DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
checking in....we came home last night. Thank god we did...it started snowing like crazy at midnight and is still snowing. We are buried...all schools are closed.

Glad you made it home safely!

Jennifer - what a great present for your sister! How did you get the friends to keep the secret? Happy sweet 16 to her!

They don't know yet! ;) They were planning on a sleepover anyway, so that helps.

2 of them are big loudmouths, so we are literally calling their parents today and telling them to tell the girls right before they leave, so they can pack accordingly. :rotfl:

Kristine the nasty weather is here, I hope your drive tomorrow is not to stressful. Be careful out there :hug:

Anne Marie :woohoo: for booking a cruise!

Tammi I hope Alyssa is feeling better :wizard:

Glynis I hope Katie is feeling better as well :wizard:

Deb & Kristine love the pictures posted.

Tia I hope all is well with you, looks like St. Louis got hit with a lot of ice as well.

Becky I hope work is closed for you if the weather gets to bad :wizard:

Thanks for all the funnies that were posted :laughing:

:wizard: & :hug: to everyone I missed!

Thanks Janet for letting me catch up and ditto you!!

It will be the girls first time in a pool, if we get in with them. I'm not sure what they have, or what time Kyle will get there (and what the girls temperament will be when he does!). We may or may not go back tomorrow, depending on whether Kyle gets called in to work or not... we'll see! Avery hated the fountain we dipped her in at Millennium Park, so my guess is she won't be a big fan of this either, though she does love bathtime :confused3

The cake is just boxed cake mix (funfetti, Cassi's favorite) with our buttercream icing. And it's not nearly as fancy as Robyn's! :blush: (Yes, the cake is supposed to be "topsy turvy". The pan is, in fact, called that ;))

150-cassicake1219.jpg

I love it, great job!! All my cakes are just doctored box mixes. That pan is so cute, I want it!! I really want to do a stacked topsy turvy cake but it's too much work.

Speaking of Robyn...

151-averywithpresent1219.jpg

152-averywithpaper1219.jpg

Thank you, Emma! :goodvibes:

153-ornament1219.jpg

(Whoa.... definitely need another picture of that!)

And the girls showing off (and chewing on) their books.... thank you Emma, Molly and Lucy! princess:

154-girlswithbooks121.jpg

Wow, that was quick seeing that it got mailed Wednesday afternoon. Emma and I thought the book one was quite appropriate for Avery.

Busy day today.... my sister turned 16 on Tuesday :-)eek:) and we had dinner at my parents on Monday to celebrate. Kyle and I got her a new cell phone, which she thinks is her present (well, I suppose it is). Today though, we're surprising her with a stay at Great Wolf Lodge for her and a few friends, as well as day passes for the rest of us. She didn't even think about a big party (much sweeter than me.... lol... I pretty much demanded a big one, clubhouse, catering and all :rolleyes1 (boy am I in trouble if my girls are like I was then! :faint:), so I know she will appreciate this. It's the perfect day for an indoor waterpark, too -- freezing and pouring!

I'm in the middle of making a cake, then the girls and I are heading over around 3 to check in and get everything set up. The reservation is for a 2-story premium fireplace loft -- 3 beds plus a pull out, 3 flat screen TVs and DVD players for each (really? :rolleyes: ), a kitchenette, etc.... should be pretty nice! :goodvibes (We got a great deal, too!)

Have a great day!

Wow! What a great party!!!

My sweet sixteen was anything but! My parents forgot it was my birthday. I didn't say anything, as I figured that they were going to surprise me with a party. However, there was nothing for me. By the end of the day I was upset, but didn't say anything. Too angry, and I wanted them to remember on their own.

I went to bed, and when I got up in the morning, I guess they'd remembered. On the dining room table was a homemade cake, and a branch from a tree, in a bucket of plaster, spray painted white, with 16 one dollar bills clothespinned onto it. That was it! They never acknowledged that they missed my birthday. I will say, though, that the guilt from that day has been awfully good throughout the years.

I now spend a lot of time reminding people of my birthday. I guess I'm still a little bitter about it.

You are all welcome!

Hope the computer stops acting wonky.

Just Jennifer (Bear74) is waiting for a package from me. I hope she gets it soon.

I got an all day staff meeting/holiday party. Then I have a night meeting. It is going to be a long day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Can't wait to see what you sent me.

I made it home safely. I did have a little mishap on my way into work though. When I got to work they were still clearing the parking lot. I ended up parking in a different area than I usually do. I went to step (well actually jump) out of the truck and landed on ice, my feet slipped out from under me and I landed on my butt, back and elbow. My elbow took the worst blow, but it seems okay now. It will probaby be sore tomorrow though.

Work was slow again, but thankfully I had some very generous patrons so the night ended up very well. Chris was impressed. :thumbsup2

I need to use my time well tomorrow morning as it is my last morning at home with no kids until the new year. I need to make sure that I have all the stocking stuffers that I need and that everything is organized.

ouch Deb, I hope you are feeling better

Sorry it took so long to post... this is what came for Elise on Monday, from Virginia (the princess, not the state)! :)

She shared with her sister, and they wore the hats and bibs out on Tuesday! I'll try and find those pictures at some point! Thank you again!

130-elisegiftfromvirginia1216.jpg
your most welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter