~Dani and Bryan's Hopefully Fairy Tale Wedding on a Budget PJ and almost TR 12/5/10

Dani sweetie - These photos are breathtaking!!! You must be so thrilled with them!!!
I am so sorry that you are having so many health issues and for the amount of money it is going to cost you!!! Makes me grateful that, here in the UK, we don't have to worry about the cost of our healthcare (not at the point of delivery anyhow!!!)

Hi Dani,

You're photos are beautiful, love the group shots on the beach!

How did you find having so many (wasn't it 4,087 at one point?!?) bridesmaids on the day? Did you have lots of people to help you, or lots of people to get in the way!?!?!? :rotfl:

Looking forward to seeing more reception shots popcorn::

Sorry to hear about more health problems though - hope everything gets better soon.

Your pictures are beautiful. Everything looks so wonderful, and those two little guys look adorable in their tuxes.

I hope you heal fast and feel better soon. I can't wait to see more photos!

Hi All-

Thanks for the kind comments! I appreciate it!

The bridesmaid thing I would do all over again. I would have just my sister and sister in law. I made the mistake of telling them to pick any black shoes they wanted and any hair style they wanted. I got more questions about that than I did anything else. At one point my hair dresser told me to tell them to leave me alone and pick what they wanted. I know they were trying to please me but I guess I should have picked their hair. It was chaos but it was fun. I just didn't like that I am not really close to them anymore. I jumped the gun on asking people far too soon. I also did not like how it looked on the altar, and that the group shots are SO far away-they have to be to get all of us in there :) I keep focusing on it and there is nothing I can do now. Live and learn I guess.

More to come!
D

Great pictures! I'm sorry about your foot (although it did give you time to show us pictures :) )

I didn't get to GMR until 2001 but if you ever came back to visit, maybe I saw you then. It's a completely different place now..I miss the old GMR. And my fiance went to CSU from 1997-2002.

Hi All-

Was anyone able to view the pictures? I wanted to make sure they work!

I have been doing well not thinking about the wedding lately and focusing on the other crazy parts of my life but today I different. Not sure why. Some of our pictures were posted on the Root's blog yesterday and it was a short post. I guess I expected them to say something about aspects of the wedding or post pics that were not in the preview on their site. Of course I am paranoid and think they just didn't like us or they thought our wedding was blah. I have issues. I am also insanely jealous that on the Disney Wedding Blog they have people who write about their weddings. I so wish I could have done that on here, and on there. What the heck is wrong with me today? Seriously?!

Bryan is headed to Europe next week which means no kids and nothing planned so it is my goal to write about the wedding (even though it feels light years behind me). Most people are probably not that interested anymore, but maybe it will provide some insight to those who are-perhaps I can share what I would have changed, what I would have excluded, and what I have zero regrets about.

I will work on bringing funny Dani back, and try and put Dani Downer away.

Hope all is well!
D

I'm very interested in hearing everything about your wedding. Especially what you would have changed, would have excluded and happy you did. I'm still following along and hope you have a better day!!

Dani ~ I just wanted to say you were a BEAUTIFUL bride!!

I was able to view the pictures from your Welcome dinner and all other ones too and thought they were very nice! The red was such a pop of color with the black, very elegent looking!

Sorry to read you broke your foot again! :scared1:

Even though I've been married going on 34 years this month :scared1: I enjoy looking at the Wedding Forum here! My DD is 23 and not married yet, so you never know!! (she loves, loves, loves DW too!) DH and I did honeymoon in DW 34 years ago and back then, there was just the MK! We've been many times since and took our 2 kids a handful of times and are going back in Sept....can't wait!!

Hello!

Thanks for the compliments on the pictures! I appreciate it! I have been sorting them, deciding which ones to frame, and of course I got in my post wedding funk again (uh, its been 4 months, get over it Dani). I keep thinking of the things I would have changed, what I wish I did or did not do, etc. I have a running list in my head and I will share that soon. I am so bad lately.

On a completely random note, here is a picture of the new Beast Castle in Fantasyland. Sorry if this offends, but doesn't the left side of it, look a little, um, phallic? Interesting....

http://static.attractionsmagazine.com/wp-uploads/2011/04/realclose.jpg

Have a great day!
D

I have to agree with you on the castle, LOL!

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! I read your blog and you are so funny! I can't wait to read more!

I have to agree about the castle, too.:laughing: An unfortunate side effect of the architecture.

Hi Dani:

Love love love your pictures!! You have a lot of really special and beautiful pictures there!! I know you said you weren't really happy with the fireworks ones, but I think there are some great ones in there too.

How's your foot doing?

Don't want to send you into a post wedding funk, just wanted to let you know that there are still people out here interested in hearing more about your wedding trip and your honey moon trip too.

Take Care,
Brooke

Hello!

Is this thing still on? Hello? :)

It has been a long time. Even with the broken foot, did I sit down and write? Nope. Sure didn't. Right now I am in the midst of having a scrapbooking sale. I think I mentioned it before but I worked at a scrapbook company in NJ-it was my dream job but then in a week's time, I got dumped on the curb (literally) by my ex of 8 years, and then a week later I got laid off. Point of me telling you this? I have an addiction to paper, stickers, ribbon, cards, etc. I need to sell some of it (As in 10% or so). People walk into the garage and say WHY are you getting rid of all your stuff?! Oh sweet, naive people. You have not seen my basement, or craft room, or storage room. This is nothing. But please, buy it. Problem is....no one is coming today. Yesterday I was surprised people showed up. People said they would post it on FB, tell the world, but apparently no one did because no one is here. Sadness. I am hoping that by writing, a huge semi truck full of people eager to buy expensive stickers at ridiculously low prices will show up. How awesome would that be? The semi pulls up, and out pours tons of crafters all with small bills, eagerly awaiting the purchase of my stuff. Not only would that be funny to see, it would benefit the empty Brinks Home Security cash box I have sitting in front of me. Come on crafters! Someone just did a drive by. They are turning around. Let's hope they buy stuff. A lot of stuff. They have a mini van. Is it full of crafters....no. Just kids. Darn it. Oh, and it turns out it is my old hairdresser that I broke up with. Ironic. Still hope she buys stuff.

Back to wedding stuff. Let's talk the royal wedding. WHY was there not that much fan fare over our wedding? Seriously, we are cool. Kate is way prettier than me and FAR more stylish but I could have been a princess (not when I worked at Disney though-way too tall. Still bitter about that.) They had horses, and people with ugly hats, but did they have Mickey and Minnie come to their wedding? I think not.

With all the wedding talk the funk is back so what do I decide to do? Watch the slow motion clip the videographer sent me. Yep, that will cure the post wedding blues. It was to some random song I never heard of. He needed my approval on it, and I agonized on which song to pick and I realized, it does not really matter. How many times am I going to watch it? Bryan said we should switch to ACDC "She Shook Me All Night Long." I think I will stick with what we have.

So since some of you (Well, Brooke :) asked how my foot was, the boot is off. I was still having a lot of pain when I went in for the follow up XRay but NOT where I broke it so they saw the picture and said I had bursitis. He said he could get rid of it, I said sure, and I was thinking medicine. Nope-shot in the top of the foot near the bone. Now THAT was a party. :eek: So the foot issue is clear. No clearing up of the ear issue, and the brain fog is getting worse. Braces are still on and I went from the large "penguin" rubber bands and graduated to the super small, thick and tight "Impala" rubber bands. Ah, the pain but it is moving the jaw so I hope that helps in the long run.

Alright, enough about random junk that people probably do not care about. This IS a wedding board. I will get around to writing about the honeymoon someday, probably on my own blog though since I feel bad writing it here. But hey, no one has to read it if they dont want to I guess.

I have been dreading talking about it. I have, but I am going to just do it and stop thinking about how I need to actually talk about a wedding on a wedding board. If anyone one is still reading, thank you! So here we go.

I am just going to ramble like I always do, with no real rhyme or reason to my thoughts. I am SO the dog in Up who will be talking and then say SQUIRREL! Yep, that is me. Hopefully I will remember things since the brain fog has been awful. I have talks with people and 30 minutes later I have no recollection of it. I will need to refer to the pictures. Speaking of pictures, thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it! I will probably have to post some here too so you know what I am referring to when I complain or compliment!:)

Welcome Dinner:

I think I already ranted about that but of course I have thought about it more and if I said all this already, I apologize (and I am just too lazy to go back and look). I so wish I could do bullet points on here. I call them Skittles, less violent that way, and I see you can do it, but it is not working for me. So I will make my own. Being Dani Downer I will start with what I would change:

The "Yeah, I don't think I would have done that if I had to do it all over again "list:

*Have the dinner outside. There was NO way to know the weather was going to be so cold but we had the option and I would have moved it inside. It was not my function (in terms of my parents paying for it) so I had Bryan make the decision therefore I feel less guilty. Evil, I know.

*I wish I would have looked at the site before I decided to have it at the GF Marina. No one knew where it was, I had no idea what it looked like until the night we got there and it was SO dark. Looking back at the wedding, I am pleased with where everything was but now that I see other people's pictures, I would have loved to explore other options.

Shoot, I started to get going and now I have to go find the charger to my computer. At least tomorrow is another day of sitting here with no customers so I will be able to write. Have a great Saturday!

Dani

Hi Dani...just wanted to let you know I am still reading and looking forward to you writing about your day. I LOL-ed at the post about your photographers and what they wrote about you on their blog. When ours posted our engagement pictures, they didn't write much about us and I sat there thinking "Do they like us? They gush over their other couples...what's wrong with us?" I think I'm just reading too much into things :rotfl: BUT you got a triple feature on the Disney Wedding Blog recently! Congrats on that!

Edit: Oh! and where in NJ did you live? I'm currently stuck here :)

Hello again!

Still no customers but that means I can write some more. Yay!

I am in a major post wedding funk. We watched the movie You Again last night and it was about a wedding. Sadness. I tend to avoid things that upset me so I thought about avoiding writing again, but if I keep doing this, it is going to be 2015 by the time I get around to it. No, maybe 2020. Crazy to think that year is 9 years away. This brain fog thing is bad. I am out of it all the time. I don't remember things and even the wedding is a blur.

Wendy-my good friend Katie lives in Cranford! I was in Clifton near NYC. We will be in OC this summer for a few days since my husband's (Still weird to say that) grandparents still live in NJ. I have family in Philly so we will be making the rounds. I still think no one liked us based on their blog post. I was hoping for gushing words, but nope. Then again, I am one of many, many brides. I would like to think we are awesome. I would also like to know why I care so much about it :confused3 The Disney Wedding Blog thing was cool, but here is a little secret. My friend who I met here on the boards knew I was bummed about nothing being written on the Roots blog so she contacted Carly and sent her our wedding pictures so Carly posted them. It is very sweet of her to do that and I appreciate it, but it is because of my friend, not because Carly saw our stuff and thought WOW! That chick rocks! Let me post her stuff. But still, it was cool and it made me smile.

Back to the welcome dinner stuff. Like I said, I probably would have moved it inside. I would have looked at the location before hand. For some reason, when we were planning the whole thing, I was thinking it was going to be on the beach area. Not sure why I got that idea being that it was a marina but I thought water=beach. I just can't believe how dark it was where we were. It also annoyed me that we spent a ton of money to have the Wishes soundtrack music at the marina and people came and stood around us and got to hear it. Oh well! A little magical moment for them :laughing:

Now that I see the pictures I wish we would have just watched the fireworks instead of posing for the pictures that really did not turn out. Instead of having them come to the welcome dinner we should have stuck to the family session we planned on doing after the wedding. I say that but that would have been another day of something to plan. The boys were really sick and would they have cooperated? No. But we only have 2 pictures of the 4 of us at the wedding and it makes me sad.

As I was writing this I had a total meltdown. Tears, sobbing, everything. Bryan asked me if I was sad because no one was coming to my sale. Um, no, that is not it. It was sweet though. The wedding isn't the only thing I am sad about, it is other things too, but just thinking about it makes me sad. I told my friend I was sad about the wedding and some of the pictures and things I wish I did differently. She told me no one knew of anything that went wrong (nothing major did go wrong), the wedding was beautiful, everyone had a good time, and there is nothing I can do about it. True. I need to just get over it. But how does one do that? Do people have post wedding blues? You wait your whole life for this one day (I really didn't but then got caught up in it) and then bam, it is over. So sad. Man, I am a depressing person. So sorry!

Bottom line on the welcome dinner: I was glad we had everyone there. The food was good, I only found out later there were brownies and ice cream that were amazing....should have paid more attention....but then again, it was so dark you could not see anything!

I often think about what is really at the core issue of my sadness with the wedding being over? I really think it is wedding envy. I get angry at myself for rushing into the wedding because of my hatred of all things odd number related (no way would I get married in 2011 and I was not waiting until 2012 because I was 34 when I got married and did not want to wait until 36 just because of my weird number thing. On the other hand, the day was beautiful, I love Christmas so the decorations were amazing, I hate hot weather and humidity so December was perfect, and everyone was there to be at the wedding and to spend Bryan's birthday with him. OH and it was in an even year so it all worked out. So was it really how quickly we got married? No, because I know I wanted to marry him. We were already living together so it was not a big deal. What the real issue is, how fast I booked everything. I was sure things would fill up, vendors would be booked. I booked the first people I heard about without doing any real looking. Yes, I had someone booked for pictures and I was able to get out of that, but all I did was go with the only person I had heard of for video, and I got sucked into using the vendors many people used on here without really thinking about it. It was as if I were at a going out of business sale where there were no refunds, and everything was being sold and I just had to have it ASAP so no one else would snatch it up. Bad example, but maybe it makes sense. I was so worried someone else would get who I MIGHT want that I went ahead and booked them without really thinking. More about this later. Not complaining about my vendors-just saying I would have done things differently had I had more time.

On the other hand, maybe it is better that I didn't explore lots of ideas, locations, etc. It was all so simple, but is that better in the long run? Looking at the boards now, the wedding blogs, the photographers sites, etc. it all makes me sad and that is just not good. I have had to take extreme measures. I am rarely on here because I get too upset reading about other people's days. Yes, I am thrilled for them, but then I think why didn't I think about that? Why didn't I know about that? Then I perseverate on it when there is nothing I can do. I so need therapy :) I have also had to hide the Disney Blogs, Photographers Websites, etc. from my FB feed. I see a link to a wedding, see how much was written about them, see that they got the amazing photos I did not get and it all just makes me sad.

I hate that I am feeling this way. I hate that I am so negative (I will post what was fabulous!) I hate that I care so much. But I do. This is me. This is who I am. I am trying to change it, but looking at all the boards and blogs maybe gives me a thread to hang on to, but it is a bad thread. One that causes sadness.

Seriously, what is wrong with me? I would not read my posts if I were not me. I am a downer. Seriously. This will get better. I will get better on this journal. I hope. If you do still want to read, thanks.

More to come!

:hugs:

I wish I lived closer, as I would have loved to stop at your sale! Do you bay at all? Maybe scrapbook stuff will sell better on there?

Aw man, I wish I lived closer! I'm a scrapbook-a-holic too!

And an old Jersey girl huh? I'm still here myself!

Hi!

Jen-I went over to your PJ and if I were still in NJ I would so want to hang out with you! We seem alike in some ways and I am very excited for you. You were at Disney when we got married. Nice and freezing huh? We had the park shoot and it was 30 degrees. Brrrrr. I will read more of your PJ when I have some time.

I wish people came to the sale. A few people did. One lady pulled me aside and whispered "Are you a dealer?" I had to giggle because that sounded funny. No, just a hoarder of paper related things and sticky stuff (As in stickers!)

More to come!
D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter