I would not personally be comfortable. MFSR is different, plexiglass or not. It’s small closed in spaces where you are stationary. People focus way too much on 6 feet and 15 minutes IMO, and have interpreted it as a near guaranteed safe zone that will prevent you from getting infected.

Seems like a bad idea but everywhere is so chaotic right now nobody would ever be able to reliably prove they caught Covid at WDW and catching it at a public place (even WDW) is no longer headline worthy so maybe they just don’t care.
More importantly individuals have a responsibility to keep themselves safe. So if something feels unsafe, perhaps you shouldn’t visit as you have stated.

Yeah, six feet is a minimum. You’re not magically protected if you stay six feet away and get 14mn59seconds/24hours exposure.

Disagree. Public health is not a personal choice. It is something that every individual and business needs to be involved in. Businesses have a moral responsibility to protect people’s health and life to a certain point. A pandemic requires different measures than normal times, some of which will hurt profits. It is not a personal feeling of being unsafe. The theme parks ARE creating unsafe environments based on the scientific data about the virus. The theme parks have changed their tune since July when they advertised they would keep everyone six feet apart- though the verbiage on the websites, signs, and audio recordings that state distancing is in place and expected of guests is still there. They are contradicting their own published policies.

Yeah, six feet is a minimum. You’re not magically protected if you stay six feet away and get 14mn59seconds/24hours exposure.

Disagree. Public health is not a personal choice. It is something that every individual and business needs to be involved in. Businesses have a moral responsibility to protect people’s health and life to a certain point. A pandemic requires different measures than normal times, some of which will hurt profits. It is not a personal feeling of being unsafe. The theme parks ARE creating unsafe environments based on the scientific data about the virus. The theme parks have changed their tune since July when they advertised they would keep everyone six feet apart- though the verbiage on the websites, signs, and audio recordings that state distancing is in place and expected of guests is still there. They are contradicting their own published policies.

But until the point that an outbreak or "superspreader" event has been traced back to WDW, which hasn't happened yet, how can anyone say that Disney does NOT care about public health? It may be that some people's perception is that their social distancing is not adequate, but so far the data is not showing a problem.

In that regard, they’re creating an unsafe environment just by being open as the cdc said it’s one of the most dangerous activities ppl can do right now.

Do we think Jan hours are pretty set or is it likely they’ll increase?

Probably more “set” than February and March. But if they start getting in a ton of hotel reservations, or parks reservations booked up, they could always extend the hours. They’ve extended hours almost every month from their original listings since September. But like I said earlier, especially without the Marathon, there’s not much down there to entice droves of people, so I’d say January is most likely going to stick to these hours, maybe certain parks will see extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter