DDA Chapter 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning DDA

Headed to an OB appt at 1pm I am sure I will be lectured about my low H & H.

Then stopping next door at the hospital so Olivia can try to sell some Girl Scout Cookies to my co - workers.

I got another pin code from WDW this time in the mail. same code we got in the email. I think we have decided to do POR and save the Delux resort for my 40th Birthday trip.

Hello, DDA! I'm sorry that I haven't been on much. I have been reading along and keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

I got to "talk" to Bob today. They wanted to see if they could take him off the ventilator so they needed to let the propofol wear off. As it turned out they had to put it back in because his levels dropped too far, but we had about an hour of very one-sided talking. The nurse said something about him probably not being able to understand everything I was saying and Bob rolled his eyes as if to say, "the heck I don't!" That was encouraging. He also half-smiled when I asked him if he wanted to dance. He did not know that he had suffered a stroke. It is still very critical, but that was a bright spot for us today. Thought you all would want to know.

I also forgot to tell you all a funny story. On Tuesday he had us in stitches... Every time anyone would come in to treat Bob they would ask him the same questions: do you know your name, do you know where you are, what year is it, who is the President, what is my name? So, after about ten times Bob was getting a little aggravated, I think. When the neurologist (a young woman) came in, his nurse (a woman) was also in there, along with two female assistants who were changing his bedding. Kristin and I were also present in his room. When the question of what his location was, he looked around the room and said, "a strip club." The staff was stunned and exceedingly worried. Kristin and I were about to wet our pants we were laughing so hard. They finally realized he was joking.

I got to "talk" to Bob today. They wanted to see if they could take him off the ventilator so they needed to let the propofol wear off. As it turned out they had to put it back in because his levels dropped too far, but we had about an hour of very one-sided talking. The nurse said something about him probably not being able to understand everything I was saying and Bob rolled his eyes as if to say, "the heck I don't!" That was encouraging. He also half-smiled when I asked him if he wanted to dance. He did not know that he had suffered a stroke. It is still very critical, but that was a bright spot for us today. Thought you all would want to know.

I also forgot to tell you all a funny story. On Tuesday he had us in stitches... Every time anyone would come in to treat Bob they would ask him the same questions: do you know your name, do you know where you are, what year is it, who is the President, what is my name? So, after about ten times Bob was getting a little aggravated, I think. When the neurologist (a young woman) came in, his nurse (a woman) was also in there, along with two female assistants who were changing his bedding. Kristin and I were also present in his room. When the question of what his location was, he looked around the room and said, "a strip club." The staff was stunned and exceedingly worried. Kristin and I were about to wet our pants we were laughing so hard. They finally realized he was joking.

That is so encouraging Elin. You know him best! I love the joke. Too funny.

I'm trying to get myself eating better and in shape. I just haven't been able to get started on it. I don't like exercising outside. The last time I was able to do it using treadmills in the motels I stayed in and at home when I was there. Chuck & I have discussed it and I'm going to buy a treadmill for the apartment. Mom had gotten me a used one but it is so loud that I'm afraid to use it for fear of bothering the neighbors. I've been doing research on what is available. We are going to research online and we'll decide what I should go buy tomorrow. I'm in Lansing this week-end.

Hope the DDA have a great week-end. It is VERY cold here. I will be spending lots of time inside this week-end. Either at work or in the apartment.

Continued prayers for Bob's recovery.:hug: Nice to hear he still has his sense of humor.:laughing:

morning DDA

Headed to an OB appt at 1pm I am sure I will be lectured about my low H & H.

Then stopping next door at the hospital so Olivia can try to sell some Girl Scout Cookies to my co - workers.

I got another pin code from WDW this time in the mail. same code we got in the email. I think we have decided to do POR and save the Delux resort for my 40th Birthday trip.
How did things go today?

POR might be a good idea for now. You'll want a bigger room when the girls get bigger but then once the twins turn 3 you'll have to switch to 2 rooms, family suite, cabins, DVC....

whats on tap this weekend DDA
Today was a snow day for the kids. We got snow right at rush hour. Our office opened at 10am but that just had us driving in the storm, the roads were very scary. I get to work and the executive row is empty and while the huge hill up to our office is well plowed the parking lot itself was a mess.:headache:

Thankfully the roads were better on my way home. I got pizza and we had a cake for Emma's birthday.

I'll take Emma & Joe to Lowes tomorrow. Not sure what else we'll do.

That is reassuring. I hope that he heals quickly and can stay off the vent:wizard:

I'm trying to get myself eating better and in shape. I just haven't been able to get started on it. I don't like exercising outside. The last time I was able to do it using treadmills in the motels I stayed in and at home when I was there. Chuck & I have discussed it and I'm going to buy a treadmill for the apartment. Mom had gotten me a used one but it is so loud that I'm afraid to use it for fear of bothering the neighbors. I've been doing research on what is available. We are going to research online and we'll decide what I should go buy tomorrow. I'm in Lansing this week-end.

Hope the DDA have a great week-end. It is VERY cold here. I will be spending lots of time inside this week-end. Either at work or in the apartment.

Good luck with your purchase and your exercise plans

Continued prayers for Bob's recovery.:hug: Nice to hear he still has his sense of humor.:laughing:

How did things go today?

POR might be a good idea for now. You'll want a bigger room when the girls get bigger but then once the twins turn 3 you'll have to switch to 2 rooms, family suite, cabins, DVC....

Today was a snow day for the kids. We got snow right at rush hour. Our office opened at 10am but that just had us driving in the storm, the roads were very scary. I get to work and the executive row is empty and while the huge hill up to our office is well plowed the parking lot itself was a mess.:headache:

Thankfully the roads were better on my way home. I got pizza and we had a cake for Emma's birthday.

I'll take Emma & Joe to Lowes tomorrow. Not sure what else we'll do.
I was right got the lecture, she encouraged me to eat lots of red meat. she did not say any thing about rechecking my H & H. Sold quite a few boxes of cookies. We will stop by after church on sunday and try to sell more.
Have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night for one of my cousins girls. What is the build tomorrow at Lowe's?

love that he still has his sense of humor.

I was right got the lecture, she encouraged me to eat lots of red meat. she did not say any thing about rechecking my H & H. Sold quite a few boxes of cookies. We will stop by after church on sunday and try to sell more.
Have a birthday party to go to tomorrow night for one of my cousins girls. What is the build tomorrow at Lowe's?

Emma's troop got the order form out late so we only had like a week to sell and I was so crazy busy with work that I kept forgetting to bring it in. I brought it in the last day and only asked a few friends but sold over 60 boxes plus the 10 we bought so she did OK. Lizzy's troop only does booth sales now so that is easy.

Lowes is a ball toss thing today. In 3 weeks they are doing a music box. The workshops seem to be getting more popular in our store. We almost could not do it last time so I've singed up on line to do this one and the next one on 2/12. The next one I signed all 3 kids up for because it looks so cool-a music box. Joe could give his to my MIL or SIL. The kids also want to do the Home Depot one on 2/5-to build a heart shaped shelf. The projects are great and you can't beat the price-FREE.:thumbsup2

Emma's troop got the order form out late so we only had like a week to sell and I was so crazy busy with work that I kept forgetting to bring it in. I brought it in the last day and only asked a few friends but sold over 60 boxes plus the 10 we bought so she did OK. Lizzy's troop only does booth sales now so that is easy.

Lowes is a ball toss thing today. In 3 weeks they are doing a music box. The workshops seem to be getting more popular in our store. We almost could not do it last time so I've singed up on line to do this one and the next one on 2/12. The next one I signed all 3 kids up for because it looks so cool-a music box. Joe could give his to my MIL or SIL. The kids also want to do the Home Depot one on 2/5-to build a heart shaped shelf. The projects are great and you can't beat the price-FREE.:thumbsup2

Thanks, I remember seeing some where about the lowrs music box. Could not remember the date I think I will sign the girls up for it. Jeff usually grabs two of the home depot kits for us. One advantage of him working their.

I'm trying to figure out how to pick up the treadmill from Sam's. Chuck did a review of all of them. He likes the one at Sam's the best. It had the minimum requirements for the best price. I need to take both sets of seats out of the car (or at least fold them down). Then I need to find someone to help get them in the apartment. It is a Proform 400 CT. It is only $500 at Sam's.

I'm trying to figure out how to pick up the treadmill from Sam's. Chuck did a review of all of them. He likes the one at Sam's the best. It had the minimum requirements for the best price. I need to take both sets of seats out of the car (or at least fold them down). Then I need to find someone to help get them in the apartment. It is a Proform 400 CT. It is only $500 at Sam's.

Hope you figured out how to get it home.

Happy Birthday Glynis
Happy-Birthday.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter