Cruising the Dream on our 1st cruise ever!!! (5 Night Double Dip)

You did such a great job with your report! I really appreciate that you took so much time to notice details with animals, plants, etc... We tend to be on the move, and often don't pay attention to these details as much, so I admire how well you documented them!

OMG - that little hog is SO cute! What a treat!

You've really done an amazing job with all your pictures. How many did you take? I'm guessing at least 3000.

Thank you so much :goodvibes

Oh no, only about 1700. :) I feel like I've really slacked in the picture department on prior trips. I've been to so many places around the world and some countries I have no proof of. This year I guess I realized how much I would have appreciated having more pictures to remember things with. So when I went to Cozumel in February I took oodles of pictures and started keeping a vacation journal. I really want to keep up with the journals, I thoroughly enjoy re-reading them.

All of your pics at AKL are amazing:thumbsup2 I've only been there once...to eat dinner at Boma and walk around the lobby&gift shop ..but your photos certainly have me wanting to visit again. What a beautiful resort.

Thank you so much :goodvibes

It has quickly become my very favorite resort. I agree, I think it's just so beautiful. I have three WDW trips scheduled right now, and two of them I'll be returning to Jambo House. I am just in love with the place.

How nice that you got one last look at the hogs on your last day and so close too! Those are wonderful pictures!

This trip I was in hog heaven :cloud9: I couldn't have asked for anything more, and watched that beautiful hog until it was gone from view. I couldn't bear to leave until I couldn't see it any longer.

You did such a great job with your report! I really appreciate that you took so much time to notice details with animals, plants, etc... We tend to be on the move, and often don't pay attention to these details as much, so I admire how well you documented them!

Thank you thank you! Don't leave yet, there's one more update. I'm still waiting on my Internet to go back up. We had power outages in the area, and they're working on things. I didn't think the Internet had anything to do with the power but I hope they get it up and running soon.

You're most welcome, I love all the details and glad I could share :) I was constantly amazed at the details on the ship. Disney is just downright amazing!

I wanted to share some exciting news. I just booked a cruise on the Magic this morning. :banana: It's the exact itinerary as the cruise we just did, and as far as I can tell, it's the only double dip in 2013. ( 10/20/13 ) I could be wrong, but even so, I decided to go for it. I'm really excited to see the differences between the newer and older ships.

I wanted to share some exciting news. I just booked a cruise on the Magic this morning. :banana: It's the exact itinerary as the cruise we just did, and as far as I can tell, it's the only double dip in 2013. ( 10/20/13 ) I could be wrong, but even so, I decided to go for it. I'm really excited to see the differences between the newer and older ships.

Congratulations. I am considering booking this cruise, too. I can't wait to see what they do to the Magic during her extended dry dock. The double dip is also a serious temptation. Our very first cruise should have had a near identical itinerary (out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami), but as we were surrounded by three tropical storms/ hurricanes, we only made one stop at Castaway Cay. Graham is quite optimistic that he would not get bored in the Everglades for 5 nights. We just have to figure out how we get from Miami to Orlando after the cruise.

Corinna

Congratulations. I am considering booking this cruise, too. I can't wait to see what they do to the Magic during her extended dry dock. The double dip is also a serious temptation. Our very first cruise should have had a near identical itinerary (out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami), but as we were surrounded by three tropical storms/ hurricanes, we only made one stop at Castaway Cay. Graham is quite optimistic that he would not get bored in the Everglades for 5 nights. We just have to figure out how we get from Miami to Orlando after the cruise.

Corinna

What fun that would be :) I would be so torn if I was Graham, the fun excitement of seeing the Everglades or going on a cruise. What decisions to make! The double dip is absolutely the reason I booked it. CC was so relaxing and wonderful. Despite the storms I'm glad you were still able to get there on your first cruise. I feel so bad when I hear people miss their only stop. Miami to Orlando should be a short and cheap flight.

How cool!! You will love the Magic! I was nervous (as you may recall) about cruising on the Magic after sailing the Dream and was I wrong! We loved the Magic and would sail her again in a heartbeat. My DH liked her better than the Dream.We liked her so much we are sailing her again next month on the week-end cruise out of NYC. I can only imagine how much more beautiful she will be after her drydock when you sail.

How cool!! You will love the Magic! I was nervous (as you may recall) about cruising on the Magic after sailing the Dream and was I wrong! We loved the Magic and would sail her again in a heartbeat. My DH liked her better than the Dream.We liked her so much we are sailing her again next month on the week-end cruise out of NYC. I can only imagine how much more beautiful she will be after her drydock when you sail.

Thank you :) I did notice you added that one, very exciting :) can I ask why your DH liked the Magic better? I love to hear all the different opinions.

Thank you :) I did notice you added that one, very exciting :) can I ask why your DH liked the Magic better? I love to hear all the different opinions.

My DH liked the smaller size of the Magic and felt that the dining room servers were so much more attentive than on the Dream (maybe because the dining rooms are smaller?) He also liked getting from our room (deck 6) to anywhere on the ship in no time flat. We rarely took the elevators unless we felt really lazy:lmao: I also enjoyed the more intimate feeling of the Magic but I do love the Dream as well.

My DH liked the smaller size of the Magic and felt that the dining room servers were so much more attentive than on the Dream (maybe because the dining rooms are smaller?) He also liked getting from our room (deck 6) to anywhere on the ship in no time flat. We rarely took the elevators unless we felt really lazy:lmao: I also enjoyed the more intimate feeling of the Magic but I do love the Dream as well.

Thsnk you :) I've heard many people like the same things. Makes me very excited I'll be going. I was hoping your fears would be unfounded, I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip :)

What fun that would be :) I would be so torn if I was Graham, the fun excitement of seeing the Everglades or going on a cruise. What decisions to make! The double dip is absolutely the reason I booked it. CC was so relaxing and wonderful. Despite the storms I'm glad you were still able to get there on your first cruise. I feel so bad when I hear people miss their only stop. Miami to Orlando should be a short and cheap flight.

I don't think he will be torn in the slightest. The Everglades have been on his bucket list for a long time and he does not really want to do any short cruises anymore. I have to say I even find 7 night cruises too short now after we have done a bunch of long cruises, but I figure I rather do a short cruise then no cruise at all.

I did a bit of research earlier on and there are two daily trains from Miami to Orlando. I checked the prices for this October and it is only $41 per person. So this is probably the way to go for us.

Corinna

I don't think he will be torn in the slightest. The Everglades have been on his bucket list for a long time and he does not really want to do any short cruises anymore. I have to say I even find 7 night cruises too short now after we have done a bunch of long cruises, but I figure I rather do a short cruise then no cruise at all.

I did a bit of research earlier on and there are two daily trains from Miami to Orlando. I checked the prices for this October and it is only $41 per person. So this is probably the way to go for us.

Corinna

You can't beat that, that's a great price.

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121657.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121658.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121656.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121655.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121678.jpg

The top right room was ours, and a fabulous location.

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121669.jpg

We managed to tear ourselves away from the animals, something it seems I made myself do many times this trip, and headed towards the pool.

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121642.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121643.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121680.jpg

some details around the resort

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121681.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121682.jpg

Heading into the pool area

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121683-1.jpg

I don't know if you can tell but it looked like a seed pod or flower was opening up in the middle of this plant.

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121684.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121685.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121686.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121691.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121687-1.jpg

DisneyDreamandJamboHouse20121688-1.jpg

Around 5:40 we found some lounge chairs in the sun and relaxed for an hour while waiting for our DME pickup. I caught up in my journal and we munched on some pringles we hadn't gotten to yet. My throat still wasn't hurting too bad, but every so often when I swallowed I had some pain so was worried I was coming down with something. At some point I went and got our bag from bell services where they absolutely would not take a tip from me. Apparently there are two different types of CMs, the ones that stay at the counter are not allowed to take tips but the ones who deliver your bags to your room are.

Around 6:45 we sadly headed up to the meeting point where George from Haiti showed up right on time at 7:05. We were the only ones on the bus until we picked up another family at All Star Movies. We had a very pleasant ride to the airport, but let me tell you, George was a chatter.

At the airport we stopped in the Disney Store where we surprisingly didn't buy anything. I was steadily feeling worse and worse so stopped and purchased some Dayquil, which helped only a little. I very quickly took a turn for the worse and while waiting for our plane was very out of sorts. Chills, vertigo, very sore throat. It was not the best way to end the trip but I'm so glad it waited until that last evening to take full effect. It would have been doubly worse to lose the last day to sickness.

There were only 34 people on our flight so we were able to have a full row to ourselves which was very nice. Try as I might I was unable to sleep which made the flight seem very long since I was heading downhill fast. I managed to kill some time looking at all my photos which helped. I was actually sick for a good 10 days after getting home, so it probably wasn't mom's germs but some other ones I came across. Even so, it was an absolutely fabulous vacation. I can not express enough how much we enjoyed the cruise, it was above and beyond all my expectations. The Jambo House leg of the trip was fabulous as well but in a totally different way.

Thank you all so much for joining me on this journey. I really enjoyed sharing it and it really helped with the post Disney blues :) I'll be back with some last thoughts and tips if anyone is interested.

Sorry that your trip ended with you being sick!

Thanks you soooo much for doing this TR! I thoroughly enjoyed all of your pics and details.

Sorry that your trip ended with you being sick!

Thanks you soooo much for doing this TR! I thoroughly enjoyed all of your pics and details.

Thank you so much for reading, I had such fun writing it. :)

It wasn't the best way to end the trip that's for sure, but I'm so glad I didn't lose any vacation days.

Thanks for such a great report! Sorry you got sick on the way home, but as you said at least it waited until you got to the airport.

So glad you have future trips to look forward to!

Thanks for such a great report! Sorry you got sick on the way home, but as you said at least it waited until you got to the airport.

So glad you have future trips to look forward to!

Thank you :) Thanks so much for following along :)

I was just amazed how fast the sickness took over. I had a similar bout the month before when I went to Cozumel, so when I came back from a second trip in less than two months sick again, I was told I shouldn't go on any more vacations :laughing:

Ever since buying DVC it seems vacations are always at the forefront of my mind. I've become obsessed!

Very enjoyable TR..thanks for writing it and all the wonderful photos! That's too bad you got so sick on the last day. Very cool that you have some great new trips in the works:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter