Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Disney and Universal puts markers all over the park. Obviously people can't stand 6 ft apart without them. Seeing this is why I think Disney is taking it slow.

KRIS MEETS W🌎RLD (@krismeetsworld) Tweeted:
I posted this photo earlier without a black bar. Reposting with covering faces. This really isn’t even the guests’ fault. There were no lines on the ground. https://t.co/WKZyb9G0Cm
This picture is incredibly deceptive. GROUPS are supposed to be ~6' apart. If you look at the left side of the photo (the best perspective for spatial reference) it looks very much like groups are about 6' apart. The farther down the line you look, the closer things look because the spatial reference is very skewed. I believe people are actually doing what they are supposed to do in this shot. 6' isn't really that far and the picture doesn't have a perpendicular reference point to the crowd, which would show true spacing. This is the kind of thing that will cause problems, I think. People on the comments for the post are all mad about really nothing, because they perceive something that appears, to me anyway, to not be true. I mean, in a normal queue I usually stand 4-6' back from the person in front of me, if I don't know them. Might be just me, but I figure I'm not gonna get there any faster by being up someone's butt. And the mask thing (sorry) was supposed to be if you couldn't be 6' apart from someone (not in your household) for >10 minutes. Right? I didn't make this up did I?

Yes it's been tough for everyone. My 7 month old hasn't seen any family since March. I know a lot of people have it worse. I just get frustrated with the many who keep thinking this is nothing.

Back on topic, I am not anti-Disney, I just try to post news or rumors to get discussions going. Since Disney never says much it gives people something to talk about
I think this is a big part of the problem. Disney’s relative silence has opened the door. For rampant speculation and rumor mongering. That is why I have for a while advocates the “we will not open before x” strategy. Then post updates every couple of days on what you are working on. Still would not be much, but would at least generate more positive buzz

so what is the time frame for retraining and the tournament? if we are talking 45 to 60 days is it really practical to have families in hotel rooms for that period of time?

They’d probably have to arrive 2-3 weeks prior to the season restarting to get their body’s back in game shape to avoid injury, which means they’d need the resort by the beginning to middle of July. If the resorts open up in mid June, they could stop accepting reservations for that hotel a week to 10 days before the players’ arrival and have the entire resort deep cleaned and ready for them. More likely, if they were to open the parks and resorts prior to the NBA starting back up, they won’t open whatever resort that the players are staying at prior to their arrival just out of precaution

I just tried CS for July 23 - 29.. zero rooms now showing as available

Last night everything but the tower was available for the same dates..

We do think that disneyIT is at work right now.. so 🤷🏻‍♀️
I checked lots of dates- nothing at CSR until Oct 1. Odd thing is, no CL anywhere either for July, haven’t checked to see how far that goes.
Edited to add:
CL unavailability seems to go to end of August.

I don’t think the NBA players will be granted access to the parks. It’s too risky for them. Disney isn’t going to pay all those CMs for months and house them separately so that the players and their families can go to the parks. It’s just a bad financial decision. They’ll be in a hotel or hotels which are completely self-contained and the WWOS. Opening parks to the public has absolutely nothing to do with the NBA IMO other than shutting down certain hotels to the public. Those hotels will be guarded as will the WWOS.

If NBA resumes at WDW (and I think it will.)
I agree players and regular guests won't be visiting the parks together.

I can certainly see WDW hosting after hour parties for the players in the parks.
Good point. And that might be why VAH & all those extra ticket events have been canceled already.

I checked lots of dates- nothing at CSR until Oct 1. Odd thing is, no CL anywhere either for July, haven’t checked to see how far that goes.
Edited to add:
CL unavailability seems to go to end of August.
They could set up testing areas in the conference centers there at CSR. Would be very useful to keep the close circuit for players.

Most teams have about 15-16 games left for the regular season. They’re likely going to have to finish out the regular season due to teams being in a playoff race that impacts playoff shares. If they just start back up with the playoffs, the union would nix the plan because there’s money involved. And they haven’t reached the amount of games needed to for their contracts with regional sports networks. So they need to have at least 5-10 regular season games.

They could change the playoff format to best out of 3 or 5 to shorten the timeframe, but ESPN/ABC (Disney) and TNT (Turner) make a lot of money off of the amount of games played during the postseason being best of 7, so I doubt they narrow down the playoff system. There’s obviously reduced travel with every team being on property so they wouldn’t need multiple days off in between games, but they also only have 3 courts and a limited amount of time per day to use them.

Long story short, with a late July restart, you’re looking at an ending of the season anywhere around the end of September To the end of October

so what is the time frame for retraining and the tournament? if we are talking 45 to 60 days is it really practical to have families in hotel rooms for that period of time?
It depends on how many regular season games they still play.

IMO they will need at least 3 weeks or practice/training camp time. The playoffs take 2 months. They are 4 rounds in the playoffs and each round takes about two weeks.

3 weeks for training camp
Regulars season games 2-3 weeks.
Playoffs 2 months.

Now as teams are eliminated there would be less and less players at WDW.

14 teams would be gone after the regular season. Leaving only 16. Then half would leave every two weeks or so after they are eliminated.

A late July regular season start (Training camps late June) still puts teams at WDW until late Sept to early OCT. all of that to say parks are not staying closed until the NBA is done.

I guess I don't frequent these boards enough, can someone help me out with a few of the acronyms?
I think I get CSR = Coronado springs resort, but
What is CL and CS, and is there an abbreviation for the Destino tower?

They’d probably have to arrive 2-3 weeks prior to the season restarting to get their body’s back in game shape to avoid injury, which means they’d need the resort by the beginning to middle of July. If the resorts open up in mid June, they could stop accepting reservations for that hotel a week to 10 days before the players’ arrival and have the entire resort deep cleaned and ready for them. More likely, if they were to open the parks and resorts prior to the NBA starting back up, they won’t open whatever resort that the players are staying at prior to their arrival just out of precaution
This article gives a possible for scenario for how the lead up to reporting to WDW might go.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...y-espn-wide-world-sports-complex?platform=amp

I guess I don't frequent these boards enough, can someone help me out with a few of the acronyms?
I think I get CSR = Coronado springs resort, but
What is CL and CS, and is there an abbreviation for the Destino tower?

CL - club level
CS Coronado Springs (without the R for Resort)

The Tower - GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter