DavIfer 10.6.12* at home Disney Magical wedding

I haven't gotten too much done on the wedding front... however I do have a lot to update you all on.

A few weeks ago I had decided to email my one bridesmaid since she wasn't answering my text messages. She was the last girl that had to order her dress so I was curious if she had gone the day that she said she was going to go. I didn't think it was a big deal to ask a bridesmaid if she ordered her dress.. considering she was holding everybody else up. So I emailed her just to ask and I get a response back saying 'just order the dresses without me'. Needless to say there was a few more emails back and forth and I must say I contained myself pretty well considering. But she never clearly backed out of my wedding but she said that she didn't want to be stressed out anymore. Which.. I'm sorry but I'm far from bride-zilla... the only thing I've asked anyone about was their gowns. I picked a gown by end of January and they were told to order by the end of March. Which clearly, she didn't. Money wasn't the issue, it was just 'stress'. I still to this day haven't gotten a definite answer or reason from her. She hasn't responded to texts or emails. But the last I said to her was a simple 'thanks.' I was extremely upset over the whole situation, especially because I saw this girl as a little sister and was the last one I expected to have to deal with something like this from. Weddings truly bring out people's true colors and I'm just glad I realized this now. She's not invited to the wedding either. I'm just done and over her all together.. especially if someone can do this to a friend 6 months prior to the wedding.

So after all that I was left with a dilemma.. what do I do?
I've been debating asking my friend who I originally wanted to have in the wedding but the numbers didn't allow. Which I have asked her but I'm just awaiting a response. So we'll see. I'm hoping it's a yes. I wrote her a letter and everything and sent it over with the vinylmation. So fingers crossed it all works out.

I'm going to be assembling invitations on Friday with my maid of honor and Dave. So I'll have some pictures for you to reveal my invitation designs! YAY!
I'm hoping to get my tears of Joy packets done as well. I'm going to try and print out the tags myself.. but I'm not sure if it will work correctly or not?

I should also be having a somewhat hair trial coming up at the end of the month to start playing with my hair. Cause I honestly have no idea what I want to do with it? I just don't want the normal bridal hair? ;D

We also have changed our theme! We're going for 'Under the Sea'!! I cannot wait to talk with my florist and let her know we're changing the theme of the wedding and going back to what I originally had my heart set on. =] Not the typical 'beach' wedding.. I literally want people to feel like they're under the sea! I'm working on getting some floral ideas together so please let me know if you all have any ideas to add!! I'll update soon with some more inspiration.

Okay, so on Sunday, May 6th, it's my mother's birthday and OUR 5 MONTH MARK! HOLY MOLY! I feel like I'm so not ready for this wedding at all!!

I ordered some fun stuff to play around with my dress.. nothing permanent! But easier than hauling my dress around from seamstress to seamstress. The more I think about it, the more I think I'm just going to take her back to my bridal shop and just MAKE the seamstress do what I want. I think I ultimately feel more comfortable there due to the fact that they have worked on my wedding gown before from previous brides and if THEY mess it up they have to get me a new dress. lol. Horrible way to think.. but that's the way my mind is! haha. So I'm going to make my first appointment for July I believe.. how early did you girls go for your fittings??

We also started assembling our invitations.. so I totally did not think it would be that much work, haha! Boy oh boy was I wrong! Plus it's a lot of trial and frikkin error! Woof! Hopefully this week coming up I can get everything done! Fingers crossed!

I started a new fitness plan that was put on hold because I was deathly sick.. but now I'm back in action! So I will be starting it full force on Monday along with a serious diet. I need to get my fitness on for that honeymoon and that dress! haha.

So I need your girls' help... I'm making my to do lists... here's what I have so far.. can you think of anything I'm missing...

DIY TO DO LIST:
  • assemble invitations
  • address invitations
  • programs
  • menus
  • hotel newsletters
  • flip flops
  • tears of joy packets
  • pew bows
  • signature drink signs
  • memorial table pictures/poem
  • platform for sweetheart table (dave and daddy)

TO PURCHASE:
  • bridesmaid jewelry
  • grooms gift
  • order tuxedos
  • cake server
  • 'dancing shoes' (flip flops or socks for guests)
  • bridesmaid tumblers for bachelorette party
  • shower thank yous (MOH and mom)

TO SCHEDULE:
  • florist sample
  • menu tasting
  • fitting 1 for me
  • fitting 1 for mom
  • fitting for bridesmaids (when dresses arrive)
  • tuxedo appointment with ALL gms

Okay.. so I think that's it... am I missing anything???

I also just emailed my florist with a few new ideas for our florals. I'm so so so excited to see what she thinks and what she does with it all! =]

I'd upload some of the pictures.. but I worked an 11 hour shift today and quite frankly I'm frikkin POOPED! But I needed to see what you girls thought of my list before I forget to post!I've been meaning to do this post for about a week! lol. Oops!

Whoa! Five months that insane! It seems like so long ago we were all just starting out. Your list looks good. Very organized. Just stay calm and drink lots of water and stay healthy. It helps with the stress. I can't wait for this. It's so exciting!!!!! :goodvibes

Whoa! Five months that insane! It seems like so long ago we were all just starting out. Your list looks good. Very organized. Just stay calm and drink lots of water and stay healthy. It helps with the stress. I can't wait for this. It's so exciting!!!!! :goodvibes

OMG, I know! I was just thinking that! I can't believe it's getting so closed! I booked almost 2 years out and now it's 5 months! Crap-o-la!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

But, thanks! You don't think I'm missing anything do you? Any other little things you can think of??

OH my garter! lol. I forgot to add that to the list.. but I do have a tentative order in for one! hehe. :goodvibes

I carry a bottle of water with me everywhere and Monday I'm restarting my workout routine.. because I was sick and unable to do it for a week. Ah!!!!

Maybe I'll even see you there!! :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Wow, 5 months!! I can't wait! ;) I agree with you that it's probably a good idea to take your dress to the seamstress. I had my first fitting a month ahead of time, but I was only having it taken in, not doing anything major like what you want. So it's probably better to go earlier!

Your lists look good. I can't think of anything major you're forgetting. Did you buy stamps yet for the invitations?

Good luck with your fitness plan! I'm also trying to get back on track. I gained at least 15 pounds since the wedding and I really just want to get rid of them...

Did you figure out what you're doing about your missing bridesmaid yet?

Wow, you are definitely organized! Your list looks good, and I can't see anything you've missed. OMG 5 months is going to come SOOOO quickly! :) I am so excited for you!

Wow, 5 months!! I can't wait! ;) I agree with you that it's probably a good idea to take your dress to the seamstress. I had my first fitting a month ahead of time, but I was only having it taken in, not doing anything major like what you want. So it's probably better to go earlier!

Your lists look good. I can't think of anything major you're forgetting. Did you buy stamps yet for the invitations?

Good luck with your fitness plan! I'm also trying to get back on track. I gained at least 15 pounds since the wedding and I really just want to get rid of them...

Did you figure out what you're doing about your missing bridesmaid yet?

I know! I really cannot believe I'm this close! It's ridiculous!

I think I'm going to use 2 different seamstresses.. I've been thinking way way way too much. I'm going to use the one I have the appointment with on Thursday for adding on the feathers and crystals. Then the place where I bought my dress I'm going to have her do my bustle, sweetheart neckline, and tulle underneath of my dress.

I'm going to get stamps for the wedding invitations once they're all assembled and we start addressing them. I do have them for the response envelopes though.

QUESTION.. do you think that I should put the pretty envelopes inside of a larger envelope? Kinda like a double envelope if you will?? So that the teal envelope is inside of a plain or simple envelope?? I got an invite in the mail the other day and it kinda sparked my interest.

I can't wait to work on my fitness.. I'm going to take my before picture tomorrow night and do my measurements!

Okay, so, as promised here is some of our new floral inspiration!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of these bouquets for my girls. It'll be different colors/flowers.. but it will have the ribbon hanging and possibly a few flowers, not sure yet. But I can't wait to see them with my girls' dresses!
_062.jpg

Here are our centerpiece/reception inspirations.. you may recognize a lot of them from My Fair Wedding.. ;D I was obsessed with the way that this reception looked! And I hope and pray we can at least get a little bit similar to it! haha. I love the under the sea look!

underthesea5.png

underthesea4.png

underthesea3.png

underthesea2.png

underthesea.png

decor_069.jpg

decor_065.jpg

decor_064.jpg

_065.jpg

Let me know what you ladies think!! Or if you have anything to add!

As for the envelopes... I did have mine in an "inner envelope" that was then placed in the outer envelope. I just did it that way because my invitation kit came with both, so I figured why not. I'm not quite sure what the point of it was though. I think it was just a nice way to keep the invite and all the inserts and stuff together in one place. If you had ripped open the outer envelope you could still keep everything together in the inner one (which wasn't sealed).

I am loving all of the floral inspiration pics!

That looks beautiful!

Thanks girl! I just got an email back from my florist and she seems really excited! Which makes me even more excited!!

As for the envelopes... I did have mine in an "inner envelope" that was then placed in the outer envelope. I just did it that way because my invitation kit came with both, so I figured why not. I'm not quite sure what the point of it was though. I think it was just a nice way to keep the invite and all the inserts and stuff together in one place. If you had ripped open the outer envelope you could still keep everything together in the inner one (which wasn't sealed).

I am loving all of the floral inspiration pics!

Yeah? I'm so torn. I really like the idea of doing the inner envelope and getting a simple not shiny envelope for the outter. But I don't know where I would find the right size??

Awesome floral inspiration pics! :love: They will look beautiful for your BIG day :lovestruc

Thanks! I'm just hoping it all comes together as planned! lol. I can't wait until we do our sample day at the florist! It's gunna be so fun! hehe. She pretty much makes one of everything and we can play with it from there.

Ladies, I've made a HUGE plunge and bought a second and NEW tiara. =X What do you all think???

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
:bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride::bride:

tiara2.jpg

TIARA.gif

So my original tiara is now for sale!!

Ah oh how I cannot wait to get her in the mail!!!!

Hey loves! I have a huge update for you all! It's getting so close to the wedding and things are starting to pick up!

We've been working on our invitations and let me just tell you.. they're a labor of love! It's so time consuming! But they're going to be gorgeous. Once we figure out the bellybands I will post some pictures for you all to see! I do have one question though.. did you ladies include an outer envelope as well?? I want to but don't know where to locate them? :confused:

Anyway, on the wedding front! As you know I bought myself a new tiara.. I have to say it was by far the best decision in my life! It's gorgeous! Pictures do not do it justice! I've been dieing to take some outside.. but DF's always around whenever I can get out there to take some pictures! So for now.. here are some beauties!

IMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

AND my mommy got her dress! OMG, she looks like a frikkin queen! When she came out in her dress.. I got all teary eyed! I didn't get teary eyed for my own damn gown! haha. But I did for my mom, go figure! She looks so so stunning I cannot even explain it! Here are some pictures! The color is gorgeous! It's grey/blue. So in some lights it's grey and other's blue.. when it was hanging up in the bag it looked periwinkle and I almost died! It looked so bad! But once my mom put it on.. she was a gem!! So here she is!!

These are from my iPhone..
photo6.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

These are from my camera..
IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6858.jpg

See how the color changes?!

That same day.. my mother in law found a gown! It's very pretty on her I will say.. haha. But my mom's is prettier! hahaha. Of course. :) But here she is.. same color and everything! She actually took the sample gown home because she got an awesome price on it.

photo3.jpg

After dresses, we went over to Men's Warehouse where I almost got into a fight with the sales girl. She was horrid. lol. Wasn't willing to work with me and had no personality. So we left, no Vera Wang tuxes for me. :sad2: I was a bit bummed. But I don't want to have to BUY bowties for my guys.. they'll never wear them again! So we ended up at this cute little tuxedo place by DF's house.. we walked in and it was so much friendlier. It was run by an old Italian man and he was amazing. This is what we picked out.. Dave will be wearing this exactly and the guys will have a 'creamsicle' tie. It's going to look so elegant! I just wanted to make sure it was formal formal and I think we succeeded!

photo.jpg

After that we headed over to DSW to look for shoes since I had the color swatches with me. My girls didn't care what I picked out and I wanted to get something that they could wear again. We ended up picking out these champagne Lulu Townsend shoes. They're so adorable! Plus I plan on dusting with some gold glitter the day of the wedding. What do you think?

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Needless to say.. it was a wedding filled Saturday! Which deifnitely made it really feel real! Ah! I'm getting married in 4 months and 4 days!! :yay: :yay:

OMG, I can't believe how close your wedding is .... I LOVE YOUR TIARA, I can't wait to see it on you! The MOB dress is gorgeous! My mom wanted to shop for her dress alone (which I can understand, since I liked shopping for my wedding dress alone) but I wish I could have had that moment like you, where she stepped into a dress and felt great about it.

Booo to MW, I swear I had nothing but problems with them! We did our suit shopping at Jos A Bank and while it wasn't perfect, they were all very friendly. I'm happy you're supporting a mom & pop shop AND you're getting what you want!

It seems everything is coming along nicely, yay! :yay:

I have fallen so behind, but I love all the new things!

•Those flower inspiration pics are seriously GORGEOUS. I love how they have some of the soft mossy-floral cascading down making it actually look like it's under the sea!
•The tiara is breathtaking.
•Both mom dresses are pretty--I like how they change color in the different lighting.
•HOLY moly, you are getting so close! You really only have one season to go! :banana: Is the end of your to-do list in sight? I can't wait to see what you post next!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter