DDA Chapter 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody want to commit to run the WDW half marathon, next January? Registration for it, will probably open on Monday, 1/12. Last year the half registration closed in March. Since I can not train for the Princess half in two months time I am obviously not doing that race. Although I would love to. Had I not broken my foot I probably would be.

I also think that the Lehigh Valley marathon in May, might be pushing it as well. But I may try to do it anyway. It is about 17 weeks away.

Or I could wait and do the Philly Half in the fall. Or there is always the Disneyland half. Why, oh why am I so indecisive.;) :laughing: :hippie: :upsidedow

I'm considering the Disneyland Half so that I can get the special medal for running one at Disney World and one at Disneyland in the same year.

I hope to run the full marathon next year in January. That is my ultimate goal. I want to run a full once before I'm 50. I could see myself running more halfs after that but I'm not planning on more fulls.

Tomorrow, I'm supposed to walk/run 6 miles for my 1/2 marathon training. That should be interesting.

On Sunday, I'm going to drive to West Branch (about 2-1/2 hours away) to visit my mother. She will be at her house down there (it is my grandparents house that my parents purchased for them). It will be nice to visit with her.

I'll probably work for several hours tomorrow as well. I have a lot to catch up on.

Good luck getting your 6 miles in tomorrow.

I'm considering the Disneyland Half so that I can get the special medal for running one at Disney World and one at Disneyland in the same year.

I hope to run the full marathon next year in January. That is my ultimate goal. I want to run a full once before I'm 50. I could see myself running more halfs after that but I'm not planning on more fulls.

I have been thinking I would love to do Coast to Coast next year. Hence my hesitation to do the Disneyland half this year. As I really could not do coast to coast this year.

I am definitely leaning toward something nearby in late summer of fall, so I have plenty of time to train.

We are supposed to be getting some snow tomorrow too---ive heard anything from 1inch-6inches..I have to clean and stop at the store and get stuff since my family comes home sunday morning. Til then, im being a bum!

Good morning, DDA!!! I hope I didn't miss anything big in the day or two of posts that I had to skip. I was falling more and more behind again. Story of my life it seems sometimes.

Poor Kristi had a crazy list of parties and things today. Connor Tae Kwon Do testing at 9, Chase to a party at 10, Kassie to a party at 11 and all of them to a party at 12. I had offered to take Chase until Kristi can get there a little after 10. Now, we're also taking Kassie to hers. Once I saw that it was at the Magic House (children's museum), I couldn't resist offering. They just opened a brand new section that doubled the space and is supposed to be really cool. So, I printed out our BOGO coupon and Terra and I are going to the Magic House too. :banana: Terra is really excited.

Sunday brings more open houses. There are a couple that I am really wanting to see with open houses tomorrow. Plus, I found this great neighborhood with a lot of properties for sale. It's walking distance to two parks, the town pool, and a coffee shop. It's a slightly longer, by doable, walk to Target and the grocery store. Terra and I wouldn't walk to those often, but Phil would and likes that idea.

Good morning, DDA!!! I hope I didn't miss anything big in the day or two of posts that I had to skip. I was falling more and more behind again. Story of my life it seems sometimes.

Poor Kristi had a crazy list of parties and things today. Connor Tae Kwon Do testing at 9, Chase to a party at 10, Kassie to a party at 11 and all of them to a party at 12. I had offered to take Chase until Kristi can get there a little after 10. Now, we're also taking Kassie to hers. Once I saw that it was at the Magic House (children's museum), I couldn't resist offering. They just opened a brand new section that doubled the space and is supposed to be really cool. So, I printed out our BOGO coupon and Terra and I are going to the Magic House too. :banana: Terra is really excited.

Sunday brings more open houses. There are a couple that I am really wanting to see with open houses tomorrow. Plus, I found this great neighborhood with a lot of properties for sale. It's walking distance to two parks, the town pool, and a coffee shop. It's a slightly longer, by doable, walk to Target and the grocery store. Terra and I wouldn't walk to those often, but Phil would and likes that idea.

The neighborhood sounds great Tia!

Does anybody want to commit to run the WDW half marathon, next January? Registration for it, will probably open on Monday, 1/12. Last year the half registration closed in March. Hopefully by then I will be living in FL. Since I can not train for the Princess half in two months time I am obviously not doing that race. Although I would love to. Had I not broken my foot I probably would be.

I also think that the Lehigh Valley marathon in May, might be pushing it as well. But I may try to do it anyway. It is about 17 weeks away.

Or I could wait and do the Philly Half in the fall. Or there is always the Disneyland half. Why, oh why am I so indecisive.;) :laughing: :hippie: :upsidedow
Good luck, Becky. I would die if I tried to run any distance like that, so I will pass. I was never one that got into running. For me it's boring, and painful.

Well, Kristi will be here any minute to pick me up (I'm using one of her cars to do all of her running) so I guess I'd better make sure I'm ready. Have a good Saturday everyone!

Good luck with the open houses, Tia. I hope you find something just perfect for your family. :wizard:

Good morning. :)

It's a beautiful, sunny, but cold day here. It's supposed to get to the upper 40s at the day goes on. I hope that's true!

Good Morning DDA!

Nasty weather here today!

Freezing rain turning over to snow later today.

I am so ready for some warmer temps. Florida here we come!

They just announced that our county is in a level 2 Snow Emergency. That means not to go out unless you have to. Blech!

Have a great day DDA!

Good morning. :)

It's a beautiful, sunny, but cold day here. It's supposed to get to the upper 40s at the day goes on. I hope that's true!

No such luck here, it's pouring rain. I need to get myself in gear and finish unpacking, do laundry and clean. Oh yeah and send out some bills, we'll see how much I get done. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter