DDA Chapter 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
remind me not to get on your bad side :rotfl2:

I am hard core when it comes to boycotting stores. Mervyn's made me mad, they are out of business. There was a store where I bought a shirt for DH and when I returned it they made me FURIOUS. I can't remember the name of the store now, but that whole chain went under, too. I shop a lot, and it really is pretty rare for me to get THAT upset with a store, but if they make me that angry I will never shop there again.

does anyone's kids play Club Penguin?

Kirsten came home to a package...apparently she one 1 of only 1000 Viking Penguins that they were giving away....I may send her out for a lottery ticket

No clue, but congrats to her! :)

Well its a little later in the evening, so Elizabeth look for thoes box tops.

Nope. I need a reminder after I get home from work. Princess and I just came back from the park. I have at least another hour here, but probably 2 hours. Momboss is away on business this week so I am getting off later.

Janet - I meant to tell you, Hot Topic has a ton of Jack Skellington stuff if you need anything for Garrett's stocking.

We are back from the doctors, she has a raging ear infection in her left ear and the start of one in her right. Sunday both ears were clear.

She is doing much better now that she has gotten a bit of sleep and some more meds in her. I had given her tylenol but it didn't touch the pain apparently. She has never, ever been like that before. I will admit that I am a bit spoiled when it comes to the girls having a high threshold for pain.

Tylenol is worthless. As soon as the kids are old enough for ibuprofen I switch them over to it. The only reason to keep Tylenol on hand is to alternate with ibuprofen when they get those REALLY high fevers that won't come down with just ibuprofen. Poor Lucy! I hope she feels better soon! :hug:

When DS was little I had a charge who was one year older. Both of them would have days where they would go down for a nap just fine, then wake up with a temp of 104 and be writhing in pain. It was scary, but it was almost always just an ear infection.

We are back from the doctors, she has a raging ear infection in her left ear and the start of one in her right. Sunday both ears were clear.

She is doing much better now that she has gotten a bit of sleep and some more meds in her. I had given her tylenol but it didn't touch the pain apparently. She has never, ever been like that before. I will admit that I am a bit spoiled when it comes to the girls having a high threshold for pain.

Virginia was the same way back in January. But she never cried from them. Neither did Olivia when she had them as well. The fever is why I took them in. I hope the meds kick in fast for her and you.

My girls are being spoiled by my mom for Christmas. She is buying them Dell laptops. They both decided that they want blue tops on them. The model that we are buying allows you to choose from about 8 different colors. I am tired of rebuilding their old ones so I'm hoping this resolves that issue.

It sounds like the Princess Half may be run through MK after all. The original plan was to have it go through all the other parks but MK. I sure hope this is the case. I mean a "Princess" race that doesn't go near Cinderella's Castle? How fun is that? I'm hoping that this turns out be true.

Robyn - I hope Lucy is more comfortable now, so that she gets some sleep and so you maintain whatever sanity you have left. :wizard:

Tammi,

It will never end. You will always hear that even when your kids are grown. :lmao: I still hear it from Hal's mother about my kids. :faint:

My DDIL has made it easy for me for the past two years. She buys things she knows the boys will like and then lets me SHOP and pick out a couple of things. That way, I get them what they had asked for or she knows they want or need and everyone is happy. :goodvibes
That's a great idea, one that I would do, if my parents lived closer. :(

Tonight she told me she was only getting the kids 2 presents each plus she would give them money. If they still wanted the tramp then we could go buy it. She is :crazy:! Simply because she doesn't make the actual transaction, she would be cleared of all guilt if someone gets hurt.

I hear you, Bernadette. I know there are lots of injuries. I would have the net, plus the rule would be only one kid on it at a time. If that rule gets violated, the trampoline gets put in time out.

Amy - Wow! Someone really went out of their way for that Stuffy sleepover. What a fun idea.

so I've just had two very different grade experiences. I got a phone call from the High School guidance counselor...making sure I knew Cassidy was doing not so hot in 2 classes...I assured him I did and she was working with the teachers. Cassidy also told me that they are going to Branson instead of Japan....so I am holding that over her head "don't pass, don't go"

Then I turned and signed progress reports for Abi....89.43 to almost 97% for her core classes....I doubt she has an A in band as she hasn't turned in her practice card.

Two extremes...from two girls who both used to love school but now just seem to be counting days until the next vacation.

so I've just had two very different grade experiences. I got a phone call from the High School guidance counselor...making sure I knew Cassidy was doing not so hot in 2 classes...I assured him I did and she was working with the teachers. Cassidy also told me that they are going to Branson instead of Japan....so I am holding that over her head "don't pass, don't go"

Then I turned and signed progress reports for Abi....89.43 to almost 97% for her core classes....I doubt she has an A in band as she hasn't turned in her practice card.

Two extremes...from two girls who both used to love school but now just seem to be counting days until the next vacation.
I know the feeling!

Tomorrow is Alyssa's Tday play at school. I just took the whole day off. Her play is at 11:20, so I'll go to school and have lunch with Nicholas at 11, go to her play, and then stay for her lunch at 12. I haven't been to lunch with them yet this year. She asked me this morning if I was going to be able to make it to her play, with very pleading and hopeful eyes. I got a huge smile and a big hug when I told her yes. That's what puts everything into perspective. I'll use the rest of the day to do some more Christmas and grocery shopping. I think I'll buy one of those Hallmark voice recorder ornaments for Bethany to give to Bob. She can record something on there for him. I have no idea what my kids can give him.

Where is everyone tonight?

on and off...one computer when 2 need it for schoolwork makes for limited time at night for me. Next week I am also going to take it to the IT guys before I leave LUMC for a much needed cleaning so we'll all be without for awhile. :scared1:

That's a great idea, one that I would do, if my parents lived closer. :(

Tonight she told me she was only getting the kids 2 presents each plus she would give them money. If they still wanted the tramp then we could go buy it. She is :crazy:! Simply because she doesn't make the actual transaction, she would be cleared of all guilt if someone gets hurt.

I hear you, Bernadette. I know there are lots of injuries. I would have the net, plus the rule would be only one kid on it at a time. If that rule gets violated, the trampoline gets put in time out.

And no flips!!! That is one of the main things that the kids try and they aren't trained for it. You can be seriously injured if you land wrong.

ETA: We have a trampoline and have watched it carefully over the years. The girls knew the rules and if they got broken by anyone (including their friends), they knew it would be taken away. We didn't have any problems.

Since there ain't nothing on TV...I am going to try on both interview outfits and you all get to help me decide which one to wear tomorrow night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter