Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

VDH current UY is March or April, so you would sell back 2023 points and plan vacation for 2025 mostly... not a magical beginning :)
You can request different use years and don't have to accept the use year they offer to you first. I was originally going to be given a June UY and then I convinced my guide to change my UY to April within the 10 day period of signing. Although since it's the opening year of VDH they don't have prior years of points to sell back.

VDH current UY is March or April, so you would sell back 2023 points and plan vacation for 2025 mostly... not a magical beginning :)

That is not accurate. You are selling them 2023 which means next set of points for use are for a March 2024 UY.

But an owner can borrow 2024 points today for a trip between now and Feb 29th, 2024. So, if I was an owners there, I can travel next month if I wanted,

And, if I didn’t want to borrow, I could travel as soon as March 2024…which is just 7 months away.. There is no waiting to to travel.

I assumed this is what would happen but how does it get unwound if the points have been used by Disney? The points would have been banked into 2023 since it was an August UY. Theoretically they could have been used already but maybe they are kept separate until the contracts have closed to prevent any issues. Or does it not matter since Disney would have access to these points if the contract was never sold anyway?

DVD simply cancels the contract for the buyer,,.,,so it does not matter what happened with those points..whether they were used,,,or they then get banked…the points are DVDs.

That is not accurate. You are selling them 2023 which means next set of points for use are for a March 2024 UY.

But an owner can borrow 2024 points today for a trip between now and Feb 29th, 2024. So, if I was an owners there, I can travel next month if I wanted,

And, if I didn’t want to borrow, I could travel as soon as March 2024…which is just 7 months away.. There is no waiting to to travel.
in case there is availability for your dates, generally dont you want to make reservation 11-7 months ahead?

in case there is availability for your dates, generally dont you want to make reservation 11-7 months ahead?

Absolutely it’s helpful to do that! But nothing prevents someone from booking short notice if there are rooms.

And, with a new buyer direct, DVC does give welcome home trip help and can many times get owners a room from their own inventory that isn’t there any longer for others.

Just didn’t want you to think that selling back 2023 points impacts travel from happening when you want to go prior to a March since you can borrow.

And, remember, when one books doesn’t play a role in which points get used. It’s all based on the UY of the trip.

One doesn’t have to wait until the UY begins to book . I can go in today and could book a July 2024 trip with March 2024 points which is 11 months away…or go in today and book a 7 month booking for March 2024 trip.

Selling they 2023 points doesn’t change that.

Absolutely it’s helpful to do that! But nothing prevents someone from booking short notice if there are rooms.

And, with a new buyer direct, DVC does give welcome home trip help and can many times get owners a room from their own inventory that isn’t there any longer for others.

Just didn’t want you to think that selling back 2023 points impacts travel from happening when you want to go prior to a March since you can borrow.

And, remember, when one books doesn’t play a role in which points get used. It’s all based on the UY of the trip.

One doesn’t have to wait until the UY begins to book . I can go in today and could book a July 2024 trip with March 2024 points which is 11 months away…or go in today and book a 7 month booking for March 2024 trip.

Selling they 2023 points doesn’t change that.
Regardless, using MB does have an impact. If you just look at 150 points and 40 vs. 39 years, essentially, over the remaining life of the contract, you are purchasing 5,850 points from DVD instead of 6,000.

Regardless, using MB does have an impact. If you just look at 150 points and 40 vs. 39 years, essentially, over the remaining life of the contract, you are purchasing 5,850 points from DVD instead of 6,000.

I was talking specifically regarding booking as the person said selling back 2023 points with a March UY meant someone would not be able to travel until 2025.

My post had nothing to do with value. Just that selling the 2023 points does not impact when one can travel as they have access to the 2024 points today to borrow for trips in the 2023 UY or have them for trips starting March 2024.

That makes selling back the points even better in a way. Starting with Mar 2024 you don’t have to stress trying to find something at 4 or 5 months out. Right off the bat you can look what trading availability exists for March, and what your home resort has for late March thru the end of July, and book it.

So even though it sounds like a long way off waiting to use 2024 points, you could this week without even borrowing, and right in the good window for DVC availability.

Actually the difference between selling back 2022 and 2023 points is 41 and 40 years respectively.

In June we bought VGF Sept UY and sold back 2022’s points with MB. Still have 41 years of points left. If we waited to buy around Sept 11 to straddle the incentives, I would no longer have access to 2022’s points, could’ve sold back 2023’s and had 40 yrs of points left.

So I got the $3300 rebate on 150pts from 2022, and each year 2023 through 2064* I get 150pts. 41 years worth.

*eta- expiration is Jan 31, 2064. But still works out to 41 yrs of points, starting 2023 up to and including 2063.

Actually the difference between selling back 2022 and 2023 points is 41 and 40 years respectively.

In June we bought VGF Sept UY and sold back 2022’s points with MB. Still have 41 years of points left. If we waited to buy around Sept 11 to straddle the incentives, I would no longer have access to 2022’s points, could’ve sold back 2023’s and had 40 yrs of points left.

So I got the $3300 rebate on 150pts from 2022, and each year 2023 through 2064* I get 150pts. 41 years worth.

*eta- expiration is Jan 31, 2064. But still works out to 41 yrs of points, starting 2023 up to and including 2063.
Updated. You bought 6,150 points instead of 6,300.

So...

Combine UY's and lose 2022 pts for MB (rent back 2023), or do 2 UY's and gain the 2022 pts? Im leaning towards simplicity over an extra years pts TBH. But wanted to hear opinions. Our current UY is June and we dont "NEED" the 2023 pts per se.

So...

Combine UY's and lose 2022 pts for MB (rent back 2023), or do 2 UY's and gain the 2022 pts? Im leaning towards simplicity over an extra years pts TBH. But wanted to hear opinions. Our current UY is June and we dont "NEED" the 2023 pts per se.
I had the same issue and chose a separate UY. No way I was giving up a years worth of points! Reduced my purchase price by quite a bit and ultimately paid my down payment & closing in full

So...

Personally if you already own at the resort, I’d just opt for the same use year. It really does make using the points that much easier to use. If you’re planning to buy more points down the line and have a healthy amount of points in each then it makes more of an argument for owning both UY.

Personally if you already own at the resort, I’d just opt for the same use year. It really does make using the points that much easier to use. If you’re planning to buy more points down the line and have a healthy amount of points in each then it makes more of an argument for owning both UY.

would potentially be 150 at BWV (resale) and 150 at VGF or RIV if we can gather the guts to buy direct before the summer deal deadline.

would potentially be 150 at BWV (resale) and 150 at VGF or RIV if we can gather the guts to buy direct before the summer deal deadline.
I spoke with our Guide today and she said you just need to have a conversation with your Guide about taking this deal before the deadline (then the Guide notes it in your file). Not sure how long past the 12th they could still clawback the previous incentives, but might buy you some extra time.

Also, you can get the docs drafted and sit on them for weeks before signing to make sure you get the deal and then give yourself extra time to figure out if you want to proceed.

If you don’t mind split stays, using transfers, or just booking some nights on one membership and some on the other for your 7 month bookings, and have travel times that work well with two UYs, it’s worth the consideration

If that’s the case it probably matters less that they’re in the same UY as I imagine the BWV points will strictly be used as BWV points. Nobody buys GCV to use anywhere but GCV. Different resort, same concept. I own 2 separate UYs because I couldn’t resist the allure of a sub dues Aulani and it works fine.

I spoke with our Guide today and she said you just need to have a conversation with your Guide about taking this deal before the deadline (then the Guide notes it in your file). Not sure how long past the 12th they could still clawback the previous incentives, but might buy you some extra time.

Also, you can get the docs drafted and sit on them for weeks before signing to make sure you get the deal and then give yourself extra time to figure out if you want to proceed.

Yup. Got all that covered. Extracting $$ from my wallet is the tougher part :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter