Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I don't frequent these boards enough, can someone help me out with a few of the acronyms?
I think I get CSR = Coronado springs resort, but
What is CL and CS, and is there an abbreviation for the Destino tower?
CL = club level and CS = CSR

I don't know if anyone has seen the article re: Tyler Perry Studios and how he intends to run Camp Quarantine as his studios when production picks up with casts and crews. I imagine the scenario will be analogous to that of the NBA at WDW. Generally speaking, it involves getting tested and quarantining at home for a period of 2 weeks, then getting flown privately to Atlanta, then being transported to a hotel where you're tested and quarantined again. Then there's then a lot of transporting back and forth to sets, etc, possibly more testing, and ultimately not breaking the bubble once it is formed.
If the NBA does show up to Disney, I imagine that they'll have strict policies and procedures for players, staff, and crew to not break their bubble. Allowing them to go the parks may be too risky. Even if the parks are cleaned, there may still be risk involved. Are the cast members who operate the rides and shops being quarantined in their own bubbles?? Or are they allowed to go to their houses, and be out in the real world on their days off, etc?
So in the speculation game that we all play - I could see either NBA just being locked down to their resort and the MK being open to public. Or all of Disney being solely for NBA use, and closed to public - but this is the more unlikely scenario, in my opinion.

I guess I don't frequent these boards enough, can someone help me out with a few of the acronyms?
I think I get CSR = Coronado springs resort, but
What is CL and CS, and is there an abbreviation for the Destino tower?

GDT is Grand Destino Tower. CL could be Concierge Lounge or Club Level. CS/CSR is Coronado Springs.

I’m hoping at least their negotiating is almost done so at least then maybe Disney can announce plans & stop being so secretive.

I read somewhere the NBA is announcing their plan on June 1st. That’s an official statement. Everything could already be done and signed off on and Disney has continued concentrating elsewhere. Typically in sports when you hear a lot of news of things being “close to finalized” it means they’re done and are waiting for the official announcement to be leaked

I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan is leaked today or tomorrow

This. Like many of you, been going to DW parks for 40 years with 100+ trips logged. We had two DVC contracts. Sold them both last week, got a crappy price well below market price. Don’t particularly care, our family is done.
Could you please indicate if the low price was snagged by Disney (ROFR) or if the buyer was actually allowed to get your contracts at the really low price?

Lol people acting like NBA players have secret service protection. They may refuse the park access, but it will be offered.

Just don't see the NBA playing at the ESPN Disney Sports park having any effect whatsoever on the park's open dates, even the resorts, they could all stay at the FOur seasons, Ritz etc. Plus they are not going to even start for two months or so.

It is going to be really strange for them to be playing the season out in august when other sports will be playing in there home arenas and a good chance with fans (reduced capacity but fans in the stands). Especially if the play into September and college football games will be starting at home stadiums with some fans too. Not the same but Little league baseball games are going on today with fans in the stands.

I think this NBA/MLS situation is a major problem as far as reaching any point of clarity as far as WDW opening. For one, if either or both leagues come they need to have hotels set aside just for them to create the “bubbles” they need. This will have a ripple effect on relocation of resort guests as well as ADRs. As far as the parks, if the NBA is expecting for they or their families to use the parks well that’s another complication. Using locations used by the general public kinda violates the whole “bubble” concept. According to an article I read today they also want to make sure they are isolated from MLS personnel. So if the leagues come and they want use of anything beyond WWOS and their designated resorts it’s gonna be a problem. Due to the ESPN connection they have a huge interest in making the NBA happy. NBA plans to announce process for restart on 6/1. We will know WDWs plans either right before or right after that. For those wanting to go this summer you should be rooting hard for NBA to have no park access.

close to 3 months in a hotel room, not practical if families are with the players and support staff.

Lol people acting like NBA players have secret service protection. They may refuse the park access, but it will be offered.
Not while under quarantine. They will have contracts with their teams and the NBA disclosing exactly where they can and cannot go while under quarantine. Galavant around the parks while in NBA quarantine housing is not gonna be on that list.

Does park access not defeat or severely impact the point of a single site concept? I wonder if it could be thought of as a lesser of two evils, give em controlled park access at certain times (after hours) to stop players but mostly their families from getting antsy and going elsewhere.

Does park access not defeat or severely impact the point of a single site concept? I wonder if it could be thought of as a lesser of two evils, give em controlled park access at certain times (after hours) to stop players but mostly their families from getting antsy and going elsewhere.

I still think a soft open for NBA only is possible. Not what anyone wants to hear I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter