Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are sending emails to guests now too that they are not going to get free magicbands. You just got lucky I guess.

I received the following email today confirming that complimentary Magic Bands will not be provided for our late January trip:

A little girl wearing Minnie Mouse Ears smiles as dad uses his mobile phone to unlock their Disney Resort hotel room door.

Important Reminder About Your Upcoming Stay

Your Walt Disney World vacation is right around the corner and we can’t wait to welcome you here! But before you go, we wanted to send you this helpful reminder.

MagicBands will no longer be provided complimentary to Disney Resort hotel Guests with arrivals beginning January 1, 2021. For Disney Resort hotel room entry, Theme Park entry and charging purchases to your hotel room with a valid credit card, you may use a Key To The World card (provided at the Front Desk). Or, you may use a MagicBand from a past visit (view potential limitations) or purchase a MagicBand prearrival. For more about these options click here.

In addition, we highly recommend using our Online Check-In/Direct-to-Room service, which allows you to get to the fun faster with real-time, room-ready updates. Sign up for room ready notifications and use the MyDisneyExperience app as a digital room key to enter your Disney Resort hotel room. The app is also a great tool to help you plan before and during your visit.

Thanks for your time. See ya real soon!​

I’d expect to see many more stories like these in the coming weeks, unfortunately. Bookings for January and February are not shaping up to be what they were hoping for.

Unfortunately, the measures they’ve relaxed recently made so many headlines which isn’t a great way to appeal to folks that may have been on the fence about a visit. According to the scientists that run our college pandemic task force we’re gonna likely see another big surge in January. (Aren’t we still in one? Who knows haha) All that together isn’t gonna be too enticing to make the trip...

And also... limited hours, limited offerings hanging around for a bit yet.... I am really hoping to see later hours in the summer. That was the one thing I had a hard time with. Our typical routine is to rope drop, take a break, and hit the night running.

The rest of the world uses 1m or 3 feet not six.

Also ventilation is found to be more important than masks or distancing. There is no scientific basis to sit people six feet apart on a fast moving outdoor rides. Airplanes aren’t having outbreaks and they are all in a steel tube less than even 2 feet apart.
All signs in ON, Canada are 2M or 6’

Last edited:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9069289/United-CDC-looks-death-man-flight-Florida.html

So I woke up to this article today about a man with COVID symptoms dying mid flight between Orlando and Los Angeles (plane had to emergency land in New Orleans). How long until the headlines change to mention Disney?
This story was on twitter earlier this week. I don’t believe they’ve confirmed whether or not he had covid yet. Also hard to say where he would have got it and how long he may have had it.

Unfortunately, the measures they’ve relaxed recently made so many headlines which isn’t a great way to appeal to folks that may have been on the fence about a visit. According to the scientists that run our college pandemic task force we’re gonna likely see another big surge in January. (Aren’t we still in one? Who knows haha) All that together isn’t gonna be too enticing to make the trip...

And also... limited hours, limited offerings hanging around for a bit yet.... I am really hoping to see later hours in the summer.
That was the one thing I had a hard time with. Our typical routine is to rope drop, take a break, and hit the night running.
the problem is that these go along with guest demand. If guests are not coming they will not extend hours and offerings thus making guests, like you, not want to come. It's a vicious circle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9069289/United-CDC-looks-death-man-flight-Florida.html

So I woke up to this article today about a man with COVID symptoms dying mid flight between Orlando and Los Angeles (plane had to emergency land in New Orleans). How long until the headlines change to mention Disney?
It'd probably be helpful and more genuine to wait until there's an actual medical examiner's report. This info. is coming from some passengers and even if they're being honest about what they heard/saw; the symptoms of Covid are so similar to thousands of other medical conditions; that it's nothing to go off of. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, obviously if he had any symptoms he shouldn't have been flying; but I'll wait to go crazy about it until we know it actually happened.

the problem is that these go along with guest demand. If guests are not coming they will not extend hours and offerings thus making guests, like you, not want to come. It's a vicious circle
And basically becomes a game of whi can hold out the longest. Obviously for Disney; it's ideal for them to offer the very least they can while still making some money.

This. We had our trip back in October, partly because we had been planning it for almost a year, partly because we needed a break, and partly to experience WDW during a pandemic with the limited offerings and safety measures so we have a frame of reference for any future trips. While we were glad to have gone, we have no reason to rush back anytime soon. While the lack of nighttime shows and parties could be influencing our decision, I think what bothered us more was the rather recent (at the time) expanded hours, QS offerings, etc. reserved for weekends (Fri-Sun). We usually go for 9-11 days trips, with most of these falling on weekdays - so that fact that most of our days would have fewer park hours and QS choices (especially those at the EPCOT festival food booths) puts a damper on our returning for an extended trip anytime soon.

This. We had our trip back in October, partly because we had been planning it for almost a year, partly because we needed a break, and partly to experience WDW during a pandemic with the limited offerings and safety measures so we have a frame of reference for any future trips. While we were glad to have gone, we have no reason to rush back anytime soon. While the lack of nighttime shows and parties could be influencing our decision, I think what bothered us more was the rather recent (at the time) expanded hours, QS offerings, etc. reserved for weekends (Fri-Sun). We usually go for 9-11 days trips, with most of these falling on weekdays - so that fact that most of our days would have fewer park hours and QS choices (especially those at the EPCOT festival food booths) puts a damper on our returning for an extended trip anytime soon.

Similar thoughts over here. We came in November and had a great time but I’m not sure how eager I am to return unless they expand offerings. I’m aiming for summer with the hopes things will be better but if hours/experiences are still really limited... I might wait.

Like even staying on site is a let down... no bags picked up via magical express, no resort package delivery... it’s those little things too. I was bummed about that.

This story was on twitter earlier this week. I don’t believe they’ve confirmed whether or not he had covid yet. Also hard to say where he would have got it and how long he may have had it.
FWIW The report is a passenger in the vicinity of the passenger claimed to have heard the passengers wife tell EMTs her husband had tested positive and had symptoms including loss of taste and smell.

I don't think there is a Covid exception to HIPPA. I'd be surprised if we get an official statement, either way. I have no doubt other passengers, if contacted--contact tracing, will go public.

The rest of the world uses 1m or 3 feet not six.

Also ventilation is found to be more important than masks or distancing. There is no scientific basis to sit people six feet apart on a fast moving outdoor rides. Airplanes aren’t having outbreaks and they are all in a steel tube less than even 2 feet apart.
Not true. Uk it’s 2 meters, or 1+ with masks or dividers/shields. I think quite a few countries focus on it should be 2m where possible.

Damn I was hoping social distancing on lines would be something that would last forever. I hate when they cram me up a strangers *** pandemic or not. TRASH

Social distancing is still happening in lines.

Ride vehicles are launching single party per row every row filled for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter