DDA Chapter 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello DDA. How is everyone tonight? We are the Princess and the Frog. Cute movie. Hunter picked it out :thumbsup2 We've never watched it before.

Vicki did you get your treadmill home?

The treadmill is in the apartment. I am done with steps 1-12. A couple of holes aren't big enough so I had trouble getting step 10 completed. I am now on step 13 and there are other holes that are too small and the #8 screws don't want to go in. Agh!!! It looks like a treadmill now.

The treadmill is in the apartment. I am done with steps 1-12. A couple of holes aren't big enough so I had trouble getting step 10 completed. I am now on step 13 and there are other holes that are too small and the #8 screws don't want to go in. Agh!!! It looks like a treadmill now.

It sounds like a pain in the butt. I hope that it comes together soon :wizard:

It sounds like a pain in the butt. I hope that it comes together soon :wizard:

It is all together and it works. I was too tired to do more than walk on it for a minute to make sure it worked. Only one problem ... I was going to put it in the bedroom. I put it together in the living room because it had more room. Well, it won't fit through the hallway so I guess it goes in the dining room. :lmao: I'm glad that I didn't put it together in the bedroom. If I move, I don't want to have to take it all apart again!

This is the treadmill that I ended up buying. I got it for $500 at Sam's.

Proform 400 CT

Since I'm too tired to use it, I'll just read the instructions on all its features tonight. I'm off to bed.

It is all together and it works. I was too tired to do more than walk on it for a minute to make sure it worked. Only one problem ... I was going to put it in the bedroom. I put it together in the living room because it had more room. Well, it won't fit through the hallway so I guess it goes in the dining room. :lmao: I'm glad that I didn't put it together in the bedroom. If I move, I don't want to have to take it all apart again!

I agree with Deb it sounds like a pain in the but to put together. Glad you got it together. Will it fit out the main door, if you have to move?

Vicki - I am glad you got the dad-burned treadmill together! :rotfl: Enjoy using it. :)

Good morning, DDA. :)

Going to try to teach a somewhat normal schedule today. I need the normalcy.

As of 7:30 last night Bob was still stable. We are hopeful that there will be a change for the better in the next couple of days.

Good morning, DDA. :)

Going to try to teach a somewhat normal schedule today. I need the normalcy.

As of 7:30 last night Bob was still stable. We are hopeful that there will be a change for the better in the next couple of days.

I'm glad he is stable. Is there any expected recovery pattern for this type of stroke?

I agree with Deb it sounds like a pain in the but to put together. Glad you got it together. Will it fit out the main door, if you have to move?

Yes, it will fit through the main doors. Now that the screws have went in once, if I did have to take it apart, it wouldn't be bad. There weren't really that many steps. It was just the screws that were too tight for the holes that created the problem. The rooms are rearranged and everything is in its final resting place. I'm going to do my 1/2 hour walk/run at 8pm. It was well worth it!!!!!

Hi everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes here and on facebook! It really made my day!

We kept it really low key this year. The kids and Alan made me breakfast, then I pampered myself with a haircut. The kids cleaned the house, and Katie made a cake. Alan took me out to dinner and to pick out a cover for my Nook.
All in all, it was a really nice day!

This weekend, we are going to my dad's. It's his 80th birthday, and there is going to be a HUGE open house/reception. The community has been invited, as well as his colleagues in the theater world. Should be a ton of fun! I'll have to remember to take lots of pictures!

Elin - How is Bob doing tonight? How was going back to teaching?

Vicki - Congrats on the new treadmill! We really need a new one! Unfortunately, we need a lot of things, so that is kind of low on the totem pole, right now.

Yesterday was an amazing day. Bob woke up and made such a ruckus trying to talk to me and write on my palm that the nurses put out a call to any doctor to come and write permission to remove the breathing tube. They did and he hasn't shut up. I stayed with him for 8 hours yesterday and he talked constantly. His speech and voice have been affected (but his mind is still sharp) and I can understand about 95% of what he is saying. He is still having to use the feeding tube though, because he can't pass their swallowing test yet. When that happens he has given me a list of food and drink "wants" that spans three notebook pages. I came home to check on the dog (who ate pottery last night.... there is no end....) and to eat lunch. I am going back with renewed hearing! Thanks for sharing in my delight.

Yesterday was an amazing day. Bob woke up and made such a ruckus trying to talk to me and write on my palm that the nurses put out a call to any doctor to come and write permission to remove the breathing tube. They did and he hasn't shut up. I stayed with him for 8 hours yesterday and he talked constantly. His speech and voice have been affected (but his mind is still sharp) and I can understand about 95% of what he is saying. He is still having to use the feeding tube though, because he can't pass their swallowing test yet. When that happens he has given me a list of food and drink "wants" that spans three notebook pages. I came home to check on the dog (who ate pottery last night.... there is no end....) and to eat lunch. I am going back with renewed hearing! Thanks for sharing in my delight.

That is truly fabulous news :cool1::cool1:

This is so wonderful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter