DDA Chapter 4

Hurry, Terry! This is the last page!

Bernadette - I don't know. I haven't tried to lay the pics on the board yet so I don't know how much room I have.

Wait . . . .

Don't leave me . . . . . last time I got left behind on chapter three.

Beef Stroganoff

2 lbs beef tenderloin or sirloin steak (I have used chuck)
1/4 c butter or margarine
1 can (6 oz) mushrooms, drained
2 cans 10 1/2 oz condensed beef broth (bullion) (I hardly ever use all of it)
1/3 c minced onion
1/4 c catsup
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/3 c flour
1 c sour cream

8 to 10 oz uncooked medium noodles
3 tbl butter or margarine

Cut meat into bite size pieces. Melt 1/4 c butter in large skillet. Cook and stir in mushrooms in butter about 5 minutes, remove mushrooms.

In same skillet, brown meat. Reserving 2/3 c of broth, stir in remaining broth, onion, catsup and garlic salt. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Blend reserved broth and flour, stir into meat. Add mushrooms, heat to boiling, stirring constantly into meat. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream, heat through.

Cook noodles as directed on package, drain. Toss with 3 tbl butter. Serve with stroganoff.

6 to 8 servings

Hamburger Stroganoff

1 lb ground beef
1/2 c chopped onion
1 tbl flour
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small can mushrooms (drained)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream

In large skillet, cook and stir meat and onion in butter till meat is brown, onion tender. Stir in flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup, heat to boiling stirring constantly.

Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve over Poppy Seed noodles.

4 Servings

Poppy Seed Noodles

cook 8 oz medium noodles as directed. drain. Stir in 2 tsp poppy seed and 1 tsp butter.

I'm really bummed, I have had a nice big roast in the slow cooker all day. I just went to cut it up & it is so tough! I have never had a roast turn out like this before, so now I need to make something else for supper(it is way to chewy):sad2:

I hate to throw it away, any ideas what to do/make with it? I can make BBQ for sandwiches, but I would love some other ideas.

I did add a packet of onion soup mix & a can of beef broth, but I don't think that is the reason. :confused3
That blows! Stroganoff sounds good!

I had a dream last night that you, Chanon & I were at Pop this December. (Hmmmm where'd that come from!?:laughing: ) I guess it is playing on my mind!;)
Are you planning something?

I dreamt Elizabeth & I were in some big mall (must have been TX) and I wanted to shop but she wanted to buy a sausage sandwich at 10am before the sausage place got too busy.:laughing:

Debbie, I love this! Want to share how you do that background?

Thanks Beth,
Glad to hear your leg is on the mend.

For the background you start off with a shape in the color you want,
to add the darker part you use the burn tool, with the leaf pattern. To make the lighter part you use the dodge tool with the leaf pattern, after you do this add a new layer and paint the stars on it, then you add another layer and paint over the stars with the soft brush with your opacity set lower and that will add the glow.

Lindsay - I'll send his new terms to you in a PM

Marci - Congrats to Andrew

Jennifer - :hug: Prayers for the family of the lost little one.

We are supposed to be in for some very bad weather tonight, we are already under a tornado watch, hopefully it will have passed by the time we have to leave for work in the morning.

Yummy, thank you!

Beef Stroganoff

2 lbs beef tenderloin or sirloin steak (I have used chuck)
1 can (6 oz) mushrooms, drained
2 cans 10 1/2 oz condensed beef broth (bullion) (I hardly ever use all of it)
1/3 c minced onion
1/4 c catsup
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/3 c flour
1 c sour cream

8 to 10 oz uncooked medium noodles
3 tbl butter or margarine

Cut meat into bite size pieces. Melt 1/4 c butter in large skillet. Cook and stir in mushrooms in butter about 5 minutes, remove mushrooms.

In same skillet, brown meat. Reserving 2/3 c of broth, stir in remaining broth, onion, catsup and garlic salt. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Blend reserved broth and flour, stir into meat. Add mushrooms, heat to boiling, stirring constantly into meat. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream, heat through.

Cook noodles as directed on package, drain. Toss with 3 tbl butter. Serve with stroganoff.

6 to 8 servings

Hamburger Stroganoff

1 lb ground beef
1/2 c chopped onion
1 tbl flour
1 tsp salt
1 clove garlic minced
1/4 tsp pepper
1 small can mushrooms (drained)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 c sour cream

In large skillet, cook and stir meat and onion in butter till meat is brown, onion tender. Stir in flour, salt, garlic, pepper and mushrooms, cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in soup, heat to boiling stirring constantly.

Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve over Poppy Seed noodles.

4 Servings

Poppy Seed Noodles

cook 8 oz medium noodles as directed. drain. Stir in 2 tsp poppy seed and 1 tsp butter.

Stay safe Debbie!

We are supposed to be in for some very bad weather tonight, we are already under a tornado watch, hopefully it will have passed by the time we have to leave for work in the morning.

I dreamt Elizabeth & I were in some big mall (must have been TX) and I wanted to shop but she wanted to buy a sausage sandwich at 10am before the sausage place got too busy.:laughing:

OMG! :rotfl2: I wouldn't eat a sausage sandwich if you PAID me! Especially if there was SHOPPING to be done!:banana:

Last night I had a dream about my boss. I was supposed to be at work at 9 AM but I overslept. When I got there they had a new housekeeper. She said she was going to go over and clean the rental house where the grandparents were staying, then she would be back. My bosses had gotten a bunch of moving boxes from their "old" house and they all appeared to be full of very delicate, ornate clocks. Some were unpacked, others were not. I was wearing my T-shirt and panties because apparently I came to work STRAIGHT out of bed.:scared1: My boss came into the kitchen and handed me boy/girl newborn twins. They were hers! :scared: She named them Max and Emme, just like J. Lo.:rotfl2: The girl was in a red onesie, the boy was in a navy one. It was very, very weird!!

We don't have any spray paint. I am not about to stand on the balcony in 30-ish degree weather to spray paint anything anyway!:rotfl2: We will be leaving the board white and going for a minimalist effect.;)

Several of them were talking in the hall when they were coming back from lunch on Thursday. Another teacher told them to quiet down. One of DS's classmates muttered something about that teacher being a crazy old lady and DS laughed, causing him to get detention for this whole week.:rolleyes: DS is rarely the instigator but he is always the FIRST one on the bandwagon.
Oooohh....Well, you can hardly blame him. She probably is a crazy old lady. :crazy:

I'm really bummed, I have had a nice big roast in the slow cooker all day. I just went to cut it up & it is so tough! I have never had a roast turn out like this before, so now I need to make something else for supper(it is way to chewy):sad2:

I hate to throw it away, any ideas what to do/make with it? I can make BBQ for sandwiches, but I would love some other ideas.

I did add a packet of onion soup mix & a can of beef broth, but I don't think that is the reason. :confused3
Oh man, that's too bad Janet. I can imagine how disappointed you were when you were all ready to dig in and found it so tough. I hope you were able to salvage it into something palatable.

OMG! :rotfl2: I wouldn't eat a sausage sandwich if you PAID me! Especially if there was SHOPPING to be done!:banana:

Last night I had a dream about my boss. I was supposed to be at work at 9 AM but I overslept. When I got there they had a new housekeeper. She said she was going to go over and clean the rental house where the grandparents were staying, then she would be back. My bosses had gotten a bunch of moving boxes from their "old" house and they all appeared to be full of very delicate, ornate clocks. Some were unpacked, others were not. I was wearing my T-shirt and panties because apparently I came to work STRAIGHT out of bed.:scared1: My boss came into the kitchen and handed me boy/girl newborn twins. They were hers! :scared: She named them Max and Emme, just like J. Lo.:rotfl2: The girl was in a red onesie, the boy was in a navy one. It was very, very weird!!
And we get to close our thread knowing what Elizabeth wears to bed. :rolleyes: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter