Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen in my emails and conversations with them, they have intentions to treat us AP's right...just no park hopping for awhile :)

So, I'm a weird situation but here is my example:

- Recent graduate with plenty of extra time off this summer because my start date got pushed back
- Massive celebration with the husband DCL cruise cancelled (I took the credit) but a lot still went back to Disney gift cards
- Since my start date is pushed back, I'd rather spend the Disney $ I already paid for than my regular money on a vacation
- Military tickets aren't that expensive
- My Mom had a trip planned (without me) that got called off earlier this year, her tickets were extended, now we are planning to meet up at WDW in July
- Got great deals on the rooms with a military rate

..I definitely would not pay rack or anything near it right now though. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to be a part of all of this madness. What a weird thing in history to get to experience at WDW!

Doesn’t sound like the normal situation for many, I’m thinking from the standpoint of families with kids.

I hope it works well for you and you have a blast!

My husband just got filled in on all of this. His response was, "I thought you were supposed to be grading essays?" Whoops. Why is all the Disney news and end of the school year aligning?! Who else is here instead of doing things that actually need to get done? It's like a trainwreck I can't look away from.
Oh my gosh!!! I agree!!!

From what I've seen in my emails and conversations with them, they have intentions to treat us AP's right...just no park hopping for awhile :)

WHAT DID THEY SAY?! I need details! Every time I try to plead my case I'm told, "I'm sorry, but the only options we have available are the extension or the partial refund based on closure dates."

Ugh this is devastating.

So much time and effort planning and crafting all the daily plans, dining plans, BBB, and fastpasses just for it all to go “poof” and to have to now compete with everyone else all over again to try to make a trip that works.

ugh.

I really thought they would cancel based on booking order

I thought so too. As a party of 7, it breaks my heart, because it we were lucky enough to get the reservations we wanted for a party of 7 the first time; I don't know that we will get that lucky again, especially with reduced capacity.

I think @rteetz has given up on this thread. We’re all mad animals.

Alexa play “can’t be tamed” by miley cyrus

We've entered a stage of chaos. Chaos, I say!

"You know the thing about chaos? It's fair."

Name that movie.

Oh Lord. I don't think my heart can take anymore. This whole day has been a roller coaster of emotion. Just when I make peace with our vacation, something else just turns it on its head.

I mean, what else could there be?!

The only thing I can think of that would be "buckle up" worthy is mass cancellation of resorts. I can't imagine it. But...I just don't know that taking away hopping would be craziness.

Two words - Cake castle.

At this point, I would take the castle decorated as the poop emoji if I could just have MY disney vacation back all in one piece.

Park hopping was gone from the get go. Can't manage capacity and allow hopping

They could make it work. It would take a little bit of ingenuity and cleverness but it could work. It's just easier to just cut it off entirely.

My husband just got filled in on all of this. His response was, "I thought you were supposed to be grading essays?" Whoops. Why is all the Disney news and end of the school year aligning?! Who else is here instead of doing things that actually need to get done? It's like a trainwreck I can't look away from.

Oh I absolutely should be writing a paper and studying for an exam for my MBA course. This is more fun.

The cms don't know the depth of the plans. They have a script. And since nothing has been finalized for ap holders. And I am an ap holder so I get your frustration, however I also know that there are some possibilities being discussed and they are all more than fair

Do you think it will be back by early Dec? Also how about Candlelight procession and the Holuday food booths? I’ve been planning this vacation for 3 years and now i’m Watching it all go down the drain :(

I don't think they're ready to decide this - as the doctors on yesterday's conference call/meeting pointed out, we really don't know what will happen in terms of a second wave or when the virus numbers will stabilize. In some states they mostly have...but Florida is definitely not one of them.

The cms don't know the depth of the plans. They have a script. And since nothing has been finalized for ap holders. And I am an ap holder so I get your frustration, however I also know that there are some possibilities being discussed and they are all more than fair
WHAT POSSIBILITIES?! I'm dying for some AP details beyond "here are your two options."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter