CRV is a fact, according to Mouseplanet

A little fuel to the fire here...

While at the world back in June I was told by a CM (who will remain nameless) that CRV is a definate. He expanded further and said that it will be on the Epcot monorail which will be further expanded to include MGM as well in the near future. I asked what other rumors or insider plans he might want to share and he said that he had heard rumor (among higher up CM's) that BC & BW would be getting monorails on the Epcot/MGM loop but had guestimated that wouldnt be until 2010 or later.

While at the world back in June I was told by a CM (who will remain nameless) that CRV is a definate. He expanded further and said that it will be on the Epcot monorail which will be further expanded to include MGM as well in the near future. I asked what other rumors or insider plans he might want to share and he said that he had heard rumor (among higher up CM's) that BC & BW would be getting monorails on the Epcot/MGM loop but had guestimated that wouldnt be until 2010 or later.

I would so love to see the monorail extended...but based on the numbers and the research done over the past years, I fear that this truly is pie-in-the-sky rumor and wishful thinking. Extending the monorail is way too expensive...plus, the logistics of the paths/tracks/stops, etc. would mean that a monorail trip could take 45 minutes....

Just as a reminder:

"Disney Vacation Club Development, Inc. operators of Disney Vacation Club announced today that, subject to approvals, it intends to open a 600-unit Disney Vacation Club Resort along Disney's Eagle Pines Course at Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club.
The yet to be named resort, which Walk Disney Imagineering will create, is scheduled to open spring/summer 2004 and will feature an inn building with a check in area, a restaurant/lounge, a themed pool with a slide, retail space, a health club and villa buildings containing vacation home accommodations."
* 61 acres
* the 7th DVC
* opening in phases
* Spanish revival architecture of Addison Mizner,
a 20th century architect

A foot note says the Beach Club DVC is "now scheduled to open in September 2002"

See: http://www.disboards.com/archive/index.php/t-65369.html

Another quote from that thread :

1. Eagle Pines Villas are not a rumor, I reported the roads staked out back in May. Thought they might be headed to OR instead of EP.

2. For Dell and those familiar with EP golf course - construction is already underway. (Yes, we have to golf around it.) New tees have been built for holes 9 and 11 to make room for the road back to the villas. Both have been moved to the right of the cart paths. Pretty much takes the water out of play on 11 - makes it an easier (and lesser) hole.

Announcements mean nothing, heck, even construction means nothing. But, hey, my fingers are still crossed.

Good points, for sure.

But on the flip side....I don't think any foundation work, or utility work, was ever done for Eagle pines, either.

I think we KNOW something is going to be built this time....because they're not going to pay to drop footers, bring in sewer access, and bring in other utility access, as well as do the extensive site prep they are currently doing unless they intend to build something (barring a "pop century" type reversal due to catastrophic change in the industry).

The rest, of course, you're dead right on: It's speculation. I tend to think it's mostly, if not entirely, DVC. Others think a more even mixed-use facility. But I think we can all agree it's "something" other than a parking lot.

I would so love to see the monorail extended...but based on the numbers and the research done over the past years, I fear that this truly is pie-in-the-sky rumor and wishful thinking. Extending the monorail is way too expensive...plus, the logistics of the paths/tracks/stops, etc. would mean that a monorail trip could take 45 minutes....

We'll see light rail LONG before we see a monorail extension, IMHO. The monorail extension would require TOO much of an investment to provide a service currently done very efficiently (from a cost and time standpoint) by bus. I'm not sure the monorails could match, based on a dollars to increased efficiency standpoint, that number.

I think the days of monorail extensions are basically over...but we'll see what the future brings.

While at the world back in June I was told by a CM (who will remain nameless) that CRV is a definate. He expanded further and said that it will be on the Epcot monorail which will be further expanded to include MGM as well in the near future.

are you talking 2 DVC resorts?

CRV (if the new building going up next to CR is indeed CRV) is on the MK monrail. which connects with the Epcot monrail.

so CRV already connects with the Epcot monrail.

they already say no connection is necessary for Studios (disney not mgm) because of the boat connection it has to Epcot and its monrail. I know several of us would disagree here.

now AK definitely needs something. but hoping for at least light rail!

Actually, Mouseplanet.com has been reporting it as a DVC for the past year now. At least in there Monday park updates. All of there reports about the construction have referred to it as the Contemporary Resort Villas. Maybe they know something we don't.

hey I am more interested in that other rumor. that maybe some of the Cont - the suites might be converted as well.

then it could be up and selling next year. despite that building won't be finished until 2009 or 2010.

I really think that the CR is the only thing around (besides the Polyn) that could take some pressure off of the BCV. but it won't remove of all of it. some dvcers simply prefer Epcot to the MK. I did - but I am back loving MK again. Of course I am a night show person and I definitely prefer wishes to illiuinations.
party time!:banana: :cheer2:

I preferred MK this past trip, too, in spite of the fact that Epcot has been my favorite for 20 years. Why is that? I have also switched from Illuminations as my favorite to Wishes. And I've finally gotten over losing Main Street Electrical Parade, although I'll never forget that tune.

(My wife still despises WDW, which I think is part of her general program to disagree with me on everything. I'm planning to do my next trip to WDW without her and either bring kids or friends or both.)

Bottom line, I'm seriously thinking about CRV points. Some of my current investments would have to do real well, though -- or I would have to get into the rental game. :eek: :rolleyes1 :eek: :rolleyes1 And I would have to swing some kind of pact with DW..... :rolleyes: On second thought it may just be better to keep the OKW points and pay for the CR every few years.

I'm glad I have a year or two to think about it. I hope. I'd like to get in on the tapestry if we're gonna buy.

Since this rumor gave such a ridiculous premise, that it would be on the EPCOT monorail, only reduces it to the status of speculation to me!

Since this rumor gave such a ridiculous premise, that it would be on the EPCOT monorail, only reduces it to the status of speculation to me!
There is the rumored STOLV, which would be on the monorail line. Maybe that's what they were thinking of.

hey I am more interested in that other rumor. that maybe some of the Cont - the suites might be converted as well
This is just my own opinion but I don't see them changing the suites on the Tower Club to more DVC rooms, because whatever renovation they would do might interfere with guests staying in the standard rooms on that floor and the fact that with all the Club Level services they offer could cost DVC members more points to stay up there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter