DDA Chapter 4

So DS called just now. He had homework on Wednesday that he didn't finish because his eyes were still blurry. He had a sub on Thursday because his teacher was chaperoning a field trip. Friday DS was on a field trip and didn't have his backpack, but he didn't see the teacher anyway. So I told him he HAD to turn that in TODAY. The marking period ended Friday, so I am sure they have to have grades in soon. DS tried to go turn it in this morning but the hall monitor got him so he wasn't allowed to go to the classroom. (It's a crap shoot - we knew she might get him.) So by the time he went to class he FORGOT to turn it in!:headache:

The teacher talked to each student today about their project boards. He told her there is some blank space, and she told him to color it. I did print out some extra photos from the internet today so we can add some to the board, but I told him NOT to color it. I think it will look HORRIBLE if he tries to color in the blank spaces. What do you guys think? :confused3

On a better note, he went to his detention after lunch and the classroom was locked. He sat down in the hall and waited. The teacher came along and asked him what he was doing, and he said he was there for detention. The teacher had forgotten, and for DS's honesty the teacher said he doesn't have to come to detention after today!:banana:
Yes I agree coloring would not look good. Perhaps spray paint? Can anything be removed before doing so?

What did he do to get detention? I must have missed that somewhere/

We are off to religion class.

I must say, I got a cordless mouse for my laptop yesterday and I LOVE it!

Yes I agree coloring would not look good. Perhaps spray paint? Can anything be removed before doing so?

What did he do to get detention? I must have missed that somewhere/

We don't have any spray paint. I am not about to stand on the balcony in 30-ish degree weather to spray paint anything anyway!:rotfl2: We will be leaving the board white and going for a minimalist effect.;)

Several of them were talking in the hall when they were coming back from lunch on Thursday. Another teacher told them to quiet down. One of DS's classmates muttered something about that teacher being a crazy old lady and DS laughed, causing him to get detention for this whole week.:rolleyes: DS is rarely the instigator but he is always the FIRST one on the bandwagon.

We are off to religion class.

I must say, I got a cordless mouse for my laptop yesterday and I LOVE it!

Tammi, I had to have a cordless mouse for mine too. I just love it. Cannot seem to get close enough with the finger thingey. Mine is LIME GREEN :dance3:

I am going to put some craft foam behind the photos to make them "pop" out a little bit. Not sure if I will use the foam as a border or just as a backing to make the photos thicker. I'll let DS pick. I have a photo of a huge, gnarled olive tree and a smaller photo of fresh olives. The other 2 are landscapes. I told him the only other thing I can think of would be to maybe make a sun and some seagulls as a backdrop for the little fisherman. The board does look very clean right now, so I am worried about making it look cluttered and junky.:scared: The teacher asked him if it looks like he put some effort into it. Well, yes, I do think it looks like it took some effort, thank you very much!

Could you make like a little accordian photo album that could be opened up? The teacher might think that was cool but then it wouldn't take up too much space on the board.:confused3

Could you find some clip art to put a Greek Key border on it?

i still catching up from the weekend and saw Elizabeth you were looking for a shirt at the Disney store for $5. the Disney store by me has tons so if you or anyone wants some pm me let me know the info and ill go back later this week and get them.

Could you make like a little accordian photo album that could be opened up? The teacher might think that was cool but then it wouldn't take up too much space on the board.:confused3

Could you find some clip art to put a Greek Key border on it?

I don't know if there is enough of a margin around the edges to do a border. I tried to download a Greek looking font and I couldn't get it to work.:rolleyes:
Part of the problem is that the existing elements are glued down so we can't move stuff. Anything we add has to fit where there is blank space right now.

i still catching up from the weekend and saw Elizabeth you were looking for a shirt at the Disney store for $5. the Disney store by me has tons so if you or anyone wants some pm me let me know the info and ill go back later this week and get them.

Oops! Forgot to type my response! DH says he has enough shirts, but thank you for offering!! :)

I don't know if there is enough of a margin around the edges to do a border. I tried to download a Greek looking font and I couldn't get it to work.:rolleyes:
Part of the problem is that the existing elements are glued down so we can't move stuff. Anything we add has to fit where there is blank space right now.

Could you find a Greek Key border to use as a "frame" for the pictures?

I'm really bummed, I have had a nice big roast in the slow cooker all day. I just went to cut it up & it is so tough! I have never had a roast turn out like this before, so now I need to make something else for supper(it is way to chewy):sad2:

I hate to throw it away, any ideas what to do/make with it? I can make BBQ for sandwiches, but I would love some other ideas.

I did add a packet of onion soup mix & a can of beef broth, but I don't think that is the reason. :confused3

I'm really bummed, I have had a nice big roast in the slow cooker all day. I just went to cut it up & it is so tough! I have never had a roast turn out like this before, so now I need to make something else for supper(it is way to chewy):sad2:

I hate to throw it away, any ideas what to do/make with it? I can make BBQ for sandwiches, but I would love some other ideas.

I did add a packet of onion soup mix & a can of beef broth, but I don't think that is the reason. :confused3

I'm sorry Janet, I can be of no help on cooking questions (or craft questions!)

I had a dream last night that you, Chanon & I were at Pop this December. (Hmmmm where'd that come from!?:laughing: ) I guess it is playing on my mind!;)

How about a Beef Stroganoff?

actually, I made the Stroganoff last night but with hamburger. But I also have one for actual beef cut up

It was actually warm enough today to drive home with the moon roof open :cool1:

Just trying to get my post count up to match the boards post count!!!!

anyone been watching John & Kate plus 8 ?? cute show

it is on TLC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter