DDA Chapter 4

But you don't have to affix plastic grapes to the Science Fair board!:rotfl2: It will be FINE! Do you want me to post pics of my Science fair Boards? We never got back the one from last year, but I have the one from the year before and this year. How are those bacteria cultures coming along?

So you see my point! But like I said, we have a lot of stuff left over that we can use in the future. Except the plastic grapes. :rolleyes1

Good night, Jen!
Eh, they aren't as full of bacteria as I thought they would be. Thanks for the offer but you don't have to go to the trouble. I'm sure there are tons online if I just google them. And why are they YOUR science fair boards?!?! :rotfl:

Eh, they are as full of bacteria as I thought they would be. Thanks for the offer but you don't have to go to the trouble. I'm sure there are tons online if I just google them. And why are they YOUR science fair boards?!?! :rotfl:

Because they are a labor of love/hate. :rotfl2:
So what are we supposed to wash our cutting boards with?

Tammi - Here they are anyway! :rotfl:

ScienceFair002.jpg

ScienceFair001.jpg

I'm off to my MIL but wanted to post this site that a coworker says is great. It lets you upload a photo of your artwork to pick out a frame. She said she's had good luck with them. I think I'll give it a try for my print.

www.americanframe.com

I'll catch up when I get home.

I use the frame at Kohl's that are meant for Certificates. They have 2 layers of glass that you put the image between. I buy the frame a bit larger then the dimension of the piece and then suspend it evenly between the glass. No need for a custom size or matte.

I hate always coming on and posting about my upside down life but here it is:

I had to take Jim to the ER this morning....goober was being a baby and wouldn't walk so I had to call the ambulance. Thankfully a friend stayed with me for the entire time.

Official ER diagnosis: acute laryngitis. I am so thankful for our medical care but it is very expensive at a time when our purse strings are pulled so very, very tight.

On top of that I've gotten a whole lot less sleep than he has because they don't give beds to those stuck in the ER for 5+ hours with their loved ones (plus I didn't sleep much anyway last night).

:hug: Sudafed will clear up inner ear issues (vertigo) in most cases. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Theresa - I'm sorry! :hug: I hope you get some rest tonight and that Jim is feeling better.

Lindsay - I still have the PMs you sent me from Glynis about DL. Obviously this trip would be WAAAY in the future if we do decide to go. At least not until Spring or Summer of 2009,depending on everybody's vacation schedules. My friend who used to work for a local AIDS agency is now living in Vegas and working as a travel agent (which is what she did before getting into social work) and she has e-mailed me a couple of times to let me know she can get great DL deals. I might let her work up some packages for me if we can nail down a timeframe. The Uncles are also fond of our local AAA agent, but if we went that route I would have Chanon handle our stuff.

The poster is done. This is what I learned:
Plastic grapes are very expensive. If you are going to buy plastic grapes you should NOT leave your coupons at home.:headache: The craft store only sells short metal fasteners - for long ones you must go to the office supply store. When you push the fastener through the foam-core board you have to be REALLY careful, because if the board bends it leaves a BIG wrinkle that can't be fixed. That could cause a 4 letter word to pop out of your mouth.:rolleyes1 If your child is a snot he might look rather critically at the board and wonder aloud what else could be added to make it look better, because the board wasn't SUPPOSED to be white. Never mind that white is all they sell at Target. Never mind that this project already cost us about $20. (Which isn't THAT expensive, but for something that has no practical use, it kind of IS expensive.) We do have plenty of nice blue Saran Wrap and a bunch of craft foam left over, as well as a big box of fasteners so our next project will be cheaper. ;)

I had envisioned your board, but not like you made it :rotfl: I was picturing an actual mountain with a flag at the peak of it, with some sort of jungle with grape vines :rotfl: You know 3 D.

You are really sending me into shock worrying about putting together the science fair board this weekend. I'm very, very afraid. :eek: :scared:

Hunter brought home a paper this weekend asking for 3 science fair project ideas. He was insistant on coming up with his own ideas with no help from Mom. His ideas were simple though I don't remember them off the top of my head. Something with rubber bands for one and soaking pennies in different sodas for another.:confused3

We managed to repair/rebuild the canopy for Hunter's wheelchair today. I also printed out most of our trip t shirt transfers and cut them out. It took many hours to do all the cutting. Maybe tomorrow I will get them ironed on. I need to get projects finished and put away. Decluttering.

I got my work schedule and I am working the next 6 nights :scared: Boy I hope we are busy to make it worthwhile.

With that I'm off to bed.

Deb

Lindsay - I would say you have had your fair share of troubles this week! BE GONE, I say!

Theresa - you need a very large dose of PD. :hug:

Elizabeth - the board looks good!

What a great location! I love how the roads circle around right there. I'll bet it cuts down on traffic. You could definitely walk off a few pounds around there! I figure that's probably one reason that I didn't gain much weight while I was living in Boston. I may not have been losing it due to diet, but I maintained well due to exercise. I hope she's settling in well! I'm just so dadgum jealous!

She is settled in quite well, I think. Kristin and I got a lot of things unpacked yesterday and today so her room looks like it can be lived in. Both her room mates like her dog and seem very nice and very busy. So there should not be much of a transition there.

I decided to drive on home tonight, rather than spend the night in Richmond with Kristin in her dorm/apartment. I am almost caught up here and then I am hoping to sleep in tomorrow. I don't teach until 3:00.

I'm glad you are home safe and sound, Elin. I hope you get some much needed rest today.

Good morning! I've been able to read but not post much the last day or so. I love the science fair and other school projects... nice work moms :teeth:

Have a good day, and I'll try to pop on more when I can!

Good morning, all! I haven't read since Friday evening, so I need to go back and do that.

We have a 2-hour delay here which means no preschool. Thank goodness! I still have the fever and the awful cough. :sick: I don't want to go infect any of the kids, but we don't have subs available. I hope that I didn't infect everyone at the synchro meet yesterday. I'm usually much more respectful, but they really needed me to drive.

I've decided that I don't want to get hot flashes, and they are probably not far away for me. I will be freezing and then take some ibuprofen. Twenty minutes later, I'm stripping as much as I can, because I'm so hot. Not something I am looking forward to, but others have lived to tell the tale. :rotfl:

Have a great day, DDA!

Thanks, that is just a few of my stuffed Pooh's. I have quite a few more. :teeth:

So far they are just calling for snow, so if that is all we get then :woohoo:.

I have a cousin named Michele. For some reason her mother only used one l.

One of my cousins is Michele Lynn and another is Michelle Lynn.

Bernadette,
Nice pictures!

Yes! I forgot to comment on them before. I loved all your pictures. Laura and dh never went to a father-daughter dance. They weren't as popular around here when she was that age. I also loved the birthday cakes.

Anne Marie, I love your tickers! Your cruise is getting close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter