DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an interesting thread on the CB.
The thread is kind of bothering me.
I'm on the other side of the box because I remember going to a funeral for a classmate's father who had died in a car crash when I was in 5th grade. The whole class went (class of 24 maybe?). I went to a Catholic elementary school which was attached to the church and we attended the funeral mass for him.
I don't remember seeing a casket, and all I remember was attending. BUT this was a very, very large church and it was very very crowded. We were all seated near a back entrance/staircase that led to the school.
I'm not saying I'd let my child go - but if I would, I'd be attending too because that is definately not something to do with "friends".

I found this in my email :blush:

xmas.jpg

:rotfl2:

Spoke with Chanon earlier about booking a Disney cruise for 2010!!!:cool1:

Yes she did! But I can't tell you when. But I can tell you we got her secret porthole cabins that connect!!! (That was the kicker!) :rotfl:

I'm still trying to get Bob to do another cruise...though we are looking at a 7 nighter...problem is, the Magic is under refurb. during our 1 year anniversary. So looks like we'll have something to do for 2010!

Forget Red necks .......here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about New Englanders...

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in New England.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they do not work there, you live in New England.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in New England.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in New England.

If Vacation means going anywhere south of New York City for the weekend, you live in New England.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in New England.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in New England.

If you have switched from 'heat' to A/C' in the same day and back again, you live in New England.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in New England.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you live in New England.

If you carry jumpers in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in New England..

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in New England.

If the speed limit on the highway is 55 mph -- you're going 80 and everybody is passing you, you live in New England.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in New England.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in New England.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in New England.

If you find 10 degrees 'a little chilly', you live in New England.

If there's a Dunkin Donuts on every corner, you live in New England.

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your New England friends & others, you live or have lived in New England

Now admit it, you all laughed. Of course I shook my head "yup" to most of these :rotfl: :rotfl:

Forget Red necks .......here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about New Englanders...

Now admit it, you all laughed. Of course I shook my head "yup" to most of these :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Most of these work for Colorado too!!

Yes she did! But I can't tell you when. But I can tell you we got her secret porthole cabins that connect!!! (That was the kicker!) :rotfl:

I'm still trying to get Bob to do another cruise...though we are looking at a 7 nighter...problem is, the Magic is under refurb. during our 1 year anniversary. So looks like we'll have something to do for 2010!

I was so excited that those cabins were available!!!!:banana: A regular cat 10 inside cabin was fine but it threw me off alittle not knowing what it was like outside. We did watch the deck cam to see but its not the same.:rolleyes:

I'm on the other side of the box because I remember going to a funeral for a classmate's father who had died in a car crash when I was in 5th grade. The whole class went (class of 24 maybe?). I went to a Catholic elementary school which was attached to the church and we attended the funeral mass for him.
I don't remember seeing a casket, and all I remember was attending. BUT this was a very, very large church and it was very very crowded. We were all seated near a back entrance/staircase that led to the school.
I'm not saying I'd let my child go - but if I would, I'd be attending too because that is definately not something to do with "friends".

See, I can understand that.
I guess I am maybe reading it from the way it would be if that happened HERE, in a big public school where people in the same classes can still be strangers. In a smaller community or a private school maybe it would be different. Really, there weren't a lot of details in the OP and she hadn't posted again to elaborate.

The WB Repo sounds nice... :rolleyes1 :teeth:

:rotfl:

The 4 night departing on March 28. Easter is April 4th so the kids are off that week before Easter in NC

Great time for it!:thumbsup2

Looks great but with 5 of us we can't afford that.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I'm not sure how much it's up to now. When it first opened for booking, it was cheaper than many 3 and 4 nights, depending on the time of year!

You're going to have a wonderful time!

The 4 night departing on March 28. Easter is April 4th so the kids are off that week before Easter in NC

Great time for it!:thumbsup2

Looks great but with 5 of us we can't afford that.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We don't have time off in March. I just looked at the Calendar. We have a week off in February and another in April, but nada in March :sad2:

I have a few photos to share.

December2008008.jpg

December2008007.jpg

December2008001-1.jpg

December2008021.jpg

So instead of Where's Waldo you can search for my kids :lmao:

Does anyone here have a Kindle or know someone who does? Is it worth it? Do you like it?

I do not own one. There were several people on the Panama Canal cruise that had them and loved them. I did check one out and it looked pretty neat, if you are someone who buys lots of books. Or travel a lot and like to read on your trip, as it is much easier to carry the Kindle then several different paperback books.

I survived today. The work meeting/holiday party was alright. But I was a bit irritated that we spent money on some stupid things when I felt the money should have been spent on other things. The firemen had to visit as one of the centerpieces started on fire. It was quickly put out, but we did not call quick enough to cancel them coming.

I came home and went straight to bed for like 45 minutes. I had a nagging feeling that someone was heading to the hospital or something not good was happening. I got up and headed to my meeting.

After my meeting I called my Mom, turns out my Grandpa had been taken to the hospital by ambulance. They had admitted him. He is not doing well. He has lost about 30 pounds in a month, he has been falling from a standing position and also out of bed. He is confused thinks it is Friday in 1989. We suspect his cancer is worse, but since my Mom has not actually talked to the doctors we do not know. She is not his biological daughter, but he has been in her life since she is 2 or 3 years old, at times like this that sometimes causes issues. Her sister that is running away for Christmas had talked to the doctor and so who knows what is and is not being shared. Also my Mom's two sisters are not talking to each other so my Mom gets to be the mediator.

I still can not open any files that I download, also I can not use Firefox. I need to dedicate some time to solving this issue. I think I know what is causing the download issue, so hopefully I can get it straightened out.

Good news is I finally got my refund from Snapfish, for the book they cancelled that I had paid full price for.

The are calling for lots of icky weather , starting around 5am, 6-10 inches of snow plus 1-3 inches of sleet. I hope it is bad enough so the office is closed. In any case I doubt I will drive to my normal office as I do not want to get stranded there.

:wizard: :hug: to everyone.

Vicki -- did you get the email from WDW endurance? There's a princess breakfast the morning after the 5K Family races that we'll definitely be attending!

I hope this makes you laugh, like it did me.:goodvibes

The Good Napkins

My mother taught me to read when I was four years old (her first mistake).
One day, I was in the bathroom and noticed one of the cabinet doors was ajar. I read the box in the cabinet. I then asked my mother why she was keeping ''napkins' in the bathroom. Didn't they belong in the kitchen?

Not wanting to burden me with unnecessary facts, she told me that those were for 'special occasions' (her second mistake). Now fast forward a few months . . . It's Thanksgiving Day, and my folks are leaving to pick up my uncle and his wife for dinner.

Mom had assignments for all of us while they were gone. Mine was to set the table (her third mistake). When they returned, my uncle came in first and immediately burst into laughter. Next came his wife, who gasped, then, began giggling. Next came my father, who roared with laughter. Then came Mom, who almost died of embarrassment when she saw each place setting on the table with a 'special occasion' Kotex napkin at each plate, with the fork carefully arranged on top. I had even tucked the little tail in so they didn't hang off the edge!!

My mother asked me why I used these and, of course, my response sent the other adults into further fits of laughter. 'But, Mom, you said they were for special occasions!!!'

Life is too short for drama and petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh
insanely, love truly and forgive quickly, and for heavens sake, use THE GOOD
NAPKINS whenever you can.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter