• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

They are likely swamped right now both with people who have trips during the now closed resort time AND people with trips planned during the no-parks time.

Going to be very interesting to see how he handles this! All I know is my renters will have both resort and parks...even if they are limited...during their dates. So, I know I will be keeping that intact!

Hi everyone. Are there any other reports about the success of chargebacks? As of today, my stay in June is officially cancelled and I am trying to contact Davids now.

My renters just missed it I am very sad for them ! They booked a huge trip over 300 points ouch !! I wasn’t expecting my 30% if the resort was open but I’m sad for them as I don’t feel there is any value in the voucher - I would offer to assist but as I have posted that didn’t work out before thanks to the roadblock known as David’s

Hi everyone. Are there any other reports about the success of chargebacks? As of today, my stay in June is officially cancelled and I am trying to contact Davids now.
I am also trying to get in contact with Davids and have yet to be successful today. I sent an email about two hours ago, we will see if they respond. Good luck with the charge back if that is the route you decide to go.

Going to be very interesting to see how he handles this! All I know is my renters will have both resort and parks...even if they are limited...during their dates. So, I know I will be keeping that intact!

Yeah especially for the time period with DVC resorts open and parks closed.

I believe there were three posters here who were successful with the charge backs.

I faxed over the documents for my cancelled trip that was supposed to happen two weeks ago, and called Chase today to make sure they received it. Chase went through the documents and said they will contact David’s for their side of the story. Right now I have a temporary credit and it should take 60 days for a final decision.

I never got through David’s via phone. No one ever picks up.

That phone thing is kind of a shame, I always found beforehand they were really easy to get ahold of by phone even just to answer a silly question (or reassure you there’s still availability while sitting on a wait list 🙃).

Think it says a lot about the volume of unhappy customers trying to get through as well as the scope of the problem there.

There have been posts where the included travel insurance through a credit card booking was denied because David's provided the voucher.

As previously mentioned, there have been a handful of successful credit card charge backs.

Chargebacks and the Travel Insurance provided by your credit card are TWO different things. If you were denied for travel insurance, make a NEW phone call to your credit card company, tell them you want to do a chargeback on the charge.

If they ask for details of the voucher, simply say that the voucher was not in the original agreement and you don't accept the terms of the voucher. The original agreement said you would get a refund not a voucher. Include copies of your agreement, and highlight the relevant passage.

That phone thing is kind of a shame, I always found beforehand they were really easy to get ahold of by phone even just to answer a silly question (or reassure you there’s still availability while sitting on a wait list 🙃).

Think it says a lot about the volume of unhappy customers trying to get through as well as the scope of the problem there.
After trying to call all day I believe the phone system has been set to go directly to the recording and that they are not answering any calls at all. That doesn’t bode well for anyone who is trying to salvage an existing contract like me.

It just speaks volumes to me, and I agree that before all of this I always had someone to answer questions by phone and to be honest I prefer having a conversation over the phone as I actually like interacting with people.

After trying to call all day I believe the phone system has been set to go directly to the recording and that they are not answering any calls at all. That doesn’t bode well for anyone who is trying to salvage an existing contract like me.

It just speaks volumes to me, and I agree that before all of this I always had someone to answer questions by phone and to be honest I prefer having a conversation over the phone as I actually like interacting with people.

Yes I think it’s been shut down for a while and they’ve directed all communication to email, which I get from a CYA and also an organization perspective (gotta remember what you promised each person), but it certainly doesn’t make you feel confident in their operation.

So, there is a possibility that VGC is open for our dates July 9 - 16, but the parks will most likely be closed. That will really suck! I feel like we would have no alternative but to go, since there would be no way to get the money we paid refunded.

I have a stay that starts June 21st and ends the 23rd. I would actually go for a resort only stay but via email David’s said they would not be able to move the date over one day. I’m not sure if my Total reservation will be cancelled or just the day they aren’t opened.

I have a reservation at BRV June 21 check in via Dave's with a DDP for six people... Looks like Wilderness Lodge is opening the 22. Any idea how this will play out. I'm ok taking a voucher for 2021. Honestly would rather not go this year either :(

DVC opening approximately 3 weeks before parks officially open makes me worried for renters who have reservations caught up in that period (and aren’t okay with resort only). No doubt that has to mess up chargebacks, but I wonder what David’s does with vouchers.
I am in this group, checking into BWV on July 5th and leaving the 12th. I have gotten nothing but a canned response from David's all day today. I am hoping they can work with me and owner to move the stay back. Even moving back one week would theoretically allow my wife and I to go to a park every day. I hope some kind of solution is worked out so I don't have to sit at the Boardwalk for 5 days with no Disney parks to go to. I am not very hopeful of this as of today though...

Anybody who has a reservation before the Disney parks open could go to Universal or Sea World. They both open very soon. But they will need transportation to get there.

I am in this group, checking into BWV on July 5th and leaving the 12th. I have gotten nothing but a canned response from David's all day today. I am hoping they can work with me and owner to move the stay back. Even moving back one week would theoretically allow my wife and I to go to a park every day. I hope some kind of solution is worked out so I don't have to sit at the Boardwalk for 5 days with no Disney parks to go to. I am not very hopeful of this as of today though...
You actually got an email back from Davids today? I didn’t even get a canned response.

With owners getting extra time now on their points you would think David's would want to try to work with them to reschedule the renters if the renters were interested especially if during the period when resorts and open and parks are closed. What are the chances?

With owners getting extra time now on their points you would think David's would want to try to work with them to reschedule the renters if the renters were interested especially if during the period when resorts and open and parks are closed. What are the chances?
I think Davids burned that bridge to the ground then pissed on the ashes when he came up with that new owners contract .

The extension isn’t that much for many members. And, to be honest, this broker has not seemed to be very willing to work with an owner and renter together,

Plus, for many extended points, there isn’t a lot left between now and November 30th to book.

Now, maybe with an almost month worth of resorts but no parks, he will change things around. IMO, I think many renters will be out of luck if the resort is open. For them, I hope my cynical nature toward this broker is wrong and he comes through

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter