Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That rule had changed I thought? It’s now a cumulative 15 mins over 24 hours.
It's within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more to 1) someone who has the disease and has symptoms or 2) someone who tested positive. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html) So to me, even if you consider adding up the exposure time to multiple individuals in the course of a 24 hour period, you would really have to spend quite a lot of time very close to a lot of people with COVID-19. A few seconds in line, a few seconds passing in the walkways? Hard to think that would add up to 15 minutes.

It's within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more to 1) someone who has the disease and has symptoms or 2) someone who tested positive. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/public-health-recommendations.html) So to me, even if you consider adding up the exposure time to multiple individuals in the course of a 24 hour period, you would really have to spend quite a lot of time very close to a lot of people with COVID-19. A few seconds in line, a few seconds passing in the walkways? Hard to think that would add up to 15 minutes.
It’s easy to add up to 15 min in a 24 hour period. You are standing in line for more than a few seconds for rides, waiting for transportation, getting food, watching a cavalcade, shopping, etc. if the party in front or behind you had more than 2 people they can’t fit on the 6ft stand here line, so they are closer than 6 feet. So you have to be aware and adjust. If you ride Living with the Land and they are in the bench in front of you, that’s 15 min right there. Ride the Safari—15 min. obviously this assumes they are contagious (which is 48 hrs before symptoms start). Guarantee there are people right now in any of the parks that are infectious with COViD—no one knows how many and how many you are by.

It’s easy to add up to 15 min in a 24 hour period. You are standing in line for more than a few seconds for rides, waiting for transportation, getting food, watching a cavalcade, shopping, etc. if the party in front or behind you had more than 2 people they can’t fit on the 6ft stand here line, so they are closer than 6 feet. So you have to be aware and adjust. If you ride Living with the Land and they are in the bench in front of you, that’s 15 min right there. Ride the Safari—15 min. obviously this assumes they are contagious (which is 48 hrs before symptoms start). Guarantee there are people right now in any of the parks that are infectious with COViD—no one knows how many and how many you are by.
That’s why each family needs to decide how much risk they’ll accept before they make plans to go. I didn’t notice anyone who was coughing or otherwise symptomatic in any of the lines we were in a few weeks ago, and I doubt we were exposed for anywhere close to 15 minutes to symptomatic or asymptomatic contagious individuals. Your assessment may vary from mine.

That’s why each family needs to decide how much risk they’ll accept before they make plans to go. I didn’t notice anyone who was coughing or otherwise symptomatic in any of the lines we were in a few weeks ago, and I doubt we were exposed for anywhere close to 15 minutes to symptomatic or asymptomatic contagious individuals. Your assessment may vary from mine.
I understand FL doesn't limit restaurant capacity. Indoor dining could be an issue.

I understand FL doesn't limit restaurant capacity. Indoor dining could be an issue.
But Disney is limiting indoor dining capacity.
Yes, they are. When DH and I were there the week before Thanksgiving, tables were spaced noticeably farther apart than we remembered, and some were blocked off as well. Biergarten was especially different - those 8-person tables jammed so close together that it was hard to get in and out without bumping someone have for the most part been replaced by 4-tops six feet or more apart, and some of them were blocked off too! The place looked almost empty to me.

I know this is off topic but have you tried reaching out to her or her management? She lives here so it might not be too difficult to set up a meet and greet

haha that's ok. That post was mostly in jest cause of just missing out twice.

Opening today is Dezerland Park on International Drive. Anyone who has been on I-Drive towards Universal probably has seen this building/mall over the years, but is now finally having a soft opening. It gives those coming to WDW another option of indoor attractions.

https://www.wogx.com/video/880386

oh that's going to be a lot of fun when things start returning

oh that's going to be a lot of fun when things start returning

I think they're going to be head-to-head competitors with Andretti Karting on Universal Blvd. But, the size of Dezerland Park is staggering. I can see by mid-late summer 2021 it will be a go to place.

That building is cursed :D hopefully this will break it. Everything that goes in goes out of business. Good luck and fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter