~Dani and Bryan's Hopefully Fairy Tale Wedding on a Budget PJ and almost TR 12/5/10

So excited to be reading your trip report! You are such a great writer and I totally voted for you for best TR:mickeyjum Forget those negative comments for DISers, they have no place in your life.

I believe if you started up a blog again it would be high successful if you advertised it on here. You'd be transporting all your fans on the dis to it! Just and idea...

Can't wait to read more!

Wow! Time is flying by and I am so behind on this, and anything wedding related. How has 2.5 months gone by? How is the honeymoon over already? Lots of stuff happened on the honeymoon. Not sure if I should post it here since it is not Disney related.

I will write more when I have the time. I got my braces on and they are so painful. It would be ok if I did not have these sharp "buttons" on the inside of my teeth to tie rubber bands on to the bottom teeth. They are so sharp! My tongue is cut up. Awesome. I also have "shelfs" on the inside of my two front teeth so I don't clench my jaw. I am seriously hot.

More to come!
Dani

Wow! Time is flying by and I am so behind on this, and anything wedding related. How has 2.5 months gone by? How is the honeymoon over already? Lots of stuff happened on the honeymoon. Not sure if I should post it here since it is not Disney related.

I will write more when I have the time. I got my braces on and they are so painful. It would be ok if I did not have these sharp "buttons" on the inside of my teeth to tie rubber bands on to the bottom teeth. They are so sharp! My tongue is cut up. Awesome. I also have "shelfs" on the inside of my two front teeth so I don't clench my jaw. I am seriously hot.

More to come!
Dani

I can't wait to read more, I would love to hear about your honeymoon, as many people still would love to read it like me :goodvibes

I want to hear all about the wedding and the honeymoon!! The pain of the braces will eventually get better but it's really rough when they first go on.

More to come!
Dani

Definitely want to hear about the honeymoon!!!!!

Braces really do hurt when they are first on but it does get better. Did they give you the wax to put over the buttons? That stuff works wonders!!!

Yes, the wax is a real lifesaver! I had headgear with my braces (nerd alert!) so I had little tubes that poked out into my cheeks. I used the wax every day. Ask your ortho, they should give you some for free or maybe you can pick some up at a convenience/drug store.

Can't wait to hear about the honeymoon... Disney related or not!

The wax will help so much!! I remember at one point i pretty much covered all the braces in wax like a mouthguard, lol. whatever it takes for relief!

We absolutely want to hear all about the honeymoon -- that's part of the whole "wedding thing" as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sorry the braces hurt, I remember that and they SUCKED. The wax helps, but the first few weeks are awful as you get used to them, no getting around that unfortunately!

I hope you had a wonderful honeymoon that you can think about (and write about!!) when the braces are driving you crazy...

Brooke

Hi!

Seriously, where does the time go?! I went to see what was left on our registry and it said "87 days since your Happily Ever After." I laughed. Probably not good. It has not been an easy 87 days but that is part of being a "newlywed" I suppose. I hope.

With the braces, the dog regressing on potty training, the kids and STILL trying to figure out my ear issues (ENT #6 is on March 16th. Fingers crossed!) time keeps slipping by. It just hit me we have been married for 3 months already. How did that happen? We went on our honeymoon one month ago. How did that happen? Why do I keep saying that? :confused3

I am going through my wedding photos now. Oh, how I really, really need to focus on the positive and NOT the fact that several shots are missing that I wanted. I have some great ones. I need to embrace the bags under my eyes. The fact that no one told me my blush was a big blob on my cheek after I was crying. I am so negative, and I am trying. I really am, but after being that way for my entire life, it takes time. I really need to accept the fact the wedding is over, the honeymoon is over, and I have nothing to plan. Oh so sad. It all goes by in SUCH a blink of the eye. I am looking forward to getting our wedding video.

Bryan is going out of town so my hope is that when he is gone, I will take the time to sit down and really write. I need to. Badly. I am so sick of this fog, and I hope the braces help! It sure has helped me pick up men. Those 13 year old boys think I am HOT. Kidding. Seriously kidding. Don't call the cops on me. I don't pick up 13 year olds. Between the braces and the mini van I had to pick my parents up at the airport in....the men are like bees to honey around me. :cool1:

I am so sorry for not writing about the wedding. I have not even thought about it. I am looking at pictures right now wishing I could relive that day all over again.

If you are ok with it, I will post about the honeymoon. It will sound like I am being negative, I am sorry. It turned out not as we had planned. We wound up getting two free nights to use in the future but it has to be used within a year. I don't think we will be able to afford another vacation within a year! Fingers crossed for Disney in September though!

More to come :)
Dani

Dani,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading. I really appreciate your candor about all aspects of the wedding planning process. As someone who is having her dark moments through all of this, it really helps me to know that there is someone else who has/is going through it, too.

Dani,

Just checking in.....I was looking at your pics on FB and saw the pics from your welcome dinner, I can't remember if you posted where that was yet or not.....I am trying to figure out some idea of what to do for our welcome dinner, whether to have a DP or an actual dinner....can you have food during a dessert party, not just desserts? Did you have the music piped in for wishes? Well, can't wait to read more....:) Hey can you post the link again to your blog? I was reading it, and somehow lost it....Thanks!!

Hi! I just read your whole PJ and TR and cracked up! I absolutely LOVE how you write!

Side note: You look really familiar. Where did you do your disney CP at? I did mine at the All-Star and then I worked at the Great Movie Ride...wondering if I knew you from there. Or when did you graduate from CSU? My DF went there so maybe I've met you through him? (or maybe I'm crazy...entirely possible!)

odd question. What is wrong with your ear? I try to read your whole report but with all the same fonts it all blends in haha

I had ear issues for over a year and I went to a new doctor and he figured it out!

Hi Dani,

I have read your whole report today and wanted to say I have loved your pictures so far - can't see the wedding pics on IPad (stupid no flash!) but looking forward to reading your honeymoon and wedding reports.

Keep up your therapeutic writing!

Hey Dani, hope things look up! So sorry to hear about your honeymoon, that just means you have to go on another one ASAP and disney in sept sounds perfect! Your writing is amazing and engaging! Your are also a strong woman and I know you will pull through! Keep it up :thumbsup2

Hello Friends!

Wow, I had no idea anyone even posted. I came to the page and there were more posts. For some reason the notifications are no longer working for me. So sorry!

I think, but I am not sure, that I told you I broke my left foot last year on my first trip to Washington, had a boot on for 8 weeks, then the day after I got the boot off, I fell down the stairs and broke the other foot. They said I should do physical therapy but I did not listen to them. Well on Saturday I went to my sisters house to stay the night, and Bryan went to bed 10 minutes before me. Both him and the boys were in different rooms in the basement, so I grabbed the puppy and headed downstairs. Well, he did not leave the light on like Motel 6 would have, and I thought I could deal with it. I did not want to turn on a light and disturb him if he was asleep (granted, it had only been 10 minutes but this man falls asleep in no time) I misjudged the steps and fell. My left foot rolled to the left. I fell down, was in a lot of pain, but still went to bed. It swelled overnight and bruised so I thought it might just be a sprained ankle. Bryan asked if it still hurt and said to go to the urgent care place (we were not by our house) so I thought ok, I will go to ease my mind although I was having severe anxiety over the cost as we have not met our deductible and in the past week I had to see another ENT, go to get a CT scan and was told to go to a physical therapist. I also learned all of the doctors appointment I have had will be charged at full price since we have not met the deductible, but what can I do?

Thankfully I was seen right away. The nurse took me in, I told her what happened, and then she called the doctor in. As I was talking to him, I noticed the picture on the calendar was of Bellingham Washington-the first place I broke my foot. Ironic. He ordered xrays, I went in, they took 4 and then she called out to me that it was broken. How fabulous was that? Never had someone tell me that right away-she even showed me the break. She said the dr needed to look over it. Well, he took over an hour. Seriously? The lady already told me it was broken. He came in and said yep, it is broken. He said I needed to get into an air cast right away and be on crutches. I told him I have them at home and would not get them again. He said that was a bad idea but seriously, who needs two air casts and two sets of crutches? Not me. All I had packed was high heeled slip ons. Bad choice. I hobbled around all day and then we went back to our town. I know it is awful, but I was so happy it was broken. My sister and Bryan thought I was being a drama queen. Take that people! The bad thing is I am free of kids all week-they are in Florida with their mom. I had plans of getting a lot accomplished this week. Not going to happen-BUT it does mean I can upload some pictures.

Instead of using photobucket, I uploaded to MSN. It gave me a link to share, so I hope, hope, hope that it works. I have thousands of pictures so I am going to not overwhelm you with all of them. When I get them all on the site, I will post all the links and then tell you about the actual day!

Oh, and belle2211-I did my CP at GMR. I graduated from CSU in 1998! Let me know if we have passed each other :)

As for my ear-I have a feeling of fullness and as if they are blocked. Nothing has worked. They said it is muscle tightness and said I need to go to PT to work on those muscles. I got a massage today and all he kept saying was "Holy Sh*t! These are the tightest neck muscles ever!" I am so sore, but if it gets rid of the problem, I would be thrilled. AmberHeartsDisney-What did the dr. Find out?! I got braces since most of them said it is the TMJ but we will see.

Alright, so here are the links. Fingers crossed you can see the pics through them!!!

Pre Ceremony:

https://cid-3f2379941530db98.skydri...sid=3F2379941530DB98!111&authkey=feoJ5RYHqj0$

Ceremony:

https://cid-3f2379941530db98.skydri...sid=3F2379941530DB98!282&authkey=2s2Z9kD!EyI$

Post Ceremony and Group Shots:

https://cid-3f2379941530db98.skydri...sid=3F2379941530DB98!401&authkey=XgeBlwLfjfI$

First part of reception:

https://cid-3f2379941530db98.skydri...sid=3F2379941530DB98!659&authkey=UhQUPk3Vr28$

Time to work on the reception pics. There are 1,500 so I need to narrow it way down.

Thanks for reading! Since I have to sit down a lot, I will be posting more. Wahoo!!! Unless lots of men pick up on me since I do have braces on my teeth and a hot air cast on my foot-it takes time to fight them all off and having to tell them I am a married woman :)

Hope this works!
Dani

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter